US election 2020 .

More
3 years 5 months ago #356034 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic US election 2020 .

I understand that there are a lot of people that do not like the way Trump speaks, his mannerisms and stuff that he says. That’s fine.
I don’t think the Biden / Harris ticket is going to have the outcome that so many voice they want to see.

If we want a more peaceful society then we have to demand better from the media and media platforms. One thing that people seem to not understand is that on platforms like Facebook and Twitter, those are not your pages. It is the platform’s page and you merely provide free content. They can do with it whatever they like.

The new clickbait is anger and division. The media uses all the tools at their disposal to get you to tune in and consume as much as they can force feed you. Read 1984 some time. The similarities between the dumbing down and changing of the language, constantly keeping the people divided and at each other’s throats… The presidential office cannot “fix” that. The office can supply less material to be used in an inflammatory manner. But there are only two parties that can change the mood of the country.

You… and the people feeding you what you seem to crave. :unsure:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #356036 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic US election 2020 .
I think the backbone of the Biden administration will be the people he surrounds himself with. My problems with Trump (as an individual not a party) were and are: he surrounded himself with yes-men; no one in his administration has a problem with kidnappings and caging children for months on end (this alone rages me. I do not forgive those who strip others of their Will, consciousness, and well being. I could write a book on this subject.); and his consistent lack of care for other living entities be they women, children, families, poor, ill, etc. Covid is a global issue, and he used it as a tool to further his agenda rather than take care of this country.

I vote for who I feel would do best for the country and its people. Not the party. There are good and bad on both sides.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Diana W. Reason: edit: I copied from my email last night. Removed email address info

More
3 years 5 months ago #356037 by Diana W
Wescli,

Media needs to keep people interested so they keep their jobs. I prefer unbiased news sites that include both sides and middle ground (NPR, for example).

Trump was a cornucopia every time he spoke or did/n't do something.

Journals:

― Albert Camus

More
3 years 5 months ago #356038 by Wescli Wardest

There is a difference between reporting on interesting topics and being inflammatory. Keeping people interested in the hopes of keeping their jobs does not excuse behavior. Perhaps you are familiar with the expression the ends do not justify the means.

In the last 25 to 30 years I would be hard pressed to identify or remember a news or media group that was unbiased. There are a couple that flat out tell you they have bias and this is there point of view. Which I have no issue with.

There is an interview with a few Asian people where they were asked what they thought of the news. They replied that they do not watch the news. When asked why they replied, and I am summarizing because I cannot remember it word for word, back home the state runs the media and so it is only what the state wants you to hear. Why would I listen to that?

Some people, maybe not you, like to be told what to think and what to believe. It’s simpler for them. And if that is the road they choose I don’t hold it against them. I just know what to expect them to say, reply and think. I read as much as I can from as many sources as I can, because they are all skewed. Then I go and research what they say and claim and try to find the truth. It is not always easy to find and is not always what one might expect. But eventually, if you are willing to spend the time to weed through the crap you can find out what actually happened. I also like to go back and see who voted for what. Tells me a lot more about what they are willing to do to get what they want then what they say does.

One mistake many make, in my opinion, is to assign motive. None of us are another person. So we can’t know motive. All we can know is what happened.

Of course everyone is allowed to make their minds up however they like. :)

More
3 years 5 months ago #356040 by Diana W

Wescli Wardest wrote:

In the last 25 to 30 years I would be hard pressed to identify or remember a news or media group that was unbiased. There are a couple that flat out tell you they have bias and this is there point of view. Which I have no issue with.

Some people, maybe not you, like to be told what to think and what to believe. It’s simpler for them.

I read as much as I can from as many sources as I can, because they are all skewed. Then I go and research what they say and claim and try to find the truth. It is not always easy to find and is not always what one might expect.

Allsides .com posts headlines from the left / right / and center (balanced). You read a news piece from all three perspectives and you can come to your own conclusions.

I am not that "some people". I have a self-preserving dislike of being told what to do, think, feel, or believe. And I don't put that onto others either. :)

Journals:

― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 5 months ago #356043 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic US election 2020 .

Rex wrote: What office? What's your platform and elevator pitch for why you're the best choice?

Not today, mind.

Im working on gathering resources to get more educated for any role in American politics
It may be several years before I choose an office to run for

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Rex, ZealotX

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #356044 by Wescli Wardest

dwagoonie,

I have never heard of that site before so I went to check it out.

Interesting. I wouldn’t call it the end all of info; but, to get the different sides of a story it looks (what I have looked over and read so far) to be pretty legit. (I am always skeptical of anything new, old, referred to, just found... ok, I am just always skeptical. Maybe jaded LOL :laugh: )

I still suggest people look into any information sited by any report and/or go look up the actual statistics and reported numbers for yourself before believing anything any media site or story gives.

Thank you for telling me about the site. It will save me time and headache I think. ;)

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #358369 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic US election 2020 .
I remember saying something along the lines of that the GOP has no sense of compromise and that they are kind of basically crazy and I dont want unity - i want
"the left" to win.

Now that the crazy of the GOP is even MORE obvious because of ... uh...you know.,.that thing.....does my opinion still seem so outrageous?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7hQvBIyOC6Y

People are complicated.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZealotX

More
3 years 1 month ago #359066 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic US election 2020 .
I think it is slightly unfair to blame the GOP for Jan6 but only because I feel like there are more people that need to share that blame and people who don't deserve it as well.

I believe that Q was a method of psychological hacking that exploited the beliefs of Christian conservatives in order to create power. Whoever could pose as Q basically had their own seat of power because they could direct thousands upon thousands of followers who were willing to take action. Q wasn't the GOP. Q just so happened to be a member of that party and the GOP quietly went along with it and let their party be exploited and manipulated because it worked in their favor.

There is always a segment of the population that is going to be very religous.
There is always a segment that is xenophobic and/or racist
There is always a segment that loves to own guns
There is always a segment that doesn't trust the government
There is always a segment that hates globalism and doesn't trust corporations
There is always a segment that hates and/or distrusts mega wealthy people

When you take all the different groups you can find the overlap by making them all afraid of something on the other side. Q people were made to think their survival was and is at stake and that children were in trouble. Whatever happened to Obama taking their guns? When that didn't happen none them said "oh that was a false prophecy that proves we were being lied to by our own party." No, the fact that the lies can continue was proof that people were just waiting to believe this stuff because they wanted to, and nothing else. So someone thought "hey, let me see what else I can get these fools to think?"

And they perfectly carried out a campaign of psychological warfare and the GOP is too scared to admit it because then they'd have to admit they went along with it; allowed it because it benefitted them.

And so it's left up to those who are on the border lines of the groups I mentioned above. It's up to them to pull themselves out of the overlapping conditions and see that they were simply useful idiots for someone else's agenda. Not trying to offend anyone. I say useful idiot only because that's what its called when a foreign government capitalizes on a person's ignorance and uses them without their knowing. And we have to be honest about this; honest that our own citizens can be victims.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi