Force Powers

More
4 years 3 months ago #346508 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Force Powers
Speaking to the hypothetical if there was a service requirement for some arbitrary rank bar here, yeah.
I wouldn't say everything we do is selfish. The vast majority of it might be, but we're not all Ayn Rand.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346509 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
Gotta get me some o' them TOTJO Clouds :D

I'm only joking.

Now, concerning service. That's been a back/forward thing. Similar to christiandom's debate on works
Paul and James have different ideals. It's understood that one does no work FOR salvation, but the gifts of the spirit are for the edification of the church.

In like manner, no one does work to be seen as a Jedi, but a connection to the Force primes one towards acts of service

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi, Rex

More
4 years 3 months ago #346532 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Force Powers
This thread reminds me of a story:
I went fishing with a guy named Red. He was a Cat-fisherman. He breathed like the sound of the river. This dude was real. We got rope and hooks and a sane and a boat. The Smallest boat you ever saw- enough for one kid really. We used it to put fish off the lines we set. My then wife said “ your gunna need a bigger boat if you go with Red.” Long street shot this man during the trip “noodled “ the biggest fish I had ever layer eyes on. That was Reds thing- knuckle dragging catfish to the shore- but yet it was so big it didn’t fit in the boat. Red ties it to a rope and says here we go and drops it attached to his denim overalls. What happen next was amazing as I watch man VS fish for 20 good minutes as Red splashed and swore at this huge 75 pound catfish. After that - we were done. It took us 1 hr to catch what we needed. Red said we would have been home sooner if we had the right boat.

Service logs and journals are for our selfs. Most of what we do here is self’s reflective and at our own pace ( kinna like learning) so really works can be something to help or harm like any tool. A light saber can be used to defend or chop a arm off- depends on who’s wielding it- same can be said for records and logs of such things. They are tools for others to use - if they want. There is literally a lot of resources here and things available - any one can create their own individual ministry’s ( actual ones) and create anything they like. Here or in the real world. It’s all in THAT individuals direction and motion. The human potential lives in every single one of us and it is that - that can guide us to our questions sometimes. When family calls me for problems or family - is that a Force power? Is knowing when to speak and not to speak a Force power? How about experience in ceartsin subjects? Is that considered Force power? Is mingling considered Force power? Is being an orator or a gr ewww t public speaker a force power? These are my questions. I have them for myself - I may be alone sometimes but that’s ok too. Why do I need “powers”? For what I’m my real world? When I began my Modern day Jediism- I was hoping to force choke a few people in my life or at least put some fear in a few. Turns out - when I became calm and began to work on me inside -my road rage disappeared and as did a few reasons for “powers” I thought. Power can often be something we arnt used to. Magic or not. First thing my teacher said when he was teaching me the sword was to strengthen inside first. With any form of power or as such I would always encroached those who seek it out this - power often needs a bit bigger vessel -be smart. Have a place to fit what your looking for.

As Red always told me :

Make sure you got a big enough boat to carry what ya find. If ya don’t - expect a struggle expect a fight but expect to not be home
On time.

Same can be said for power. What do you really need and what ya seek and what ya get can be 3 entirely different things. Jedi are smart. Be smart.
May the Force be with us all.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #352181 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
I know this is an old post And some of the people that made comments and gave input
Were banned or no longer participate here.

I've had a few months to reflect on many things
1)
The 1st is I originally came to this site to find
a teacher that could help me grow and control myself.

Now I realize after losing all my friends and someone I cared about.
I have not been a good listener our student.
And I'm sure that's why the teacher did not appear because I was not ready to listen or hear.

I guess part of it is because my whole life I have been hiding and scared of what is truly inside of me.

And i was trying to come out .......and some how feel like I wasn't this strange oddball freak
That never would fit into this world.

This is a great site you have a lot of people here with different backgrounds like a melting pot we all can learn and grow from each other.

And I have to apologize to everyone for not being as open minded to everyone here as I should have.

I'm starting to understand why someone would want to live in the middle of the desert or on a deserted island in complete solitude
Once again I apologize to everyone on the site

More
3 years 10 months ago #352185 by jedijoshuabe
Replied by jedijoshuabe on topic Force Powers
You know this life has a winding pathway for each of us. Only by going through each fire can we come out the other side with better understanding and stronger commitment to ourselves and our own paths.

Blessings

~~May the Force be with You
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
3 years 10 months ago #352187 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Force Powers

Only by going through each fire can we come out the other side with better understanding and stronger commitment to ourselves and our own paths.

Either that or you can come out a wreck, held together by poor thinking, bad habits, and vice - a continuing danger to yourself and others.

More
3 years 10 months ago #352199 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
Well Campbell talks about this in the first interview with Moyers.

The first stage in the hero adventure, when he starts off on adventure, is leaving the realm of light, which he controls and knows about. and moving toward the threshold. And it’s a
t the threshold that the monster of the abyss comes to meet him. And then there are two or three results: one, the hero is cut to pieces and descends into the abyss in fragments, to be resurrected; or he may kill the dragon power, as Siegfried does when he kills the dragon. But then he tastes the dragon blood, that is to say, he has to assimilate that power. And when Siegfried has killed the dragon and tasted the blood, he hears the song of nature; he has transcended his humanity, you know, and reassociated himself with the powers of nature, which are the powers of our life, from which our mind removes us.

Even if one is devoured one can can be ressurected from the abyss

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #352203 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Powers
I dont know what problems forceuser has had with other people but for my part, I dont see a fire, here. I see the credibility of a person who claims to be able to move objects with his mind being questioned. Before the coronavirus wrecked everything I made a public promise to this guy that I was willing to fly out to wherever he is and if he could demonstrate his magic, that i would come back here and testify to the fact that he can really do what he says he can do. He PM’d me and Im not going to reveal the contents of a private discussion but needless to say, he did not take me up on my offer.

Ok. How about a video, then? Its not difficult to record on a smartphone and its not difficult to upload to youtube. You can even upload it as private so that you can control who gets to see it.. forceuser always speaks very politely and is very “olive branch-iss” but he also claims to basically be a wizard. Asking him for evidence is not the same thing as subjecting him to some tragic ordeal.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #352261 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
I am here to only find a little direction and to find peace in my mind.
I asked a Question a few years back and the answer that was given to me was to understand love.
and you will have the answer to all your questions in the universe as to why
So that is my quest right now and also to come to a grasp or understanding of why I have been able to do And see so many crazy things and my life that no one believes is possible.

So I totally understand What you were asking
OB1.
To prove it ........
If the shoes were where were reversed and I were you and I grew up believing these things were possible but yet was disappointed because I was unable to do it or had not been blessed with it right away and unable to see anyone else do it I would have become disappointed also.

I did give you all the information you needed to do-it-yourself in a pm but you just continued to mock me . I understand what you're feeling and Saying I'm sure most people would 100% agree with you.

Its just right now we are on different paths in life my friend.
I do know you will find what you're looking for.
And I'm too old to be playing or pretending to do parlor tricks for people.

It's much easier for me to accept everyone calling me a liar and a crazy old man.

I am neither a teacher or a master only someone who is seeking more knowledge

More
3 years 10 months ago #352279 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Force Powers

forceuser wrote: And I'm too old to be playing or pretending to do parlor tricks for people.

It's much easier for me to accept everyone calling me a liar and a crazy old man.

I am neither a teacher or a master only someone who is seeking more knowledge

In fairness, I for one don't recall anyone calling you crazy (yet). A liar, maybe, but that may or may not have been because you are making such an effort to sound like one. I mean, just listen to yourself:

"I have witnessed or expressed powers that on the face of it would seem to conflict with some or all of our basic understanding of how things work."
"Oh, cool! Can you show us, please?"
"Naah, can't be bothered. But you don't need to believe me either. You can just go ahead and mock me instead, too."

You are not being harshly scrutinized even. With all due love and respect, OB1 is just one person and as you say, there may well be a mere simple parlor trick just good enough to fool him (although I have my doubts about that). There may be one good enough to fool me, too. Nobody is wholly immune to trickery, and there may well be tricks that'd fool us both. OB even suggested you to make a video recording, and in a thread where we had dissected one earlier, too! Nobody is asking you to withstand a jury trial here, all we ask is something to go on beyond cries of undue bullying.

In many cultures there seems to be some unspoken respect for this "something one grew up believing". In the same breath some would even speak of beliefs being a matter of choice, where the unbeliever "chooses" not to adopt the one in question out of their own volition, and also as ingrained since childhood and an inseparable part of the believer's identity they are quite unable to "choose" to give up either. Yes, it is much easier to play the victim, to pretend like one is being called names, dismissed, even persecuted by meanies to whom naught is holy, and to "lay oneself open to these attackers" in hopes of sympathy as a substitute for substance. It is certainly easier than to make any effort whatsoever to show that one is being sincere, let alone honest with oneself and others.

I forget if you were called a liar, or by whom (I might well have been among them), or when that last happened, because even at best doing that would have been an emotional appeal rather than any kind of substantive argument in its own right. But you are going quite out of your way to invite that, too, so how is one to feel about your subsequent calling out that "injustice"?

It is indeed the easiest thing to just walk away from a conversation (one has to wonder why even come into one in the first place, if one was not willing to have a meaningful exchange). Somewhat harder would be making any kind of attempt to motivate one's own beliefs beyond "I always had them and - trust me - totally justified". A lot harder still would be to definitively show that everybody else's understanding about nature is completely wrong because it turns out it obeys magical people after all. But the hardest thing of them all would be to question oneself; to come to sincerely doubt and re-evaluate, whether a long cherished belief one clings to is actually reflective of how things are and if one is genuinely better off making choices with it in mind than without.

Doubting oneself - never even mind admitting one's own past wrongness and correcting it - is indeed hard, and that may be a major reason why so few do it. But it is the adult thing to do, and we all have done it with many, many silly beliefs we used to ahve in our respective childhoods. Holding on to them is stopping, restricting, restraining (not to say retarding) oneself from learning, and from growing up.

And maybe in some respects that is fine, too. Don't get me wrong, nobody is trying to take your precious beliefs away from you. If anything, we are asking about intellectually sound ways to come to adopt them ourselves. Maybe we don't have to grow up completely, maybe we don't have to learn, or to even be curious about some things. Maybe there can be good reasons to select ignorance in place of knowledge. That is certainly a discussion far from settled and one too seldom had as well. I for one would just caution against thinking oneself much of a seeker of knowledge, if resisting sharing - or indeed obtaining - any is something one is happy to openly and deliberately do.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi