A Wolf Among the Sheep

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319370 by
Replied by on topic A Wolf Among the Sheep
It is important to remember that there is a third option that goes along with sheep and wolf, the sheepdog. It's always been my favorite, but is frequently over looked by both sheep and wolf until the sheepdog becomes needed. It is needed whenever and wherever there are both sheep and wolves.

Interesting that Manu brings up the victim triangle. The three roles I've listed above could very easily be placed on the triangle in place of its original three roles. Thanks for bringing that up Manu.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319399 by
Kryin why wasn't this posted to your journal? Perhaps it was an oversight but this was put in a discussion forum and what exactly is the topic that we're supposed to be discussing? This comes across passive aggressive, you might think your post is about them, but from all that I can see this thread is entirely about you. It seems incredibly self-indulgent.

You talk about fighting for separation from the herd, but there is no challenge one can face which isn't comparable to the challenge faced by another. There is no feeling one can embrace which someone else hasn't as well. There is no fight one can have which someone else hasn't had already. The more one extolls their differences the more one does exactly what others have done before. The more one defines themselves by the conflict they have with others the more one relies on others to have conflict with.

You are unique, just like everyone else.

More
6 years 1 month ago #319403 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic A Wolf Among the Sheep

Goken wrote: The three roles I've listed above could very easily be placed on the triangle in place of its original three roles. Thanks for bringing that up Manu.

That's quite brillant, I love how each fit into their place in the triangle: Wolf (Persecutor), Sheep (Victim), Sheepdog (Rescuer).

As long as we are stuck in any of those roles, we are stuck in a drama relationship, rather than owning our lives and living and let live.

Thank YOU, Goken. :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, , Brick

More
6 years 1 month ago #319415 by Alethea Thompson

Akkarin wrote: you might think your post is about them, but from all that I can see this thread is entirely about you.

I couldn't help myself when I saw this XD

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 1 month ago #319417 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic A Wolf Among the Sheep
Hey guys. Can we bring this back around?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #319420 by Manu

Rosalyn J wrote: Hey guys. Can we bring this back around?

I would need to know Kyrin's original intent to know where to direct discussion.

Though I've found the exploration of Karpman's triangle with Goken quite enlightening :)

- William Arthur Ward
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Manu. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #319421 by

Akkarin wrote: ...what exactly is the topic that we're supposed to be discussing?

This is a fair question though. What conversation was meant to be had by the Temple as a whole?

Edit: Posted at same time as Manu. Me as well. :laugh:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319423 by

Arisaig wrote: I feel as if the original point of the thread was drowned out by some egos. What exactly was the point of posting this, and what kind of conversation did you hope it would spark?

This is a post of wisdom and prudence. Thank you. You see that I never actually declared myself to be a wolf, or a sheep. Others have decided that. But you see how quickly people here have scanned my post and jumped to conclusions and then the keyboard without even considering or pondering what I have said.

The sheep run around in a frenzy screaming I'm not a sheep or "we" are all sheep because I refuse to believe in the wolf. The wolf waits and watches and knows the truth.

More
6 years 1 month ago #319425 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: You see that I never actually declared myself to be a wolf, or a sheep. Others have decided that. But you see how quickly people here have scanned my post and jumped to conclusions and then the keyboard without even considering or pondering what I have said.

The sheep run around in a frenzy screaming I'm not a sheep or "we" are all sheep because I refuse to believe in the wolf. The wolf waits and watches and knows the truth.

Enlighten us. Not one person has tried to drown out your voice (well except maybe Serenity).

Or is this post some sort of test? :)

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319426 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: You see that I never actually declared myself to be a wolf, or a sheep. Others have decided that. But you see how quickly people here have scanned my post and jumped to conclusions and then the keyboard without even considering or pondering what I have said.

I'm starting to think this response was the desired result. The lack of clarification does clarify a few things for me.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi