Hairstyles

More
4 years 7 months ago #343196 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Hairstyles
Dude that's dope, all of us have a history and Native Americans is seldom heard from the mouth in white main stream culture. So, how does the alphabet translate to English, are there similar sets of vowels or sound? If you are willing to share what you know at anytime man please do. I know I could research more, I took a good class on it in college but to be honest, I would rather have a good conversation.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #343197 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Hairstyles
I had locks for 7 years. I miss them :(

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
4 years 7 months ago #343199 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Hairstyles
Grow them back? It's always worth a try :)

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
4 years 7 months ago #343200 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Hairstyles
Gotta get money, honey

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343202 by
Replied by on topic Hairstyles
Ya know the crazy thing is there is not enough information on the internet about it really either which is really strange but yea I never learned to use my ancestors alphabet extensively but its much shorter than English spelled words like a few letters can form a whole sentence which in English would be way longer because our language originally didn't have words like "but" "and" "by" etc. & the lettering is more complicated to write. I really just learned to speak a little of it. I think there are probably 20 thousand people left who can still speak it & write in our alphabet. Most of us just know a little bit. We have our own government that still operates within the united states & we get free medical care from the federal government of we are tribal members but we don't get money or land that was all given over 120 years ago to very few & we still pay taxes like every other American. Most people think we all get tribal money but that is far from the truth lol. However I grew up outside of all that. I'm the only one in my family for 2 generations who can speak the language somewhat & actually knows quite a bit since my great grandfather who left us. Only reason i do is growing up where i did I grew up with a white mother when my parents seperated she got custody of us because my father was a bit like my great grandfather when it came to alcohol & being violent lol indians are pretty mean when they drink. So we moved to Kansas and I learned about my culture through a program there for indigenous children which was dope. Then I continued to move around my whole life & lost touch with a lot of Indians but i still keep my traditions going somewhat & plan on passing down what I know to my children someday. Its a dying culture so a lot of the time white men will misinterpret it trying to remember my ancestors through random chants that mean nothing & seem kinda racist because of that lol even though their intentions are good they are destroying whats left of a culture. But when they do it correctly through actual chants with real words other Indians enjoy it because the culture is then being shared and passed on no matter what race its passed down through as long as its passed down correctly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343206 by
I keep my hair shoulder length, with an undercut. The undercut is on the back of my head, from just behind one ear to the other, and down to the neck.
I've thought about braiding occasionally, I know how to braid my own hair, but mostly I let it hang loose or tie it like a top knot.
I've been watching the dark crystal series on Netflix, and even with the danger of getting snagged on my piercings, I've toyed with the idea of growing my hair long enough to braid AROUND my ears, like some of the Gelflings do :P
Long hair and braids are included in my ancestral background, being mostly Irish. The 3 strand or "trinity" braid is said to be culturally significant, as many Celts were purported to follow at least one goddess who was part of a Trinity.
I can't speak to other parts of my background, Irish was given priority over everything else.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343207 by
If you think you'd enjoy it go for it man won't know till ya try it

More
4 years 7 months ago #343243 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Hairstyles

Kobos wrote: Dude that's dope, all of us have a history and Native Americans is seldom heard from the mouth in white main stream culture. So, how does the alphabet translate to English, are there similar sets of vowels or sound? If you are willing to share what you know at anytime man please do. I know I could research more, I took a good class on it in college but to be honest, I would rather have a good conversation.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

I wish there was a whole lot more Native American culture out there. I feel like the movie Avatar kind of spoke to some of those cultural elements in a really good way and kind of turned the question of savage and superior around and made it about behavior. I also thought it was interesting how they (since we're talking about hair) used hair as a symbol of the people's connection with their environment.

Samson's hair, too, was a symbol of his connection with his God. I think it's beneficial for everyone to have something that symbolizes, for them, that connection; whether its to their God, to nature, or to the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

More
4 years 7 months ago #343246 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Hairstyles
My hair.
I’m mixed as far as back rounds concerned. So truthfully to meet you at that road - I’m there boss. There’s a part of me and my family from Mexico - dirt floors and wood stoves and the other half from some large island where pineapples grow.
Being me -I have this part of my path I’ll share with you ...
My hair.
I’m originally from Texas. Yup y’all and football .
There came a time in my life I began to remove a lot of my own labels for things. I used to call it my “Teja- know “ from the actual word Tejano
- person from Texas. So it was the manners that drove me to bring my Texas out. Turns out people have manners. In my circles , fear or forgetfulness - a simple yes mam’ or door open moved mountains... still does. Now - I said all that to say this ... my hair is long. Mid back and it’s kept there, same for my learners braid. I find more people are open to me and remember more manners at times - I don’t wanna say it’s because of hair or a idea but... my connection exist because of so many things some days - my hair may be a small part of many reasons that can exist!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343251 by
Very interesting Carlos I'm sure it does. I find men with longer hair to be more trustable than men with conservative hair cuts. It gives them a more laid back trusting vibe & I'm less likely to withhold certain information from them than I would towards someone who a flattop soldier haircut who might come off as uptight & unopen. Many men who have military cuts i distrust they come off as people not who have their glass half full or half empty but as if they're glass is turned upside down where they are not open to embracing new ideas. Of course this is only my personal outlook & vibe i receive which comes from my own personal intuition.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi