Can A Jedi be in the military?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347361 by
This is something that I have been wondering since I found out about this religion. Jedi are supposed to be the guardians of peace. By this logic, is it possible for a Jedi to be in the military? If they can be, are there certain jobs that a Jedi should do? For example, I want to be a Naval intelligence officer. This is a job that doesn't involve direct combat. Is this a peaceful job that would be good for someone of the Jedi faith? I'm interested to see what other people think!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #347362 by steamboat28
Some bring peace by perpetuating existing peace. Some bring peace by forging a new one out of conflict.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #347363 by Malicious
Yes Jedi can be in the military , actually one of the leading members of the clergy pastor Carlos Martinez was a member of the military . There are many Jedi here that are either in the military or are veterans . For your dog tags you can even have your official religion as Jedi . Whatever job you want to do , do it . You can have any job and still be a Jedi . If you feel like the naval intelligence officer is the job you want then go for it . Don't let anyone tell you what to do unless of course it's unlawful then don't do it . We as a temple don't have a rule saying what job you have to have .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347365 by
Replied by on topic Can A Jedi be in the military?
That's actually really cool that I can get Jedi on my dog tags! Thanks for the reply!

More
4 years 4 months ago #347366 by JamesSand
My limited understanding of the military is that for the most part you don't make too many of your own decisions - so you'd have to reconcile the decisions of your government (or however your military works) against your beliefs.

Are you willing to serve your nation, willing to trust that what your nation decides to do with your skills and resources is for the best?

More
4 years 4 months ago #347370 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Can A Jedi be in the military?

pcook1998 wrote: This is something that I have been wondering since I found out about this religion. Jedi are supposed to be the guardians of peace. By this logic, is it possible for a Jedi to be in the military?

Yes. the primary purpose of a nation's military is to guard peace.

pcook1998 wrote: If they can be, are there certain jobs that a Jedi should do? For example, I want to be a Naval intelligence officer. This is a job that doesn't involve direct combat. Is this a peaceful job that would be good for someone of the Jedi faith? I'm interested to see what other people think!

Even the positions that demand direct combat are suited for Jedi.

The military already does a very good job of fostering values that are very important to most Jedi: discipline, sacrifice, honor, defense, etc. If you can use your "Jedi-ism" to further integrate these values as a spiritual practice, then awesome.

If I could go back in time, I would've liked to serve some time in the military.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
4 years 4 months ago #347382 by Carlos.Martinez3
Moder day Jedi can do as they choose. For me -that label is added to add flavor , rarely take away. Jokingly -like mushrooms - I’ve rarely added mushrooms and had more flavor- lol Some people treat modern day Jediism like edible fungus when others use it like the egg.. great anywhere in any plate. Something to think about

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi