Hairstyles

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343253 by
Replied by on topic Hairstyles
My hair is dark brown and comes down to mid shoulder blades and grows in big loose curls so it gets unruly with fly aways or just working out of whatever I try to do with it. I mostly let it to it's own thing (but I take care of it). It reminds me that no matter how much control we feel we have over something often times it's just us fooling ourselves. As Leah said to Tarkin "The more you tighten your grip, the more systems will slip through your fingers". I find that to be true with most things in life. Not everything can be controlled and if you try to force it to much it all comes undone.

I don't have any customs from my family for hair. But my hair is very different from the rest of my family's anyways. It drives my mother nuts. Everyone has strait hair and is blond except supposedly (I've never met him) my father who had black hair but it still straight. I believe in finding the little lessons in life and my hair's unruliness was no exception.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343254 by
It is good to find your own reasons for your style & it is brave to wear it how you please without caring of others judgement. A lot of people will wear their hair or anything in general based on what others will think of them. It takes bravery to do things for yourself to dress for yourself to do what you have a passion for for yourself to not conform & do what everyone else does is a very brave thing. Shameless self expression can be a freeing thing in a human beings life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343255 by

RaisedFromWolves wrote: It is good to find your own reasons for your style & it is brave to wear it how you please without caring of others judgement. A lot of people will wear their hair or anything in general based on what others will think of them. It takes bravery to do things for yourself to dress for yourself to do what you have a passion for for yourself to not conform & do what everyone else does is a very brave thing. Shameless self expression can be a freeing thing in a human beings life.

That reminds me, when I was in the 2nd grade I had a bushy, limp Mohawk :P

More
4 years 7 months ago #343264 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Hairstyles
The differences in ideas, culture, and reasons is beautiful here! I thank you RaisedFromWolves. I think this is an example of the little discussions we should be having. So much grows from simple roots.

Thank you!

Much Love, Peace, and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343283 by

Kelrax Lorcken wrote: I keep my hair shoulder length, with an undercut. The undercut is on the back of my head, from just behind one ear to the other, and down to the neck.
I've thought about braiding occasionally, I know how to braid my own hair, but mostly I let it hang loose or tie it like a top knot.
I've been watching the dark crystal series on Netflix, and even with the danger of getting snagged on my piercings, I've toyed with the idea of growing my hair long enough to braid AROUND my ears, like some of the Gelflings do :P
Long hair and braids are included in my ancestral background, being mostly Irish. The 3 strand or "trinity" braid is said to be culturally significant, as many Celts were purported to follow at least one goddess who was part of a Trinity.
I can't speak to other parts of my background, Irish was given priority over everything else.

Update: because my ears don't stick out like that, I have found that I cannot do a "gelfling braid", but, I have found I can put a good Jedi braid behind my ear!
Attachments:

More
4 years 7 months ago #343284 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Hairstyles

RaisedFromWolves wrote: Very interesting Carlos I'm sure it does. I find men with longer hair to be more trustable than men with conservative hair cuts. It gives them a more laid back trusting vibe & I'm less likely to withhold certain information from them than I would towards someone who a flattop soldier haircut who might come off as uptight & unopen. Many men who have military cuts i distrust they come off as people not who have their glass half full or half empty but as if they're glass is turned upside down where they are not open to embracing new ideas. Of course this is only my personal outlook & vibe i receive which comes from my own personal intuition.

Ouch. Not that I have a flattop or Hitler hairdo, but wow that's a lot to assume based on such an ephemeral trait. I'd think you of all people would see that hair can be (but isn't necessarily) a personal expression, and try to understand the meaning behind a haircut regardless of how different it may be from yours (almost as if to not turn your own glass "upside down"). I doubt you make assumptions based solely on haircuts, but still.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343286 by
Lol nah i dont base my judgement off hair alone they have to have the uptight attitude with it

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343287 by
Lol long hair isnt for everyone but I simply find people with long hair to be more approachable in my opinion this is simply a personal opinion

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi