The new star wars good or bad(no spoilers for those who have not watched it yet)

More
6 years 4 months ago #309071 by Manu

Arisaig wrote: Pretty much perfect. Yes, I understand the gripes people have about it... but in my opinion, prolly one of the better SW movies we've had sing RotJ.

YES!

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309086 by
I thought is was incredible.

I also didn’t take what Mark Hamilton was saying a negative. I take it that it was not what he envisioned for Luke. But he’s not the writer or director chosen, and it’s no longer Luke’s story. He’s the actor playing the part and bringing the most to the part he’s given. It was never meant to be the Star Wars of the 70’s/80’s. It’s a new generation. We should let it be that and understand it in those terms. As for the agenda (feminism) that was being alluded to, there are plenty of reasons a franchise with a reach like Star Wars SHOULD pick a fight.

Here’s an article that breaks down why it’s so important.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/269657/toxic-masculinity-is-the-true-villain-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135