US election 2020 .

More
3 years 4 months ago #355904 by Malicious
US election 2020 . was created by Malicious
2020 election topic .

As the results are coming in and ballots are being counted the race for office is at hand . I have voted , maybe you have voted if you would like to talk about it or share experiences you have had voting please do so here . Please don't be rude or criticize anyone on who they voted for what . Keep this a civil topic and try to stay on point .

So I went to vote on the third at our local community center that used to be a high school . The place only had three machines to vote on , it took a while to vote you had to wait in line for at least 2 hours . But I wanted to vote at my local voting center so I did . I didn't mind the wait I even met and talked to people I haven't seen in years it was fun .

I met this one little girl and her mother a navy veteran in line they were very nice . Her husband voted earlier that day while she was watching the other kids that they had . There are a lot of nice people you can meet apparently at these things . Apparently the girl liked pokemon and so did I , she had two golden pokemon cards and I have one so that was pretty cool .

Also I met a guy that used to be married to my aunt's daughter they are both over twice my age . I voted for Trump and for governor I voted for Rainwater but I forget the rest I picked for judges and others . So what about you guys ?

I know we don't really get political on here or have little topics on the matter so share what you want and don't be mean , call people out , criticize peoples choices , because we need to try and remain civil in these matters .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #355909 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic US election 2020 .
I used mail in ballot to cast. I filled out my ballot on 10/23 but didn't send it off until 10/31.

Im Ridin'with Biden and had a blue ticket all the way down, which I'm to understand is true for the majority of votes cast. Which is to say no split tickets. Either all blue or all red.

I was most concerned about the propositions. It was a mixed bag. Prop 22 passed, Rent control did not, Refranchizing individuals coming from prison passed, the removal of the cash bail system did not. Those were the ones I was looking out for

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Malicious, Diana W

More
3 years 4 months ago #355920 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic US election 2020 .
I voted by mail as soon as I got a ballot. I voted Biden and mostly Democrat, independent wherever they were running outside of the presidential race. Looking forward to the end of the constant stream of election news!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Malicious

More
3 years 4 months ago #355924 by Rosalyn J
Imagine how stressed. After a whirl wind Nov 3 I'm just checking in periodically

The cool thing about presidents is that they don't have all the power. The best way to exercise the power that we have as people is in local and state seats, which includes Congress.

I remember the first time I voted. '04 for Bush. It was pretty cool. I felt like an adult for the first time.

Now I guess the frustrating thing is feeling responsible for what is actually happening

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Malicious, Diana W

More
3 years 4 months ago #355931 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic US election 2020 .
So I voted in person on the third. I had been dreading it for awhile as I didn’t know how I was going to vote. If I’m being honest, I wasn’t sure until I had my ballot in my hand. Being former military, raised in a very red state, I typically vote republican down the line. Exception to that being that I voted for Obama twice. I did vote for trump 4 years ago, but I couldn’t do it again this year. I have concerns about Biden, but far less than I do currently about trump. Mabye that would be different if somone deleted his Twitter account. Looking forward to an election when I don’t feel like I’m choosing the lessor of two evils.

Rosalyn J for president 2024

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #355954 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic US election 2020 .
It is looking like Don the Con is finally gone. It seems that Mr Bone Spurs has been given his eviction notice. I sure do hope so. The Trump cult can scream “no collusion” until their faces turn blue but every single intelligence network in USA agrees that Putin helped Trump get elected. As far as i am concerned, Trump is a literal traitor to this country because of how he has acted towards Russia and Putin helping him win and putting bounties on the lives of American military. Trump is a traitor who accuses other people of treachery. I am so glad this SOB is about to be ejected. By his own words he only respects soldiers who didnt die or get captured. The rest are “suckers” and “losers”. Republicans consider themselves the party of patriotism but they cow-towed to Trump lol. Hypocrites, all of them.

It is amazing to me when a person can say something as utterly stupid as “windmills cause cancer” and still have a cult following. “Dubya” made me realize that there are a lot of morons in America but the Trump era has damn near broken my heart. We (Americans) are the recipients of a society where there is a huge segment of the population which is either so stupid and gullible that it believes totally outrageous lies (as long as theyre coming from someone on their side) or is willing to go along with outrageous lies because they want to win at any cost. This is what we are turning into. A country where truth is completely irrelevant and logic means nothing. That is not going to be a good place to live in, once it finally catches up with us. Even though we got rid of the orangutan god, he wont be the last of his kind and i truly fear for our future.

I dont agree with every point in the video but i support the over-arching message. Trump is a symptom of a system that has been going off the rails for a long time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hESLPB3FiyY&t=1s

People are complicated.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #355963 by Rosalyn J
Well, here's hoping that who ever wins, some unity can be restored to our country. This disunity and division can be seen in the far reaches of society. We no longer seek a balance. One is either totally right or totally wrong. This is making it difficult to communicate and grow as a society and a nation.

For the record, I don't subscribe to any party. I vote based on my interest and the interest of the people I value as friends. I think most people do.

I don't think people just vote Willy nilly, but maybe we do. I'm not always informed when I got to the polls. Getting all the info is overwhelming. I try my best to judge people according to what they do. And I observe

Anyhow I found this long form article:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2004/08/30/the-unpolitical-animal/amp

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Diana W

More
3 years 4 months ago #355969 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic US election 2020 .
I did the mail-in ballot. I'm in a red state and people here don't believe in masks unless they absolutely have to. So for safety reasons, I mailed mine in.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
3 years 4 months ago #355970 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic US election 2020 .
*am suddenly happier*

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 4 months ago #355981 by
Replied by on topic US election 2020 .

dwagoonie wrote: *am suddenly happier*

I have some very happy people around me, and very angry people around me, lol.

I'm a registered Independent, but I voted for Biden. I feel like he's a better choice to lead the U.S. right now. I hope the vitriolic anger dissipates soon and there is a peaceful transfer of power that doesn't encourage an enlistment to arms from the far right.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi