I've noticed somthimg

More
6 years 1 month ago #318006 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thanks and welcome Scott - if I may take the liberty to call you Scott and not Scott Hughes - either way is fine by me!
Life is full. No one life is fuller than others. In my own path I have come to spots of deep breath taking and deep breaths lost. We all fight and defend our own battles but this one here I am making as I go along so to speak.... I'm learning still as I seek and still as I learn I seek. The purpose of my own path as a jeddist is to be a better human. To help others find their own better definitions and to help them in their own faith. Never conflict between my own kind. In turn, his helps me in my path. This is my active version of selfless... many other religions ways sects and idea s are out there but this is what I choose. As the associate Pastor here I think it's healthy and it will be my active practice to try harder to re define my own path and help by example show how it can( this Jedi faith) can be more of a applicable thing that just a role player idea. Nothing wrong with roleplaying at all. So in response to your post, yes. Feel free to join in on any discussion and post your thoughts - as far as I'm comserned : I await to see your faith and your practice and sit next to it and share both paths so we can grow even larger and more fully. May the Force of others ... be with you ! ( I finally get to say this and mean it ! ) wha.... hoooo!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 1 month ago #318007 by ren
Replied by ren on topic I've noticed somthimg
Aren't the oldest mass graves in america of mayan origins? Did these asian immigrants not ruin the land to such an extent they wiped out their own civilization?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 1 month ago #318010 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic I've noticed somthimg
This is not, to my understanding, within the scope or topic of this thread.

Please, let us return to the topic at hand.

Gentle reminder from the Pastor

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Athena_Undomiel

More
6 years 1 month ago #318013 by Carlos.Martinez3

ren wrote: Aren't the oldest mass graves in america of mayan origins? Did these asian immigrants not ruin the land to such an extent they wiped out their own civilization?

I wasn't there so I can't answer that .lol might wanna ask that question in another thread maybe ? Or somewhere else ?
Last I checked - the leading cause right now in my home country is - my home country. The same can be said for similarly others. I saw a you tube video just yesterday of the Indian Ocean... it is filled with plastic ware and trash. Humans trash land regardless of location or label. Human beings ---- gotta love em - my path tries to stop destroying things ... at least my practice tries ! Smiley face

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318015 by
Replied by on topic I've noticed somthimg

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Atticus wrote: Don't believe everything you think.

Out of curiosity why would you say that ? Why would we ask others not to think ? Or even believe what they have learned ?!Why would we ask others this ? Don't believe the things you think? Why would we ask others This? Are we incapable of believing what we have learned ? Isn't it Kinna -the point of being Jedi - to find out and practice what we have found? Isn't that what syncritism is? The diffrenses: ? In practice ? Figuring things out ... hashing them out ? Trying - failing till we find our own balance ? Not some One else's?

I'm Not mad or even upset . Please don't think that. Please don't assume anything until you directly ask and feel Free to directly ask. Once agin this isn't intended to harm or hurt any ones feelings ...
Or even create doubt but , can there be more than one idea that exist togeather with many or it it just some thing we say?

I don't understand how five words went so far south.

I did not ask others not to think. I did not ask others not to believe what they have learned. I did not suggest that nothing that crosses your mind can be believed.

I am not really certain where this went after that, so it leaves me curious whether I wandered into an earlier conversation without realizing it.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318019 by Carlos.Martinez3

Atticus wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Atticus wrote: Don't believe everything you think.

Out of curiosity why would you say that ? Why would we ask others not to think ? Or even believe what they have learned ?!Why would we ask others this ? Don't believe the things you think? Why would we ask others This? Are we incapable of believing what we have learned ? Isn't it Kinna -the point of being Jedi - to find out and practice what we have found? Isn't that what syncritism is? The diffrenses: ? In practice ? Figuring things out ... hashing them out ? Trying - failing till we find our own balance ? Not some One else's?

I'm Not mad or even upset . Please don't think that. Please don't assume anything until you directly ask and feel Free to directly ask. Once agin this isn't intended to harm or hurt any ones feelings ...
Or even create doubt but , can there be more than one idea that exist togeather with many or it it just some thing we say?

I don't understand how five words went so far south.

I did not ask others not to think. I did not ask others not to believe what they have learned. I did not suggest that nothing that crosses your mind can be believed.

I am not really certain where this went after that, so it leaves me curious whether I wandered into an earlier conversation without realizing it.

Please don't think this is about one single person. It's just a general asking and a general knowing and a general question and answer for every one. Don't take offense to anythimg please brother . This is not my intention . The intention is to learn here how and why we see - we all see - how we can all see and how we can have a balance - if possible . I'm not mad at you and I honestly don't think any one here is. Please don't think that.
The main question is can we as Jedi define our own practice and practice with out harming one another. How? Can it it be done? Can we find examples or be the examples of this practice. Your five words are 5 in the mass of every one else's - a view that can and does have a place at my table if you like.
Me and the wife came up with this - build a bigger table not higher walls which pretty much sums up my now renewed focus. Again I myself and not mad at you or even upset so don't think that please. Those days of upset for me will wash away now that I've learned to dance in the rain ... so to speak. Smiley face! I wouldn't mind helping others dance along with me - regardless if they shuffle stomp or twirl. Care to dance with ?

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318033 by

ScottHughes wrote: I am Tribal Mayan in the State of Oklahoma.
I want Segregation Policies for the States of the United States of America, with inclusion Red States, Black States, a Yellow State, & White States, which have strict residency policies for each State.
I consider it terribly redundant to cite the fact that the historical crimes that the Tribal Mayans (typically referenced "Native Americans") suffered were desplicative of the continued lack of good sociological plan of invaders that made a sociological rule of "invasion, Theft, & Murder". To continue to tolerate that injustice with further lack of consideration & further imposition to the Tribal Mayans amidst the American population that already suggests themselves with a "Freedom" to commit those crimes & not be penalized, not actually, is what makes America real "terrorism".

Segregation is terrible idea. Isolationism has never historically been a good idea. It breeds fear and cuts the connections of empathy, understanding, and respect. I have both European and Native American ancestry and I cannot find a logical reason to blame today's society for the horrible crimes committed by people who are long dead.
Instead of blaming let's take responsibility for society. Let's focus on creating a society that is inclusive and respectful. A society that takes care of each other and looks out for each other. Yes what happened was an absolute tragedy and inhumane. Let's make sure that this kind of shit doesn't happen again. Pardon my language.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318035 by Carlos.Martinez3
Wonderful JL and that s Kinna the purpose - can we balance and not harm? Can we add to the table not to the wall?
Any one share this add to the table not to the wall idea and if so what is it on your end ? I'm listening ! I would love to have more than one definition and more than one idea along side it !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318037 by

ScottHughes wrote: I want Segregation Policies for the States of the United States of America, with inclusion Red States, Black States, a Yellow State, & White States, which have strict residency policies for each State.

Scott, while I intellectually understand the systemic mistreatment of the indigenous people throughout the history of the United States, I'm certain it does not warrant the statement above. I could be misunderstanding your words, but it sounds to me like you are suggesting we segregate states by race and are referring to various races by color. If this is the case, it does not fit at all with the Doctrine of this Temple or the predominant opinion held by Jedi here. Jediism is an inclusive faith and way of living that encourages diversity and inclusion, not separation or division. Especially not based on something as arbitrary as race.

Please help me understand your motivation for suggesting what seems to be a racist agenda, or let me know how I am misunderstanding you.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318040 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic I've noticed somthimg
A question that I have is:

How many of the most vocal people at this temple can demonstrate an understanding that the principles we support and proclaim to others go both ways? For example, if we tell someone that we ought to be talked to with respect, have we demanded that respect before it has been clearly established that we have given the same respect to them?

I just wonder how many of us tend to post thoughts, ideas, and principles that we think conveniently only apply to the people we're preaching it to (whether or not we will ever admit it to them or even ourselves).

Have you ever noticed that more times than not, people who frequently complain about "catching drama" or "harassment", or "judgement" or the such from essentially "everyone around me" tend to have a particular set of traits that directly reflects the very things they complain about?

What kind of impression do you get from a person who takes the positions of others around them very seriously and are aggressive about it? Compare that to someone speaks lightly and uses a playful sense of humor when talking about people around them. What is the difference in their own personalities? Which one of them might you be able to connect to and understand easier? The one who takes themselves very seriously or the one who is more playful and humorous about themselves?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Carlos.Martinez3,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi