A Dark Fourth of July

More
1 year 9 months ago #369116 by River
Replied by River on topic A Dark Fourth of July

ren wrote: That being said the pro choice camp ought to choose something other than 'my body' as an argument. It is repulsive.

Could you elaborate on this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #369117 by Wraith
Replied by Wraith on topic A Dark Fourth of July
Then how about the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

An unwanted/unexpected child can throw everything out the window in that department.

And it is their body, their choice. You can't be force to give blood. You cannot have your organs harvested after you die without consent. A corpse is given more bodily autonomy than a live, functioning, conscious woman.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #369123 by Alethea Thompson
I want to address this point, because it’s fearmongering:

* * Period apps track when you have periods and when you don't

This is the easiest piece of evidence to throw out of court. They’re not going to use a period tracker to determine whether or not you are pregnant. Any number of reasons are available for missing a period - Stress, New Physical Fitness regime, even uterine or ovarian cancer can cause you to miss it. There’s also that you may have simply forgotten to update it.

It’s going to take a Medical Doctor to say “so-and-so was preggers, now she’s not” for there to be enough evidence to prosecute a woman. They don’t need a period tracker at that point.

As long as you get a lawyer worth anything, that’ll get tossed out of court so fast heads will be flying. So let’s stop spreading this because it’s just creating more fear amongst a population that already has enough to fear.

Also chances are good that there isn’t enough resources at any given police department to track women via their phone. They’ve got other things to worry about in that department.

As for states stopping women from going across the state border, that’ll be something to take to the Supreme Court. States have a right to restrict what happens in their border, but IMO outside of it no.

You can’t get charged for a crime in your state if it happened in another. Example:

Say you purchase a gun legally in South Carolina, but that gun is illegal in Illinois. If you take it home, they can’t charge you for the purchase, they can only charge you with possession.

Intriguingly, a pro-life site even points out that Texas laws will still protect a woman who self-induces an abortion (for now):

https://www.liveaction.org/news/texas-woman-arrested-abortion-heartbeat-act/

That said, before anyone questions the miscarriage thing, that has happened in the US: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59214544.amp

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

More
1 year 9 months ago #369124 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic A Dark Fourth of July
Gonna be wierd having a guy talk about the period tracker app….but…this is your most invalid argument. Those apps only work by what info you put in them. It’s not like you have to bleed on your phone every month. They work by you putting what day you started (by typing) then they give an estimate of when your next one will be. They don’t magically make your phone a medical instrument. But even if they did, there are literally thousands of medical reasons for a woman to miss her period that arnt pregnancy.

I’m very very pro choice. Woman’s body, woman’s choice 100%. But I have to say people posting things like how the government is going to track their periods with an app is doing more harm for the fight than good. That is by far the dumbest conspiracy therory I’ve ever heard…..and Diana is not the first person I’ve heard it from for the record.

If we’re gonna win this fight and get womens rights back, it has to be with FACTS, and REASON, and HUMAN DECENCY…not by spreading craziness like “the government is gonna track my period using an iPhone app”

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Ashria

More
1 year 9 months ago #369125 by Zero
I don’t want my previous post to sound like I’m picking on Diana. That’s far from the case. 99% of her concerns are extremely valid, and should be considered. That said one bad piece of info mixed in can ruin our case. Here’s an example.

“I think the government is keeping secrets” my evidence is

1. They have classified briefings that arnt public
2. Intelligence agencies have high security
3. My cousin joe bob was abducted by aliens and anally probed
4. The information on the print out they gave me is highly redacted

See how number 3 made the rest of the points seem invalid and like they were coming from a crazy person? It’s an extreme example, but similar to Diana’s post. The majority of her points were great, accurate, and factual……but one invalid one ruins the whole post and becomes the focus, Just as it did for me today.

To win this fight, we gotta be better than that. Facts….evidence…that’s how we win. Misinformation and therorys will always be a losing ticket for any topic.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashria

More
1 year 9 months ago #369126 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic A Dark Fourth of July
More research is required

https://templeofthejediorder.org/studies/initiateprogramme/2830-lesson-5-information-literacy-and-independent-research

Also does anyone know where the bill is?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
1 year 9 months ago #369127 by Zero
It’s not a bill Rosalyn. It’s a Supreme Court ruling that was overturned. The laws haven’t changed, merely how the courts are allowed to interpret them.

Side note, I’m an engineer not an attorney, but that’s my understanding.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

More
1 year 9 months ago #369128 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic A Dark Fourth of July
Here I'll quote Diana W in reference to an abortion ban bill

Other Parts of The Abortion Ban Bill
* You can now carry a concealed gun without a permit
* Listing of bills to be looked into
* * LGBTQ rights are in this abortion bill
* * Black rights are in this abortion bill
* * Gun control (lack of) is in this abortion bill
* * Re-distribution of voting regions to favor republican voters is in this abortion bill
* * Allowing Electoral Collage to decide the next president despite popular vote count

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
1 year 9 months ago #369129 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic A Dark Fourth of July
All of those are real concerns but they are not all coming from the same place. Some are from the Supreme Court Ruling and some are in The Texas Republican Party Platform. Others are from bills introduced but not yet passed and others have been suggested by candidates and legislators. There's been so much news lately with a drastic reductions of rights (not only abortion) that it's easy to get them confused.

Founder of The Order

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #369130 by Zero
There are bills being put forward in several states to pass state laws reguarding some of those things, but nothing nationally and definitely nothing collectively. I’m sure br.John [strike](an attorney)[/strike] (paralegal) can verify that laws can’t be all smashed together in an unrelated topic (ie. Gun control and election procedures in an abortion bill)

And that last one on the list about presidents being elected by the electoral college has been federal law for decades and has absolutely nothing to do with abortion in any way.

But that’s exactly what I been talking about…..spreading misinformation and preying on peoples fear is not how we get womens rights to abortion back. All the misinformation is doing far more harm than good to the cause.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Br. John.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi