Special Needs Society

More
28 Aug 2019 14:24 #342639 by Phoenix Vidensia

ZealotX wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:
I'll give you an experience of mine... I was that kid who wasn't allowed sugar. "ADHD" they said. The type the school gives you pills for when they can't deal with your behavioural quirks. So, when it was ice cream day, I wasn't allowed any. I had to watch all the other kids enjoying ice cream, while I wondered how anyone could be so cruel. That's how it was and that's how it should be. Sure, it wasn't fair but neither is life. It wasn't up to the school to bend to my needs, it was my problem and my parent's problem. I dealt with it.

It's as if people are so obsessed with making "specials" feel included and accepted, they have transformed society into one giant special needs classroom.


Wow... While I hate making a point that gets into someone's personal experience (because it always runs the risk of being taken personally), it was NOT giving you ice cream that was the "special treatment". And you're basically saying, that's how it should have been because life wasn't fair (to you). But they made a special exception for you. It would have been easier for them to give you ice cream like everyone else. Someone had to remember and keep track of the fact that you were different from other kids and modify their own behavior in a way that had almost nothing to do with their job description.

And it wasn't simply so they didn't have to deal with your outbursts but also the fact that you couldn't learn as well if you were hyped up on sugar. And other children wouldn't be able to learn as well if you were disturbing the class. And other kids may not have understood your special need or cared that sugar made you react differently. And maybe, just maybe, they would have judged you harshly and not wanted to be around you. So by giving you special treatment they made your life and the lives of the other kids around you better, instead of making you stay home, not get an education or be forced to be home schooled.

When I was in school ADHD wasn't really 'a thing'. Kids who acted up in school simply got in trouble. They may have been sent to the principle's office or given detention, had to write sentences, etc. But punished; for being different. But why should you be punished simply for having a different brain? or different skin? or different gender identity? Why should you be punished for the way you were born? Why should you be punished for a choice you never had?


Interesting points, though some are just ridiculous, so I excluded them.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 16:03 #342643 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Special Needs Society

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:
Interesting points, though some are just ridiculous, so I excluded them.


I was obviously being ridiculous on purpose for a reason.

Everything is relative, not absolute. I know Sith may not see it that way. Who we think is "special" is also relative. How special that treatment is, is relative. Fairness, is relative. We don't live on one side, we live in the gap between. That's the battle.

Before any of us existed there matter vs antimatter. There was a tad bit more matter than antimatter. The conditions for us being here are a pattern of unlikely scenarios that aren't true on almost every other planet.

Humanity grew out of these unlikely scenarios. Humans a minority life form on this planet. There are way more ants than humans. Roaches are likely a lot older than us. We as a human species are young. And guess what? When we arrived on the scene were were different. We were "special". And it wasn't fair that we had these thumbs and these brains. Think about it. At SOME point in time there were less humans than there are LGBT right now. Think about that. At SOME point in time there were less humans than we now have just T. At SOME point, EVERYTHING is new. And you can either fear it or you can accept that this new thing now exists. You don't have to love it. I certainly don't. But it's also a waste of my time and my energy to hate it. So I'm indifferent towards it. If I like the person then I like the person. I don't have to care about what they do with their private parts and who they do it with. It's not with me so I don't care. If I like them then I simply want them to be happy. If whatever they do with their private parts (that I already don't see or need to see) makes them happy then what else matters?

Offspring? The ability to have offspring is great. But there's another side to that. Overpopulation. What if we are not meant to reproduce like bugs bunny (even though you never see him with kids... maybe he's gay). Because guess what? When we do we fight each other and kill each other. We take each other's food, land, future. And we act like that's natural and complain that homosexuality isn't. And this, my friend, is coming from a half-Jamaican, culturally historically against it. But we all have to evolve. While LGBT isn't exactly an "evolution" per se, on an individual level, it does help decrease the "surplus population" as Ebeneezer Scrooge would say. This actually leads to less wars which often require more babies to be born just to replace the males lost in battle. But then what do you do when you have more females than males??

And what about those who call themselves "involuntarily celibate" and act like one gender owes them sexual congress? Are they not special? Isn't their celibacy their own fault? If you can't get a date on Tindr.... maybe you're barking up the wrong gender (or species). In other words... I'm saying its their own fault. But people would often rather blame other people than deal with themselves and issues they have that might be unattractive to others.

Homosexuality is even practiced in the animal community. So if nature tells us what's natural.... then its hard to argue against humans doing the same thing. But don't take it from me. Take it from Google.

No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue.


So not only does it exist but its beneficial to society. Prison populations do it all the time. Look what happens when catholic priests avoid sex with other adults entirely. Wouldn't sex with other priests be preferable to abusing children? But because that option is "unholy" they do something even worse (not to mention these children are often males too). We have to look at "norms" and standards outside of the sort of perfect world scenarios from which they are born in. A perfect world isn't over populated. A perfect world doesn't include greedy conquistadors and slavery and often these things are tied to population and resource management.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Kobos, Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 16:13 #342644 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Special Needs Society
Um Zealot can you tie this in to the thread at hand? I just feel kind of lost here on this one. I might just be lost in what I am seeing here but I don't see this relating to accommodation all that much in the context of the original discussion. Just asking for some clarification.

Much Love,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex, Phoenix Vidensia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 17:04 - 28 Aug 2019 17:05 #342652 by Phoenix Vidensia

ZealotX wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:
Interesting points, though some are just ridiculous, so I excluded them.


I was obviously being ridiculous on purpose for a reason.

Everything is relative, not absolute. I know Sith may not see it that way. Who we think is "special" is also relative. How special that treatment is, is relative. Fairness, is relative. We don't live on one side, we live in the gap between. That's the battle.

Before any of us existed there matter vs antimatter. There was a tad bit more matter than antimatter. The conditions for us being here are a pattern of unlikely scenarios that aren't true on almost every other planet.

Humanity grew out of these unlikely scenarios. Humans a minority life form on this planet. There are way more ants than humans. Roaches are likely a lot older than us. We as a human species are young. And guess what? When we arrived on the scene were were different. We were "special". And it wasn't fair that we had these thumbs and these brains. Think about it. At SOME point in time there were less humans than there are LGBT right now. Think about that. At SOME point in time there were less humans than we now have just T. At SOME point, EVERYTHING is new. And you can either fear it or you can accept that this new thing now exists. You don't have to love it. I certainly don't. But it's also a waste of my time and my energy to hate it. So I'm indifferent towards it. If I like the person then I like the person. I don't have to care about what they do with their private parts and who they do it with. It's not with me so I don't care. If I like them then I simply want them to be happy. If whatever they do with their private parts (that I already don't see or need to see) makes them happy then what else matters?

Offspring? The ability to have offspring is great. But there's another side to that. Overpopulation. What if we are not meant to reproduce like bugs bunny (even though you never see him with kids... maybe he's gay). Because guess what? When we do we fight each other and kill each other. We take each other's food, land, future. And we act like that's natural and complain that homosexuality isn't. And this, my friend, is coming from a half-Jamaican, culturally historically against it. But we all have to evolve. While LGBT isn't exactly an "evolution" per se, on an individual level, it does help decrease the "surplus population" as Ebeneezer Scrooge would say. This actually leads to less wars which often require more babies to be born just to replace the males lost in battle. But then what do you do when you have more females than males??

And what about those who call themselves "involuntarily celibate" and act like one gender owes them sexual congress? Are they not special? Isn't their celibacy their own fault? If you can't get a date on Tindr.... maybe you're barking up the wrong gender (or species). In other words... I'm saying its their own fault. But people would often rather blame other people than deal with themselves and issues they have that might be unattractive to others.

Homosexuality is even practiced in the animal community. So if nature tells us what's natural.... then its hard to argue against humans doing the same thing. But don't take it from me. Take it from Google.

No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue.


So not only does it exist but its beneficial to society. Prison populations do it all the time. Look what happens when catholic priests avoid sex with other adults entirely. Wouldn't sex with other priests be preferable to abusing children? But because that option is "unholy" they do something even worse (not to mention these children are often males too). We have to look at "norms" and standards outside of the sort of perfect world scenarios from which they are born in. A perfect world isn't over populated. A perfect world doesn't include greedy conquistadors and slavery and often these things are tied to population and resource management.


You write this as if evolution is fact. I certainly don’t believe it is. Furthermore, you’re WAY off topic, lost in some half rant. Please, try again and this time, stick to the topic without adding a bunch more armchair pseudo philosophical bs. Also, keep your globalist propaganda to yourself if you would or make a special population control thread. Thanks in advance.

... Meh ...
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 17:05 by Phoenix Vidensia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 17:08 #342654 by Phoenix Vidensia

Kobos wrote: Um Zealot can you tie this in to the thread at hand? I just feel kind of lost here on this one. I might just be lost in what I am seeing here but I don't see this relating to accommodation all that much in the context of the original discussion. Just asking for some clarification.

Much Love,
Kobos


You said it, just more tactfully than me. Frankly, I’ve seen this many times from this individual. It’s irritating to say the least but maybe that’s just my bias, since I detest that sort of philosophizing and much prefer keeping things as simple as I can as often as I can, while still being realistic.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 17:16 #342655 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Special Needs Society
Hahaha! That was great! All of you! Good things to think about, even off topic.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 17:40 #342658 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Special Needs Society
Things may be irritating with conflicting ideas and though you and I have different styles and that will lead to differences in tact. I will ask that you consider the wording of things more carefully before posting them.

Thank you,
Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 17:52 #342661 by Phoenix Vidensia

Kobos wrote: Things may be irritating with conflicting ideas and though you and I have different styles and that will lead to differences in tact. I will ask that you consider the wording of things more carefully before posting them.

Thank you,
Kobos


... and I will politely refuse. I won’t censor myself because you’re uncomfortable with my manner of expression. I’ll refrain from personally insulting you because... TOS. Beyond that, if you can’t handle it, stay out of my threads? Why subject yourself?

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 18:01 #342667 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Special Needs Society
I can respect that, please note below, this is not the first time you have seen this

R - take Responsibility for what you say and feel without blaming others
E - use Empathetic listening
S - be Sensitive to differences in communication styles
P - Ponder what you read and feel before you speak
E - Examine your own assumptions and perceptions
C - be Civil in your interactions with others
T - Trust ambiguity, because it can be difficult to communicate meaning

Do not antagonize another member based on history or another sensitive subject.
Do not personally attack others in public or in PM
Do not discuss other members/guests of this site in the public forums
Practice empathy and perspective taking.
Dialogue about ideas and do not attack people
Take breaks when needed
And use this space appropriately.

If a future post attacks an individual it will be removed and you are free to try again, repeated failure to comply will be reported to those above me and can result in disciplinary blocking or account suspension.

Thank you,
Professional acting Kobos

Fighting what you cannot see, will only lead you to lash out with violence towards everyone. Know your enemy, and you may find yourself a friend.

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 19:18 #342683 by Phoenix Vidensia

Kobos wrote: I can respect that, please note below, this is not the first time you have seen this

R - take Responsibility for what you say and feel without blaming others
E - use Empathetic listening
S - be Sensitive to differences in communication styles
P - Ponder what you read and feel before you speak
E - Examine your own assumptions and perceptions
C - be Civil in your interactions with others
T - Trust ambiguity, because it can be difficult to communicate meaning

Do not antagonize another member based on history or another sensitive subject.
Do not personally attack others in public or in PM
Do not discuss other members/guests of this site in the public forums
Practice empathy and perspective taking.
Dialogue about ideas and do not attack people
Take breaks when needed
And use this space appropriately.

If a future post attacks an individual it will be removed and you are free to try again, repeated failure to comply will be reported to those above me and can result in disciplinary blocking or account suspension.

Thank you,
Professional acting Kobos


*Sighs*

Yup, I’m done here. You can take your anti fee speech “Temple” and shove it so far up your ass, it exits though your gob!

Don’t bother banning me because I won’t be back!

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick