Will you support or participate in a long term work group?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24884 by
Not so much as other places. I understand it is a sister site to this place. I will indeed look into it as more as well as here. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24885 by
Force Academy is NOT a sister site of this temple - but Temple Of The Jedi FORCE http://templeofthejediforce.org/ is :D

you could (or maybe even should) join their forums and post similarly their.

Many of the members here are also members their also (and visa versa) so for a fair part - its a repeated audienence but alot of the members wont have seen you.

You could also try Jedi Praxium and Jedi Sanctuary (links on the left of your screen)

Hope this helps ;)

MTFBWY - A

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24900 by
It does and thank you. But I have taken some advise and I am going to put some more time in the community and work on my communication skills before I promote the idea further...
I don't want to further divide us, by continuing to insult some people...

either way its not bad advise to grow personally before I attempt to continue with this unity quest I seem to have. I really do thank you for your continued support.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24909 by
OK - thats fine but may I remind you of a saying - something everyone should keep in mind but especially those planing such ventures.

You can't please everyone all of the time - aka the folly of pleasing all.

Your always going to 'upset someone' and no matter how clear your linguistic skills - your words are always going to be twisted and or misinterpreted by someone - especially by one or two individuals who will always seek to do this.

Its also part of the problem of the written word, unlike a verbal conversation or even a face to face conversation - its impossible to convey the emotions and or tones behind our word - its actually the real reason for emoticons (not just decoration).

Be assured that for the most part - as long as your heart is in the right place - your going to reach your target audience with the real intention behind your words understood.

MTFBWY - A

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24913 by
I agree... wise words indeed. For a community interested in emotional control I find it odd that the majority do not act as if they understand that. I am glad that there are those among us who embrace this concept and are able to act reasonably. In the end I can only find peace and reason myself, it can not be forced on anyone. Regardless I believe some patience is in order on my part.

More
14 years 9 months ago #25046 by Alethea Thompson
Kana, it almost sounds as though you have a thing against FA :P. lol, just kidding.

But seriously, David, everything is worth a shot. Try the Force Academy boards when you feel up to it. They might seem a little rough around the edges(especially their darks), but there are some members there that may perk up to the idea of your cause. ;)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #25049 by
If FA = Football association - hang em all (I cant stand football :D)

If FA = Force Academy - Ive only looked briefly - nothing 'against them' as such - just not my prefered style of set up.

These days I only frequent 2 jedi sites - as i said - each to their own - if one wishes to called it my own shortsightedness - thats u pto them - its a valid point in many ways but im not into repeating myself of a dozen or sites which I have seen in the past.

MTFWBY - A

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #25070 by
That is almost exactly why I think it would be so beneficial for us as a community to come together. If not to agree and understand each other, then to at least condense our collective knowledge and wisdom to one accessible area. I know it sounds like a pipe dream, it does to me to; But just think of all the wisdom you and I are missing out on. Just think, on some obscure site, somewhere, a brilliant True Jedi Master is formulating a true understanding of the Force, and we may never hear of it.

Forgive me, I did not mean to get on a soap box. Your comment about not wanting to re post your thoughts in several places just caught me as the very nature of the problem with a divided community.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #25075 by
I dont see it as a divided community as such - its akin to the way christianity has gone (and other religions as well)

People have different thoughts and opinions and ways of expressing themselves and these folk gravitate towards their own kind - I feel Jediism is the same - its human nature and perhaps is something we have to learn to learn to accept as such.

I know alot of people dont agree with 'ranking' and other such things - so its going to be difficult to get widely differing practises int he same arena.

It is better to have tried & failed than not tried at all - but there is also a small risk of actually widening divisions.

Just my thought

MTFBWY - A

More
14 years 9 months ago #25076 by Br. John
I've longed for a way to share resources so that people don't duplicate work and to have a comprehensive directory of Jediism organizations. I went to some trouble to get Jediism.net for this exact purpose.

The idea is a library of Jediism resources. How individual organizations chose to use them is up the the org but it would save multiple sites from hosting the same materials.

As far as I know there is no comprehensive directory of organizations / websites.

Just these two things would help everyone and should not offend anyone.

Founder of The Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi