Place for spiritual nourishment

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #339631 by
Was there any place that you go to or had went to for spiritual nourishment? Any place where you feel strong connections with the force? Whether it was a certain area in the mountains, beach, tundra plains ect.

Is there any place that you would go to for training to help with your studies? Just curious. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #339634 by
Replied by on topic Place for spiritual nourishment
It's been some time, I know a particular spot that's good for this, but it is not readily accessed.
I ought to find a good spot, near my home.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339636 by Amaya
I walk in the woods near where I live to feel close to the life force/energy of life.
Being alone in nature helps center me spiritually.
I use to find a similar connection in churches but came to the realization for me that I can feel that same connection in nature.
And dont have to put up with others emotional and physical presence.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos,

More
4 years 10 months ago #339653 by Adder
I tend to look for places which freak me out for no reason. Clambering up a mountain on dusk freaks me out for very logical and obvious reasons, but finding a serene waterfall pond well outside of croc territory seems less logical. So for me its the unexplained peak emotional response which interests me. I find that nourishing because it sparks my curiosity and extends my range of experiences.

This process though does require one to be a bit aware of their normal range of emotional fluctuations and possible dramas ongoing in other parts of their life.... which is in part why I dislike drama at this Temple, it's an unnecessary distraction from focus on the Force by mimicking it through mundane means of attention seeking ie fighting, base emotional states versus higher ones. Because to me spiritual nourishment is about connection to a more refined state of spirit, much more then that which can be found on any street corner. So things like walking in nature are valuable to clear the mind of base level distractions from other people and life, and get in touch with oneself, and also exercise altered modes of perception. But nature can be seen as busy and brutal if we look outside our safety bubbles. So that is also what I do, to nourish spirit, by seeing things for what they really are at their level of existence/action, for its not really 'my' spirit anyway if we all are of the Force!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #339671 by
There is one place that is not a far drive from my home that I feel an especially strong connection to the force. It is a beautiful walk on a trail along a creek that eventually leads to an opening of more water with different levels and very mini waterfalls between each section. The water only goes up to the knees at most. There is a certain spot that contains beach like sand that I especially enjoy meditating at.

There are two other place I feel an incredibly strong connection to the Force. These are Tramway in Desert Hot Springs (which is a gorgeous mountain top that is open wilderness) and Joshua Tree National Park. However, these take considerably longer to get to and take more planning so I don't visit these as often.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339681 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment 7DA5458E-7BF5-4981-A249-E6EBDD550227.jpeg not found

Here is my balance beam- I often find clarity and well... balance here. Next to it is my cedar potted. Some days it glows bright green some days it just stares at me but every day it’s there. There’s a thing about trees and me. But that’s my space

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340429 by
I always thought nature particularly in large forests that I feel the most connection. I try to go to different regions if I travel, such as tundra, desert, swamps or beaches along with forests to meditate and receive a better connection with Earth :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi