I wil build a Temple in reality all Jedi r welcome

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1818 by
Jedi Amras,
if you would like some relocation info from the chamaber of commerce here in Tucson, send me a pm with address to send it to. i have lived here for bout 12 yrs now, and even though it does get hot, its alot cooler than Phoenix, and not as cold as Flagstaff lol. we are also approx. 90 miles from the U.S./Mexico border and many locals head for a place called Rocky Point on the ocean for get aways or during the winter, an hour away is Mt. Lemon/Winterhaven, where a skiing fix can be obtained. i have endured far too many blizzards in my youth in the midwest to linger more than an hour or so in the cold rofl. anyway we love it here. almost the same energy here as in Sedona, Az. but we have a night-life here, there they shut the towns doors at sundown lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1875 by
Bylar,
I do plan to relocate, after my lease expires here. My friend and I are still planning to settle in the Sedonia area as there is apparently a convergence there, she is more informed about than I am. She teaches Reiki and is considering a small business of our own. However there will be a time that I will be there before her, so I would be able to contribute full time, effort and sweat to the construction effort. Once we settle, then I would be available for weekends and times permitted. i still look foward to finding out about the area and being there full time temporarily. I look forward to it and thank you for your help and considerations.
MTFBWY and Yours,
Amras

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1885 by
You know to get things started, why don't we open local chapters of the temple in our home towns? I'd be open to any and all Jedi close to my home that want to start a sunday morning talk sort of thing. Or Sunday afternoon being that morning is relitive to some of us, myself included. What do you all think?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1896 by
Brother Bylar,

I am also considering moving west (currently in Texas), and I am preparing all the legal work for starting the Praxeum with Br. John... Just wondering if you could offer a bit of information that could aid in the effort, i.e.: approximate rent for an apppartment, and the average high temperature during the summer...

Sukyaj Trebor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1899 by
I also need to find out about some bottom / bargain basement lodging. I may breakdown and buy a small one person pullalong camper.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2058 by
Sir, that is an excellent idea. I've had the same vision for some time now, of building a place where ALL jedi can physically unite and meditate or share thoughts or practice skills. I would not only be willing to help accomplish this, but since we share the same goal, I want to be a headman on this project. I have drawn up schematics for suitable lodging, refresher facilities, a council chamber, theatre, live-in area, dinning hall, dojo, and and library. Like I said, I've had the same idea for quite some time. The location sounds like a good one at that, perhaps a little more north would suit us better though. Possibly, Utah or South Dakota. The only current situation is the finances. It would cost at least $150-200,000 to build, plus acerage. If anyone else shares similiar feelings on this matter, I am personnaly taking charge of the situation. Feel free to reach me at SuburbanPirate84@AOL.com or find me on MySpace. MTFBWY. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2088 by
Sin Luz, I'm sure all appreciate your zeal on this matter, but declaring you are \"personnally taking charge of the situation\" when Bylar is already heading this project, may be a bit much. Sharing your imputs and even checking with Bylar to see if he would like to have you co-head the project would be a more wise thing to do.
That being said, I bet Bylar and the rest of us would be very interested in seeing what you have come up with. Don't know about the idea of Utah or S. Dakota though. S. Dakota winters don't have the best of reputations....:laugh: I agree with you about finances being the only real hurdle for such a project as this. Any building project takes $$$.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2112 by
indeed i do appreaciate any and all offers and/or suggestions. when i started this thread, i had an oppertunity to obtain land here in Tucson as a gift from a like-minded individual that was willing to give the land for the purposes of building a Temple. what i was unaware of is that the land was and still is tied up in a court battle between this person and his ex-wife. the land was not disclosed in the divorce and it appears that she wants all of it for herself or else she will press the issue and press charges. so it seems that this land was not the place intended for us by The Force, however i am still just as committed and other avenues have opened up on the very same day i got this news. the reason i want to build in this area is that the energy here is very similar to the energy near the sedona, az. area and it also has a large population. when its hot, you can find shade, when its cold u cant always find warmth. plus u dont have to shovel sunshine lol. also the earth here is the correct consistancy for adobe bricks and such. as soon as we get a place to start building, i will place an add in the local newspaper for fill dirt, there is alot of construction going on and they frequently look for sources to dispose of excess soil. as i said in an earlier post, a friend that is also a potter wants to build some clay dwellings and fire them as if it was a large kiln lol.

Master Merin,
your suggestion of starting gatherings or having local meetings is a very good one and if i had a place to store my crap in my garage, i would use it to start with, as it has an airconditioner that i installed about 10 years ago when i converted it to a computer repair workshop. what i have been doing as of late while waiting for the land issues to work themselves out is prepairing a spot in my backyard to pour a pad for a storage shed so i can move my crap into it and have the space in the garage available for just such an occasion, or even a spontainious jam session lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2130 by
Bylar,
We are still thinking Sedona area and since she teaches Reiki and we both believe in a great many of the same things, we are thinking a shoppe with a room for classes, meetings, whatever we can aquire. We're still going to be relatively close, so weekend trips should not be a problem, I will keep you informed of progress.
Amras

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2190 by
Brother Amras,
the evergy here in Tucson is so very close to the Sedona area, and there is actually people here as well lol. the Sedona area is a great place to visit, but unless u are a retiree, or cater to them, then it might be hard to start such a thing in that area. most of the local population there has a median age of 55 or older, and many (NOT ALL) in that age group unfortunatly have a very narrow outlook on religion and alternative healing and such. dont get me wrong, im not bad mouthing them, but after you spend 30 minutes behind several people doing 20 mph in a 45 mph zone.... well even the most paitent of us would come close to layin on the horn lol. the whole place closes up at sundown, there might be a circle K (7-11) around thats open, but.... i will forward some info from our chamber of commerce as soon as i can.

Brother Sukyaj Trebor,
there are many low cost appartments and houses for rent here, but the area that they are in... lets say it is unfavorable. most places that are in a halfway decent area run 400 to 600/month. (appartments), and around 700 to 1500 for houses to rent depending on the area and size of the house. once the land is obtained, parking a small camper or travel trailer could be a temporary solution, however details must be arainged prior to anyone just showing up and needing lodgings. also it depends on the land we get as well as to what and how these things will be worked out. the population here in Tucson is growing rapidly and so is the industries associated with population growth. we have a large military base here, in fact this is where all the A-10 (tank killer/warthog) pilots are trained.

lets see, there was some issues were brought up elsewhere, and i would like to discuss them. as for the intellectual property issue, from the past track record of Mr. Lucas, as long as you dont use it for profit, it as been established that they infer consent. as a non-profit organization, this will not be an issue. i fully intend to contact Lucas Films Inc. when the physical Temple breaks ground. as far as meetings in ur home towns, i have no control over this nor would i want it. there are MILLIONS of Jedi worldwide. what you determine as \"active\" is not quite the truth. long before i joined the TOTJO, or TOTJF, i was quite active in the community. even my kids are. i have been all my life. just because i wasnt posting here or any other Jedi site, why am i deemed \"inactive\"? the same applies to thousands accross the country. if there was a place to come for them, they would indeed visit and some would even stay to help me. as far as the money needed, well you would be amazed how generous the community can be when its tax-deductable. the only expenses to begin with would be the land, then the yearly taxes on the land. thats the only expenses that must happen. the rest can be figured out. like i said i can get many things donated if i just had the place to start it. what we discuss here, or on other sites is all well and good, however i will not be disuaded. i will build it no matter what. i must. most Jedi have only a few posessions. in this area, im not very Jedi-like, for you see, i am a pack-rat of the worst caliber. it comes from being a very POOR handy man/ construction/ computer repair/ artist /musician type of guy. i can see the value, the worth, the many applications for things. i have much in the way of things to use for this endeavor, just no cash on hand. these 2 issues are ones that my wife has had to endure and has caused many unfortunate circumstances in our lives. building this Temple is what it has all lead up to.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi