Constant surprise discontent in forums

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297198 by

Tellahane wrote:

Nami wrote:

Tellahane wrote: You also have to consider the source. If it's coming from a guest or a member, initiate, novice etc these like others have said are people still seeking a haven. Still trying to figure things out, still trying to sort out there lives. In fact I would be more bothered if I didn't seen some of that within a reasonable time frame. Now if it's coming from a knight or higher, then it starts to bother me a little. Yeah not everyone is 100% infallible but every action is a choice IMO.

That being said, some Novices have been here longer than some Knights. Rank doesn't mean everything.

Also, I'm noticing a lot of "hidden" bullying happen around here lately. Luckily it hasn't happened to me, but I've known people get crap messages from people. Fortunately, I have no idea who these people are.. but yeah.

Time spent doesn't mean a whole lot either. You can spend 5 years here and if you don't actually put some effort into lessons and teachings you can be just as .....dare I say newb...as anyone else

Sometimes, not always. Definitely not always. Saying that is insulting to many members here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #297199 by steamboat28
Everyone here deserves a place here. Everyone here belongs here until they decide they don't.

Any person who makes people doubt that is someone who needs to take a long look inside themselves and measure their own issues first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi,

More
6 years 7 months ago #297201 by Tellahane

steamboat28 wrote: Everyone here deserves a place here. Everyone here belongs here until they decide they don't.

Or until the council/knights vote them out!

steamboat28 wrote: Any person who makes people doubt that is someone who needs to take a long look inside themselves and measure their own issues first.

Perhaps I should have better worded, I was going towards the point if you spend 5 years here and all you do is mostly chat and not actually put effort into study there will be no personal growth, one must do more then just forum post to get growth.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297203 by

Tellahane wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: Everyone here deserves a place here. Everyone here belongs here until they decide they don't.

steamboat28 wrote: Any person who makes people doubt that is someone who needs to take a long look inside themselves and measure their own issues first.

Perhaps I should have better worded, I was going towards the point if you spend 5 years here and all you do is mostly chat and not actually put effort into study there will be no personal growth, one must do more then just forum post to get growth.

It is my understanding that a rank doesn't necessarily mark how much improvement there's been.

Edit: Rank marks how much improvement has been acknowledged.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297204 by

Tellahane wrote: Perhaps I should have better worded, I was going towards the point if you spend 5 years here and all you do is mostly chat and not actually put effort into study there will be no personal growth, one must do more then just forum post to get growth.

Noted. Thank you :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #297224 by steamboat28

Tellahane wrote:

No, even they made their own choices.

More
6 years 7 months ago #297228 by Tellahane

steamboat28 wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

No, even they made their own choices.

..arguably so did the council, that can be said from both sides ya?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297229 by
There is no "voting anyone out", as has been pointed out numerous times. Saying so merely adds to the discontent. This is not a democracy and constantly calling for people's heads is counter-productive. Set the positive example. Be the change you want to see. Be Jedi. Otherwise, you're no better than the people you want out.

Let's try unity and cooperation for a while. Who knows? It might actually work!

More
6 years 7 months ago #297231 by Br. John
THE FOLLY OF PLEASING ALL

by: Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Once on a Time it by Chance came to pass,
That a Man and his Son were leading an Ass.

Cries a Passenger, Neighbor, you're shrewdly put to it,
To lead an Ass empty, and trudge it on foot.

Nay, quoth the old Fellow, if Folk do so mind us
I'll climb up the Ass, and Boy mount behind us:

But as they jogg'd on they were laugh't and hisse'd,
What, two booby Lubbers on one sorry Beast!

This is such a Figure as never was known;
It's a sign that the Ass is none of your own.

Then down gets the Boy, and walks by the Side,
Till another cries, What, you old Fool must you ride?

When you see the poor Child that's weakly and young
Forced through thick and thin to trudge it along,

Then down gets the Father, and up gets the Son;
If this cannot please them we ne'er shall have done.

They had not gone far, but a Woman cries out,
Oh you young graceless Imp, you'll be hanged, no doubt!

Must you ride an Ass, and your Father that's grey
E'en foot it, and pick out the best of his Way?

So now to please all they but one Trick lack,
And that was to carry the Ass a pick pack:

But when that was tried, it appeared such a Jest,
It occasioned more Laughter by half than the rest.

Thus he who'd please all, and their Good liking gain,
Shows a great deal Good Nature, but labours in vain.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297233 by
This parable is me. When people who have studied here longer or more in depth than I, or have fancy titles with their names, present ideas and opinions in the wording of fact, I tend to believe they know more about my path than I do.

I've forgotten that I am my own best expert. Thanks for the reminder, Br John.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi