US election 2020 .

More
3 years 5 months ago #355987 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic US election 2020 .
The United States, and the rest of the world, cannot bare more division within itself. I am glad Biden and Harris got it. I feel sorry for what they have to endure to try to fix what has been broken.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, ZealotX

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #356009 by
Replied by on topic US election 2020 .
I do not believe in the American Way, as it stands in its current state. I believe that the idea of boiling it down to two people, and the same two parties every four years is pure lunacy. We have been doing this for some time now... Collectively succumbing to the false grandeur of the unconstitutional bipartisan system. Lead astray by centuries of secrets and lies.
Though we despair, there is hope.
Always hope. Maybe one day we will, as a people, make a conscious decision to move toward a greater good. Towards peace and justice. Towards righting wrongs and making amends. Towards truth and honesty. The next time you go into a voting booth or mail in ballot, consider this; what did their campaign ads say? A lot of mud slinging, name calling, and accusations? Probably not the type of people we want running a country, let alone the one we live in. Unfortunately, this is all we get to choose between. With that being noted, why has a Jedi not run for the office?
It would stand to reason that a Jedi would make a fine leader in today's world. Jedi or not, as a being of wisdom, taking the side of peace and life, I can come up with several ideas to help the people. Jedi are supposed to do the right thing. One of us should.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #356017 by
Replied by on topic US election 2020 .
It's certainly not the best way (two-party system). What I don't understand is those on the far-right or those on the far-left that believe their side holds all the virtue and has all the answers. Too bad you can't mix/match ideas without being considered a traitor to your party.

My political leanings don't line up with either party though I like principles and governmental ideas about both.

More
3 years 5 months ago #356020 by Diana W
Lead, not only that but the electoral college needs to go. And term limits need to be places on Senate, House, and Supreme Court. They are in there for life and keep the old ways running.

Journals:

― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: , OB1Shinobi

More
3 years 5 months ago #356022 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic US election 2020 .
I'm considering running for office

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, OB1Shinobi, ZealotX, Malicious, Diana W

More
3 years 5 months ago #356023 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic US election 2020 .
What office? What's your platform and elevator pitch for why you're the best choice?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #356026 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic US election 2020 .

Rosalyn J wrote: Well, here's hoping that who ever wins, some unity can be restored to our country. This disunity and division can be seen in the far reaches of society. We no longer seek a balance. One is either totally right or totally wrong. This is making it difficult to communicate and grow as a society and a nation.

The problem is that this is absolutely true but it is only people who lean to the left who feel this way. The Republican party does not care about unity except for when they lose. Do you think Mitch McConnell cares about unity? I think he puts a picture of Unity in his toilet every morning so that he can drop a big fat bomb on it. As a left leaning person, i feel like i am locked in a room with people who want to beat me to death and everyone who is supposed to be on my side keeps talking about being friendly. The cultists are still out there. They still hate immigrants, they still want their ethnostate, they still believe all the crazy Qanon BLLSHT and they can still VOTE. Republicans are still a party that will support a Donald Trump.

The amount of damage that Trump has done with his court appointees cannot be understated. America has been forced to inject disinfectant. In my opinion, left-leaning people should be less focused on unity and start being more focused on winning. You mentioned balance - i want balance in the Supreme Court! Its very possible that we will soon lose RvW and the Affordable Care Act.I dont want the left to pursue unity, i want justice. I want Trump to be investigated and have to face charges for any crimes that he is guilty of. I want to see Progressives win enough seats in the House and Senate to have a voice that the rest of the political world cant ignore, anymore.. I want the Democrats to do to Trumps legacy exactly what he has spent the last four years doing to Obama’s legacy: tear it right the hell down. I want America to send the message that people like Trump (you know, lying, narcissistic, sociopathic wannabe dictators) will never, ever, EVER be acceptable as American Presidents.

Am i going get what i want? Lol, I’ll go ask the Rolling Stones about that.

Im OB1Shinobi and I approve of this message :)

People are complicated.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 5 months ago #356028 by Diana W
I have LGBT and BLM and Coexist stickers on my car. I live in the Republican bible belt. I'm waiting for my windows to be busted in one day. I hear ya. And yes, Democrats are too forgiving. The right f things up, the left try to fix it. There is little progression.

Journals:

― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
3 years 5 months ago #356029 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic US election 2020 .
George W Bush's congratulatory letter to Biden is the sort of GOP solidarity which used to be more of the norm and to which we ought to aspire.

Respect should in no way be a partisan issue, and I fully support calling people out for their lack thereof. However, there are people like Malicious whose behavior isn't the demagoguery which plagues partisan politics. As such, I think it's important to use more nuance than to lump entire parties together in those respects.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Malicious

More
3 years 5 months ago #356031 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic US election 2020 .
Honestly I'm not mad that trump didn't get the office , the guy puts priorities first when negotiating but he negotiates poorly and without thinking about the other side or consequences of the actions he takes . Biden on the other hand isn't bold enough when it comes to the negotiation table or gives more than what he should , I think a balance of both policy types is what we need . But we are left with Biden which isn't bad most of the career politicians in the US and abroad knows about him or in some way or another has ties so he can get things done quicker than when trump first took office . I can't wait to see what president Biden will do , I just hope gas prices don't rise too like $4.75 a gallon again .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi