Special Needs Society

More
28 Aug 2019 03:11 #342583 by Phoenix Vidensia

Lukezilla wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Deimos wrote: I am aware my English was shit, but my point was that they are merely saying, or at least some, that you are being hypocritical. You criticize this, for lack of better term, "needs culture", but then seemingly get offended when you are criticized for your views. Because of this, it seems you "need" people to accept your view without criticism, effectively making you part of the culture you seem to be against. Correct me if I'm wrong by all means but that's what I see at this current moment.


You're kidding, right? Yes, I'm being criticized for my views. Do you know what? People are allowed to disagree. Do I need to like the commentary? NO! However, I also don't have to sit back and say nothing, do I?



You seem to have a lot of aggression in you and even more opinions. The second part is fantastic. But if you're not here to learn or to as least listen to other opinions (If you recall, I agreed with your OP) Then why are you here?


1. Aggression comes with the territory.

2. I enjoy discussion. I also enjoy the conflict discussion brings. I enjoy growing from that conflict. I enjoy networking. Sufficient for you?

... Meh ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:14 #342584 by Lukezilla
Replied by Lukezilla on topic Special Needs Society
I haven't seen any discussion from you, just aggression against anyone who has respectfully disagreed with you. This doesn't allow for the two other things you mentioned being growing or networking.




Cad é sinn don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:15 #342585 by Phoenix Vidensia

Lukezilla wrote: I haven't seen any discussion from you, just aggression against anyone who has respectfully disagreed with you. This doesn't allow for the two other things you mentioned being growing or networking.


1. See the OP. There, discussion. See other threads. Those also are discussions.

2. I've grown and I've networked. I'm not seeing your point here.

... Meh ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:17 - 28 Aug 2019 03:18 #342586 by Deimos
Replied by Deimos on topic Special Needs Society
You are very correct in that regard, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. I was merely stating what I saw, admittedly making an ass out of myself, but I do have a legit question. What is so wrong with this Special Needs Society, as you put it, if it doesn't disadvantage the, if you will, "normal" kids?

-Dei'mos
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 03:18 by Deimos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:18 #342587 by Kelrax Lorcken
2. I enjoy discussion. I also enjoy the conflict discussion brings. I enjoy growing from that conflict. I enjoy networking. Sufficient for you?[/quote]

your "logic" never ceases to confuse me... what definition of growth are you working from? my first assumption, in this context, is difficult to believe, since every discussion or debate you start doesn't result in you expanding your knowledge/perspective in regards to the former, and for the latter you always exit the debate with your opinions in tact, which is fine if you never intend to change your mind, but that's kind of the opposite of growth, in this context.

Kelrax "Stormcaller" Lorcken, Jedi Navigator
May The Force Guide You
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Jo...-stormcaller?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:19 #342588 by Lukezilla
Replied by Lukezilla on topic Special Needs Society
My point is that you seem to reject all criticism and lash out at those who give it. People don't grow unless they can accept constructive criticism. Ego gets in the way of personal growth.




Cad é sinn don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:19 #342589 by Phoenix Vidensia

Deimos wrote: You are very correct in that regard, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. I was merely stating what I saw, admittedly making an ass out of myself, but I do have a legit question. What is so wrong with this Special Needs Society, as you put it, if it doesn't disadvantage the, if you will, "normal" kids?


Did you read the OP at all? Seriously?


... Meh ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:21 #342590 by Phoenix Vidensia

Kelrax Lorcken wrote: 2. I enjoy discussion. I also enjoy the conflict discussion brings. I enjoy growing from that conflict. I enjoy networking. Sufficient for you?


your "logic" never ceases to confuse me... what definition of growth are you working from? my first assumption, in this context, is difficult to believe, since every discussion or debate you start doesn't result in you expanding your knowledge/perspective in regards to the former, and for the latter you always exit the debate with your opinions in tact, which is fine if you never intend to change your mind, but that's kind of the opposite of growth, in this context.[/quote]

1. Do you have only one understanding of growth? If so, consider updating it.
I grow in myself. I gain greater understanding of myself. I experience myself as I express myself.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:23 #342592 by Phoenix Vidensia

Lukezilla wrote: My point is that you seem to reject all criticism and lash out at those who give it. People don't grow unless they can accept constructive criticism. Ego gets in the way of personal growth.


1. You have a narrow understanding of growth then.

2. I don't view ego to be a stumbling block. I believe a fully realized ego is desirable, least in my walk.

... Meh ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 03:25 #342594 by Lukezilla
Replied by Lukezilla on topic Special Needs Society
Then I ask again, respectfully, why are you here? If you're not willing to consider other points of view, then what do you have to gain here?




Cad é sinn don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick