Do you ever think...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311452 by
Replied by on topic Do you ever think...
Their end is not a result of their effort. As you mentioned earlier, Kyrin, the world is chaos and their time was up when insanity won the day. But can love help prevent insanity? Can we change enough to help prevent even one of these incidents?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #311456 by Carlos.Martinez3

JLSpinner wrote: Their end is not a result of their effort. As you mentioned earlier, Kyrin, the world is chaos and their time was up when insanity won the day. But can love help prevent insanity? Can we change enough to help prevent even one of these incidents?

Which reminds me of the age old question: why do bad things happen to good people.?
Regardless of who what or where , rain falls. "Bad" happens almost always ... balance is as character - true character stands firm regardless of situation.

No matter how hard the wind blows - the mountain can't bow ...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311467 by
Maybe just maybe the killer and the victim have the same purpose. The victim had to experience to get killed and the killer had to experience to kill.

They went there on their own will just to experience this event. We could also say that the force guided these to people to the same place. Non of them realizing what was to come. Would they have done something different in this day if they would have felt into them self? We cannot know. What we know is that it happened.

If you watch the documentary the dhamma brothers on YouTube you see that killers can learn a lot of their action if they look at them consciously they have a great potential for great understanding.

I don't want to justify killing with this its purely a thought of mine. Of course seen as an observer faaaaar away everything may seem logical but if you are in the moment the real test will show itself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311474 by
Once again Professor Cheng's observations come to mind - we have only the counterbalance, the self-control that allows us to find balance in the face of constant change (which involves the death of the old pattern even when it's not something horrible and traumatic.) We never know what patterns and flow of consequences are at work around us, nor what may be thrown our way as a result. My personal "Jedi saints" include those who who died so unfairly, so needlessly - yet kept their balance during the crisis and fulfilled their duties, saving the lives of others. I do not expect anything from the Universe other than for it to be what it is - a place of myriad interactions beyond my power to control or even remotely comprehend. But I expect a great deal from myself, in particular to find the balance that lives up to the examples of my teachers.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311476 by
Can somebody ignore You Can find as much good in anything as bad depending on where you mentally place yourself? Isn't that balance?

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #311501 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Do you ever think...
If a person sincerely wants to understand the universe then id think at some point they would realize the need to take a long and diligent trek into astronomy and cosmology....to begin with....and I dont see how one could take a serious look at cosmology or astronomy, and believe him/herself to have any kind of clue as to what "balance" would even mean at that scale, or any pretensions of judging the progress (or lack thereof) that the universe is making towards achieving it.

The only kind of balance i can see as being a reasonable for us mortals to hope to achieve (if we are lucky and work really hard at it) is the ability to balance our own conflicting emotions and impulses and shifting circumstances so that we generally behave in a way that we are relatively unashamed of. Or if we really want to shoot for the proverbial stars, to behave and build our lives in such a way that we're actually proud of them.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, , MadHatter,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311505 by
Balance? Really?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311532 by
@Carlos, yes of course none of us can speak for any others. I speak only of my own opinion when I speak of such things. If it convinces others there is some truth to what I say then so be it but if not that is fine as well. In that regard no one else is responsible for any decisions an individual makes other than the person themselves. When things go wrong it’s not the govts fault or societies or karma. The only one to blame is the person that made the decision.

And the mountain may not bow, but it does erode. ;)

@Jlspinner, you're right that most will never know the moment of their own demise (mostly). And I don’t think love will change insanity or prevent even one of these sorts of incidents. People have been killing people for millennia and that will never change because of free will and subjective interpretations of reality.

What will change this is better vigilance and each individual taking the responsibility for themselves that they should be taking. When humans ran wild in the forests and were hunted by all sorts of predators they took constant precautions just like any other animal. Now society has dumbed down those senses and made much of humankind complacent. They are no longer vigilant of their surroundings, avenues of approach, cover, egress opportunities, means of self-protection, etc. Instead of taking responsibility for their own preservation they want to blame guns and the govt and anyone else we can think of when things go wrong - anyone or anything but themselves.

There is no making sense of violence. I see no grand scheme for it somewhere buried in Karma or natural law or an ultimate balance. Violence is just violence no matter whether it’s a gunman on a roof top or tsunami wiping out an island beach or an asteroid smashing our planet to bits. By the sheer will of perseverance people have managed to survive in the midst of a raging maelstrom that could care less about love or compassion or selflessness. And while the human race as pack animals do experience those things and find benefit in mutual cooperation and objective consensus to make their lives better, beyond their limited capacity to achieve that, the universe could care less about what people think is so important.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311536 by
True. Vigilance has died in our comfortable lives. I'd like to think that through love and outreach we may touch a life and alter it's course. It could never be proven either way unfortunately. Not until the act is done. But if these people had support, if they had a healthy way to express themselves and their problems, then maybe, just maybe, things could have been different. Or maybe not. But I will continue to try.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311538 by

JLSpinner wrote: True. Vigilance has died in our comfortable lives. I'd like to think that through love and outreach we may touch a life and alter it's course. It could never be proven either way unfortunately. Not until the act is done. But if these people had support, if they had a healthy way to express themselves and their problems, then maybe, just maybe, things could have been different. Or maybe not. But I will continue to try.

Maybe its best to believe that both courses can cause change. After all this is the stuff of hope, right! B)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi