I wil build a Temple in reality all Jedi r welcome

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #125 by
the time has come for a physical place for all Jedi to come and be welcome. i will build this place no matter what. how long it will take, only the Living Force knows. with the help of The Force and any and all Jedi that wish to toil by my side, or just contribute a buck or 2 to the building fund will cause it to be sooner rather than later. it will be in the area of Tucson, Arizona. the earth here is well suited for such things in both composition and spiritual energy. this is what my path has taken me to. this is what i will achieve before this flesh fails me. anyone who wishes to be involved in this monumentous effort in any way please send e-mail to antigravitydad@comcast.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #126 by
What a wonderful and noble undertaking. I wish I could help or do something similar, but I can refer you to some key words I found useful in searching to build my own home....

COB, EarthShip, Adobe, Ram Earth.

I found the earthship stuff particularly intrigueing as I saw them when traveling through Taos NM. Also solar tube lighting and low wattage bright white LED's are very interesting as well. As far as the earth ram goes I believe it was the cinva earth ram key words that brings you to how to make one yourself. I thought about using a modified trailered hydraulic wood splitter for an earth ram device. Also Mother Earth News has some really good and old articles about underground building for cheap. Please, keep us posted. I for one, would definitely like to see how your plans unfold. B)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #133 by
Jidun,
thanks for those wonderful suggestions, i have been investigateing those very possibilities, as well as others. a potter friend has suggested that she use all the clay scraps to build small 1 room structures and fire the thing as if it was a big kiln lol. we could add more rooms as clay became available and do add-ons by fireing the new room. so i have many ideas in the works

unfortunately at this time i must make this statement as per my legal advisor:

If you are under the age of 18, then i can not allow you to help with the physical labor or give extended lodgings to you without parental permission (alot of permission), or proof of emancipation (alot of proof lol).
this is of course a mute point at this time but i was advised to make sure to state this now so that when the time comes and there is a physical location this would already be common knowledge.
thanks again everyone who puts positive energies or actions for this physical Temple.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #151 by
Bylar,
I'm in. Most likely, I'll be moving w/ Niobium to Colorado early next year. I've been trying to think of a way to build a physical temple for some time now, but the means has never presented itself. I think that a physical temple is a great and essential step in building a true spiritual community. Maybe someday we may even have an academy for students to come and live and learn the ways of the force. For now, I'll do whatever I can.

Namaste'
Crow

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #152 by
I've been thinking of the same thing. I was thinking it more centrally located in the US. I was thinking of making it similar to a college actually. Kind of how Notre Dame is a religious college for Catholocism it could be the same for Jediism. Sports and all, there would just be mandatory classes that all students take regardless of Major and such, it would definately make it more respectable I think to the outside world, and they would take us more seriously than they do now. Just my thoughts though, hopefully they help.
Dhagon Krayt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #195 by
if you could help me find a place to sleep for the duration of the construction, and also a job in the area so i could support myself and the temple i would be more than willing to come and help. i am currently an apprentice mason (still have two years left before i become a journeyman) so when the time comes, i could help build the bones of the structure.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #229 by
MTFBWUA.
I am also one of three partners of a National flooring installation company generally working in Commercial Flooring. When the time comes I'm sure I could arrange something with regard to the Temple's flooring and decorative tilework.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #262 by
fellow Jedi,
i thank you all for your most generous offers and when the the time comes i just may take you all up on these. i have been incontact with the lawyer involved and he has complicated matters somewhat, but rest assured i will not be disuaded in this effort. i am dealing with the issues the best i can.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #541 by
i am just a cook but if there is anything you need while you build the temple let me know. i have great ideas and what not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1813 by
Myself and a friend have both, as of yesterday, and before I joined here, that Arizona is the place we need to relocate to. My current lease ends in March 2008 and I plan to head West ( go West, Old Jedi ? ) anyway.
I honestly have always wanted an Earthen structure like Obi-Wan's home in ANH since I first saw it in 1977.
It is an amazing thing how The Force can work these things out, if we but allow it too, in it's own time and not according to our own personal schedules.
Amras

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi