Doctrine proposal on defining the force .

More
4 years 3 months ago #346558 by Malicious
I have been given the wonderful opportunity by the Creator of this doc to be able to post this . And we would like as many people to vote as possible ! The poll is on a Google doc and I would like to keep it that way so we will have an accurate count on the matter , so I won't be creating a new poll on the poll part of the forum . Here is the link ///////. https://forms.gle/UwrnFrAZkD3WvrY2A

Please only vote once per person !

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Leah Starspectre, ZealotX, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346559 by steamboat28
Forgetting for a moment that this post is about a poll using a prefabricated and limited definition of the Force, defining it isn't necessarily the best thing we could do.

Have I pushed for a working definition often in the past? Yes, but only at the org level, leaving everyone's personal interpretation up to the individual. Are there more important matters here? You bet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346561 by
Steam, where is your working definition now? What are these more important matters and how would you like them addressed?

I have noticed something about your approach to everything. You complain a lot but never provide alternatives or solutions. You have done this with me and I have had to force things out of you. Now I'm seeing you do it to others.

If you want change, you have to be that change and you have to follow through. That is the real work. What you are doing here is not real work, it's just whining that everyone but you is messed up. But guess what, it's not everyone else... it's you my friend.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346563 by steamboat28

Fyxe wrote: What you are doing here is not real work, it's just whining that everyone but you is messed up. But guess what, it's not everyone else... it's you my friend.

I'll let the rest of the Temple speak for whatever work they think I have or haven't done over the eleven years my account has been active here. Many of them will agree with you. Many may not.

The truth of the matter is that you aren't unlike me at all. We're very similar; during the earliest phases of my journey here, I was incendiary. I jumped to conclusions. I fought everyone for literally no good reason. I crowed loud and long, and railed against anyone who disagreed with me.

Just.
Like.
You.

So, knowing that, you have a choice ahead of you. You can learn the hard way, like I did, and waste years here trying to convince everyone of how wrong they are.

Or, you can listen more intently to what people are saying instead of arguing with what you assume they're saying.

The choice is yours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex, ZealotX, Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346564 by
Maybe and maybe not. But it does not matter what I do. This was about you and your just deflecting it back on me. What I see in you might be something I am recognizing in myself. However the question. Remains, can you see what your doing wrong as a Knight and can you correct your course? Be an example of greatness for me?

More
4 years 3 months ago #346565 by Adder
I like to be guided by etymology more then popular usage, so:
from dē + fīniō (“set a limit, bound, end”)

Seems unusual to set limits on something defined as so limitless.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Alexandre Orion, J. K. Barger

More
4 years 3 months ago #346567 by Malicious
Steamboat28 and fyxe please stop bickering , both of you need to learn a lesson on agree to disagree and stop there . You may not know it but both of your arguments are going past what goals you are trying to prove . I may not be the admins for this post but it is still my post . I put this here so people could find easily . If you two just want to argue amongst yourselves then by all means do it but not on my post ! I created this post so Alethea Thompson's poll would get more feedback from the greater community not so people can argue and spout hate of one another . Fyxe and steamboat you both need to learn a lesson on self restraint . If you have concerns on the words of this poll then so be it you don't have to vote or just vote for what makes the most sense to you .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ZealotX, Jake Nislan

More
4 years 3 months ago #346569 by steamboat28
You have a point, Malicious. I'll stay out of your discussions in the future and let you young pups work it all out for yourselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 3 months ago #346570 by Malicious

steamboat28 wrote: You have a point, Malicious. I'll stay out of your discussions in the future and let you young pups work it all out for yourselves.

That is not what I was getting at I like when you comment in no way was I meaning for you not to comment on my discussions I was just trying to say that i have seen you and fyxe arguing in other post and it got a little heated . You have every right to comment and I am not trying to make you not to but I am asking that you and fyxe refrain from arguing , you may comment but all I ask is that you try not to argue .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

More
4 years 3 months ago #346572 by Leah Starspectre
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, OB1Shinobi, Malicious

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi