Will you support or participate in a long term work group?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24666 by
Please take the time to read this well thought out article ( http://www.jediserenity.com/0408/together.html ).
I know it is long, but it contains wise words.
I suggest just what the author suggests at the end of the article. That the serious minded among us gather together and celebrate each others differing viewpoints, and form a small work group. The idea would be to dissect the larger and seemingly unsolvable problems into small parts, and then choose a part to examine and resolve. By including all the major differing viewpoints within our community we should be able to come up with solutions that will appeal to the majority.
I propose that the work group take as long as necessary with a single topic before disbanding or moving on to another segment of the problem, whether that takes 6 months or 2 years. The group would keep track of progress, stay on topic, and above all work diplomatically toward a solution through compromise.

The groups first task would be to get to know each other and decide what topic to pick apart, be it unity, the creation of a physical location, or leadership. Once a topic is agreed on, it would then be dissected into small parts. When the group has decided what the small parts are, they would choose one part to work on.

IF you do not have a suggestion for improving the design of the group, I ask that you do not post a response. If you would like to add your self to the list of willing work group members you may do so via this link ( http://jediunity.wordpress.com/category/work-group-off-topic-discussion/ ) or by emailing me ( sblocksmith@yahoo.com ).

The only requirements for joining the group are as follows:
1) The member is actively working to better themselves through training and/or learning
2) The member will enter every discussion with diplomacy and an open mind.
3) The member must agree that closed mindedness and absolution are not the ways of the Jedi!

Regardless of whether you participate, you are invited to observe the progress here ( http://jediunity.wordpress.com/ ) though you will not be able to post into the work group unless you are a member.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24748 by
I think it is imperative to have the Jediism or Religious perspective. At the very least you can think of the experience as getting to know some Jedi around the community, and actively practicing diplomacy. What better way to learn conflict resolution and diplomacy then actually doing it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24750 by
Sounds good

me personally - Im afraid I must decline at present - too much on my real world plate as well as my duties within this temple.

When im more able - I'll drop by. I hope you appreciate and understand my position.

MTFBWY - A

More
14 years 9 months ago #24756 by Garm
I have visited the links from your first post DP. It does look interesting and I do recognize a couple of the people from my past. At the present time I have to decline the invitation to participate, however I will watch from the sidelines for awhile.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24763 by
I too must at this time decline. Like Master Kana I have my hands full at the moment as well with work, bills and TOTJO.

But I will drop in from time to time to see how things are going.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24764 by
Thank you for your non-negative responses. I am not going to promote the idea for a while, due to the evidence that the very idea seems to be causing more harm then it might create. It was my intent to bring people together and communicate, and celebrate their differences. not insult people and create problems. So I will leave the area up and hope that when the community and myself are ready there will be many willing people already signed up for the idea. Again It is a testament to your inter community that none of the negativity came from within it. Perhaps I should spend more time here...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #24772 by Jon
Your offer is from its foundation a good one and very practical in its concept. Who could possibly find fault with that? I just think that at the moment the members who are active here have enough on their plates and are also struggling with their private lives. And even though all the different communities are Jedi in their nomenclature they do differ in their philosophies. The people ( very often have experienced religious dissapointment or even trauma) who then find their Jedi corner are happy with the Jediism expressed in their respective community. For them to deal with differing ideologies can prove then to be too much. I know of many members who however visit other communities on a private basis and share.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Jon.

More
14 years 9 months ago #24877 by Alethea Thompson
looks like the only person I would suggest to go over there, is there already. I'm not exactly a \"stable\" character in the community to add any assistance. But I do want to tell you this up front:

From what I've observed, many attempts like this one to help the Jedi Community have failed only because someone with some influence, or just determination and resiliance, didn't head it up. Keep at it David. The project can only fail if you allow it to ;).

Good Luck!

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24882 by
I will say, that may be the most positive response I have heard yet. In fact the most \"Jedi\" answers seem to have come form this site. Every where else I have gotten warnings, insults, and have insulted others. Albeit my wording could be softer, and my intent could be worded more clearly. I would imagine a true Jedi would be able to see past my ability to communicate, look past any personal feelings, and either support this effort of diplomacy or help me learn to achieve it. I have received the latter from another site \"IJRS\" but every where else I have not gotten the Jedi response I would hope a Jedi is capable of giving.
I guess that does it, I am defiantly going to spend more time here. The members here have acted in a way that suggests that they are truly Jedi, and that speaks highly of the group as a whole. Thank you for rising to a level most only scoff at and say \"that's unreasonable, you cant expect people to act that way, we are all only human\" thank you to your members here for being a shining example of Jedi ideals.

More
14 years 9 months ago #24883 by Alethea Thompson
Have you tried Force Academy?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi