A church/monastary

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14813 by
Replied by on topic Re:A church/monastary
I agree tourism isnt a problem look at the vatican and hagia sophia very \"touristy\" places but it makes no difference to the ones who worship there also not that i care or any one should care what antagonist of Jediism say it would make people think twice about putting down our religion and saying we are a bunch of nerdy star wars kids who come together on the internet from the computers in our moms basement, i believe it would give us an element of respect among the masses, again not that i care but it is something to think about.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14814 by
That is very true, I hate to sound all business and non-jedi, but at least money from tourism would help pay for the building of maybe more temples.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14815 by
exactly it may be a little um commercial but all religions are run like a business and we can use the tourists rather than the paritioners

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14816 by
not to say we make it a business but every church needs a board of directors heck even online we have as such

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14817 by
As I understand it, one of the reasons Lucasfilm hasn't come after us is that we don't profit off of the name \"Jedi\" or any of Lucas' 'intellectual property'. Making money from the tourists might be tricky ground.
Granted, this is all still academic, but Br. John, you're the resident expert; any thoughts?
-Chance

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14818 by
Well, Vatican has its own army, who's up for commander in chief of Jedi Army :cheer:

Seriously tho, there is much development to be done before getting thoughts of a series of temples, one per continent would be start, never mind one per state/country etc

I see nothing wrong i working from homes to begin with then developing as necessary. If jediis is a recognised religion, then mr Lucas and the legal stuff no longer becomes an issue. Does the Pope have tm or copyright over christianity?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14819 by
Here's an idea. How feasible is ti to get George Lucas on board with us? This way, we will know exactly what we can and can not do wit hthe name JEDI, and also so that we will know where copyright infringement is on this matter.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14820 by
as mentioned before, Lucas has no rights over the name Jedi as its a hebrew word (for Jew I belive) regardless, the chances of mr Lucas getting involved I believe are slim and none. In my opinion and this is merely my opinion, to have mr Lucas on board would only serve to do our belief harm rather than good, as once again it links us more strongly with the jedi films rather than the real Jedi on this site and within this Temple.

This is a complicated matter, one that need much thought and care, one wrong move could set everything back a long way, I personally do not want to be associated in anyway with the Jedi of the films.

Just my thoughts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14822 by
i agree we shouldnt involve lucas it would just do the temple (not a physical one in this sense) harm and if Jediism is now a recognized religion he has lost any tm's as it were over the name (i believe) i mean its not like we are going to have idols of yoda and luke outside

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14826 by
I agree with Kana Seiko Haruki that it may be more harm than good with Lucas.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi