Hosting a Jedi service in a physical building

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332076 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote: Was this thread originally about parrots?

Tis a matter of semantics I guess? How do you define parrot in the context of this thread? I know that it has definately evolved into an overt discussion of parrots and pirates. This is because there was very little interest in the original subject matter.

Translation: no, Ros. Please help out this back in track as it is apparent some cannot control themselves...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332077 by Kobos
Both stop please.

Point taken Kyrin that is valid.

That said at a time when people are beginning to take it the thread seriously, it's a little bit disingenuous to say that or allow it to get carried away. Please note, that I am, from the perspective as just seeing that the thread moving in the positive direction now but the last few posts are what I see as something that would stop others from saying anything. So bad form don't care who the instigator is it's just kind of bad form. So, it should be on both parties to cease that line of discussion here.

By the way I honestly don't having to kinda act like a lunch room supervisor. So, really let's just stop this and maybe re-read and continue this thread's life for what it is.

Last post I will make here. Until I see some alignment to what Sven was trying to make a reality or a small amount of comic relief so don't worry about me chiming in on this anymore.

Much obliged,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 3 months ago #332078 by Rosalyn J
I don't call 4 pages vary little interest. (I went back and looked).
Sven told us what the outcome of his attempt was and we are discussing that. Some are debating, some are encouraging. But, this is not about parrots

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332079 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tis a matter of semantics I guess? How do you define parrot in the context of this thread? I know that it has definately evolved into an overt discussion of parrots and pirates. This is because there was very little interest in the original subject matter.

Translation: no, Ros. Please help out this back in track as it is apparent some cannot control themselves...

Actually you were the one that put this otherwise dead thread off track with your disparagement of christianity. This was done in violation of jedi syncreticism. I challenged you as I have a tendancy to do when gross violations of this sort are enacted. As the only defender of what sven was trying to do I felt it was my place. In response to this you decided to attack my journal board as a troll and proceeded to parrot my every response, which prompted the parrot references here. So this entire threads claim of derailing is entirely on your shoulders my friend. As for me, I simply see it as an interesting discourse that has kept some of the original spirit of this thread alive as sven and I originally enacted in the Hope he can find some resource to fulfill his dream.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago #332080 by JamesSand
Seems Kyrin agrees with my assessment on the inclusion of pirates in our services.

That's basically a consensus.

As much as I want to support the "Back on topic-ness" of general forum policing, unless Sven really wants us to tell him how to make phone calls or go door knocking to obtain a community space (have you tried the freemasons? They're always keen for people to use their local halls, otherwise pesky councils decide they're not being useful and try to knock 'em down), we may as well discuss the use of pirates in Jedi outreach programs.

My only point of wariness is that the Pastafarians have already laid claim to Pirates as part of their lore, and Jedi already cop enough flak for stealing lore, do we really want to engage it that sort of thing more than we have to? (not that there isn't a poetic beauty in stealing ideas about piracy.....)

Anyway, since we're on the subject of...I don't know, convincing people that our ideas are valid, or something, I happen to love the sound of my own voice, and this newfangled space tablet thing I found has a built in sound-copying type doohickey in it.

Who wants me to record the sermons posted to TotJO and make them available for listening (just imagine you crash driving to work, and the last thing you hear (other than your own screaming) is my voice ;) )

(I already tried recording one - nothing like reading something out loud to unveil awkward syntax and extra/missing words)

(It might be plain arrogance that I have a good reading voice, but I like to think the years of therapy to make me talk properly have left me better at it than the people who never had to try)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332081 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Actually you were the one that put this otherwise dead thread off track with your disparagement of christianity. This was done in violation of jedi syncreticism. I challenged you as I have a tendancy to do when gross violations of this sort are enacted. As the only defender of what sven was trying to do I felt it was my place. In response to this you decided to attack my journal board as a troll and proceeded to parrot my every response, which prompted the parrot references here. So this entire threads claim of derailing is entirely on your shoulders my friend. As for me, I simply see it as an interesting discourse that has kept some of the original spirit of this thread alive as sven and I originally enacted in the Hope he can find some resource to fulfill his dream.

Kyrin, for the love of God, read my posts and responses to your statements. I have NOT and will NOT disapriage the church. Whatever you've decided to convince yourself of is your own opinion,but do NOT insist it to be fact and attempt to insult me by saying that I have done what I have purposefully stated that I have not.

Open request to have this thread about thread about Jediism moved to the Jediism subforum to avoid further derailment over some perceived petty grievance.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332082 by Rosalyn J
I think Nakis is/was doing that. Could do with some more. The TOTJO has a podbean podcast space where those can be added. If you decide you want to do it, let me know

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Rosalyn J.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332083 by JamesSand

The TOTJO has a podbean podcast space where those can be added

I have no idea what that is.

More info? (or link and I'll figure it out....)

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332084 by Rosalyn J
I published my new episode On Trying, please check it out
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-22bvi-9d6303

We could do with some more

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago #332085 by Kobos
I would love audio sermons, would help me access the more regularly and would be a cool interaction between the sermon reader and audience to know each others voices. now, I'm down with pirate, 2 words though, Space Pirates.

So then we get the logistical thing though how do we get our Space Pirate philosophy out there like Sven has been doing. I mean there has to be other ways this type of thing can happen if any individual wants to do this, right?

I like the recording idea, but if someone else wanted to o a face to face one or even a community talk (Jediism, Academic or Philosophical) how do we go about, soliciting a venue?

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi