The Time to End this!!!

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
5 years 4 months ago #329709 by Neaj Pa Bol
I am dismayed at things being demonstrated lately that for being Jedi is really a shame. At this part I am addressing the “Official” Discord channel situation, that despite an extremely select favored few, have attempted to talk to Steam about this and have gotten nowhere.

1. I am the one who under my rights as a Charter Member, created the Discord Channel.
2. There were two reasons why I did such. Firstly, Names for this part need not be listed, it’s a past matter, but threats were against the Temple, its members, etc., in disrupting our Church, IP program, Ministers and Teachings... Secondly, the Council Needed it’s own place. No Disrespect was aimed at Steam, but, with his channel, he is the Owner and thus he is not entitled or privy to the discussions of the Council, which would be open to him there.
3. A Council member got excited about having a Discord channel and posted a little prematurely for all to see. It was not set at that time to be public. But Things that get giddy happen..
4. Your ministry is yours. Never has their ever been talk, thought or actions to the contrary...

Now , Steam. Understandably, you were upset. But let’s be honest. Your reaction was past rationality. You went Nuclear! Prudence would have be contacting the Council responsibly to seek the who, what, why, where, when and how’s as to the Official” status.

In reactions it’s became the haranguing of Council members not involved in its creation, discrimination towards certain Council Members and allowing only the ones you like or tried to work with you, Friends went to bat for you, saying you would let any and all members attend when in fact this has not been the case. Now I am not attempting to be argumentative at all. Just clearing a few things up.

In front of all, this should have been dealt with in a responsible and mature way. I was asked not to speak up so that others could attempt to find resolve. Thus did not happen. So now I am clearing the laundry of the whole matter.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Zero

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329738 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic The Time to End this!!!
Hun, after working with you on Council, I've grown to know you a little bit and respect you for that. I hope I didn't contribute to your dismay but I do feel I need to speak a bit on this matter and why I did what I did.

The issue with discord is kind of moot. The event was mishandled on both sides, but after Council demanded that Steam either hand over his channel, or remove TotJO from both name and image (that he had had permission to use prior), he complied and changed both the name (from Unofficial TotJO Discord to Steam's Jedi Cantina) and the image. Everything settled after that as far as I was aware. There was still upset on both sides, sure, but the Discord server no longer dealt with TotJO so it was out of Council's worry.

Then months later, Carlos pops into the server, doesn't follow the server's rules, and is removed. He joined about 30 minutes later again after still not following rules, and was banned from the server. A month or so after that, Ren does the same. If he got removed or banned the first time he joined the server I don't know. But the next thing I do know, Steam is banned from TotJO.

Steam didn't know why he was banned, so I looked into the posts Steam has made in the last several months and didn't see anything where he broke the rules (I'm aware that I can't see in the clergy forums). So next, I went to a Councillor who said they didn't have all the facts and to go to Ren. At this point I felt that the prior procedures for banning had been deviated from enough to make an open post to ask why. Because the timing of Ren's joining and Steam's banning were rather too coincidental. But I didn't want to make assumptions so I asked. Unfortunately those assumptions were accurate.

Knowing Ren, he joined the server figuring he'd be banned and was ready to return the favor. Ren saw that Steam's server had no affiliation with TotJO in name or image, and still banned him here for no rules broken.

If for Council, this whole issue revolves around Steamboat's unaffiliated-with-TotJO Jedi Discord server, he was banned unjustly. The only thing the server has to do with his banning (at least as far as the information we've been given) was that he banned Ren from his personal server. The history really only comes into play to show where the nerves are still raw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Adder, Avalon, Zero

More
5 years 4 months ago #329925 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic The Time to End this!!!
1.) I ask again, for the fifth time in five years, produce this charter.

2.a.) What threats? You don't get to claim there were threats without actually mentioning them.

2.b.) This was never a concern on my Discord server, because at it's inception, I repeatedly turned down requests from Council members to add a Council room, on the grounds that I refused to have a space on my own server that I wasn't allowed to enter.

3.) This Council member was more than just "giddy". This Council member went on, at length, in multiple venues, about how stupid and useless a Discord server was, about how dangerous it was outside of Council's control (which is unfounded), and then about how Council should move to take it over. Which, you'll be happy to know, they attempted on no fewer than three occasions. This wasn't just excitement at a new server.

4.) I debunked this in point 3, but if you'd like that to be the official party stance on it then that's where I'll meet you. This happened over a long period of time, literally the entire length of my Discord server's life, so it'll take a while to get all the facts in order. But the things you have presented here are either how you wished things had gone, or are uninformed of the rest of the Council's actions in this matter.

In the future, if you want to discuss topics with me personally, do not air out your grievances in public as your first diplomatic action. Especially if it's a forum I cannot reply to because I've been conveniently and wrongfully banned at the time of the thread's creation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329927 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic The Time to End this!!!
If anyone wants the Articles of Incorporation and the Articles of Amendment (there is one) go to https://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/copies.shtml and get it from them. They are public records.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi