lightsabers and self defense

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #331327 by
Replied by on topic lightsabers and self defense

OB1Shinobi wrote: Thanks for the video. Id say you got a more realistic method when you took the blade off and just used the light. Which brings me back to my earlier statement about simply using an actual flashlight in one hand and a real weapon in the other. You may not wish to use light at all, but if you do, how to do so effectively has already been delineated by police and miltary professionals. I know that lightsabers are fun and theyre the jedi thing, but if youre going to be serious about the question of defending your home or family in a real, life or death situation, why muck about with how best to use a toy as a substitute for a proper tool? Why not begin the topic by drawing on the results of those who have already learned through real life application?

Oh, I very much agree. I'd rather use anything else than my lightsaber in a self defence situation, as it's rather expensive. There are far better, yet similar options like this that would do the job much better.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
5 years 4 months ago #331331 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic lightsabers and self defense
The video i've been trying to find shows a man swinging one like a bat against a lightpole hard enough to make the light bounce...

Keep in mind self defense doesn't require breaking bones...you can render people unconscious with bare hands striking the head...a polycarbonate blade is harder and stronger than a collection of tiny bones and cartilage...and there are also the soft targets...the groin, base of the throat etc...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #331333 by
Replied by on topic lightsabers and self defense

This is one of my fave stress tests. Pretty standard blade, takes quite the beating at full strength.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi