AMA: (Really) River

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #290418 by
AMA: (Really) River was created by
My goodness but I feel bold doing this. But as I said in another post today, I learn through conversation. I've been really enjoying reading the other AMA, getting to know people and ideas, so I figured heck, why not :)

I take the "anything" part seriously. Ask me anything. If it's just too uncomfortable I'll say so, or maybe take it to pm.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290420 by
Replied by on topic AMA: (Really) River
I see you have an instrument in your profile pic, what other instruments do you play? I play the drums and, back in the day I played violin for 3 years ^^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290422 by
The question that's on everyone's mind.....

Dogs or Cats? And why? ;)

Also, how did you come to Jediism?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #290424 by

vladucard wrote: I see you have an instrument in your profile pic, what other instruments do you play? I play the drums and, back in the day I played violin for 3 years ^^

Attachment IMG_20170711_180338309.jpg not found

All the instruments in this picture are mine, and I play them. (One of the violins is actually a viola.) Not pictured are a mountain dulcimer, a fee more fiddles and another mandolin, a half size guitar, an ukulele, a recorder, a Native American flute, a penny whistle, and a chanter (the flute-like part of bagpipes). I also play but don't (yet!) own cello and stand up bass.

I think that's a complete list...
Attachments:

More
6 years 9 months ago #290454 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic AMA: (Really) River
If I could learn about you as a person by watching one movie, what movie would you choose?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290459 by
That instrument pic may have just made you my new best friend. (I'm a music professor, so I am IN to it)!!!

Question: who is your biggest Jedi inspiration since you've joined these forums? And why?

More
6 years 9 months ago #290470 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic AMA: (Really) River

Connor L. wrote: Question: who is your biggest Jedi inspiration since you've joined these forums? And why?

Don't let them know it's me. Otherwise people will get jealous. B)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290474 by

steamboat28 wrote: If I could learn about you as a person by watching one movie, what movie would you choose?

Oh. Wow. That's actually really tough....
After considering for a bit, in gonna go with Good Will Hunting. I'm open to questions as to why, but I don't really know where to start explaining.

That's not true. I know where to start, but it seems boastful to say "I have a high IQ but I'm not traditionally educated."

But since I've said it now; that, plus I have had a lot of the same trouble with emotional closeness and vulnerability as Will. And done a lot of therapy, lol

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290475 by

Connor L. wrote: That instrument pic may have just made you my new best friend. (I'm a music professor, so I am IN to it)!!!

Question: who is your biggest Jedi inspiration since you've joined these forums? And why?

Yay, music! :D

My biggest Jedi inspiration... Here, I assume you mean. It's down to three people, and I'm not sure I could narrow it further.

Senan, because he's got similar health issues to me, but is a bit ahead in the whole treatment thing. It's inspiring to me how he just keeps on keeping on, contributing so much to the community here.

Kit, because of similar health stuff again, but also the shamanism is fascinating to me and I admire how she's like "yep, here's me, here's what I do." Unapologetic is a word I'm really into lately, and Kit is just unapologetically Kit. Its really beautiful.

Zenchi, because he's quick to reach out and offer help, and then to really follow up on that offer. I also like how sometimes he can come across a bit brashly (to me, anyway). I need that in my life, because I'm so often treated with kid gloves. And I need to incorporate some of that into myself, because sometimes I favor tact over impact.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #290477 by

Arisaig wrote: The question that's on everyone's mind.....

Dogs or Cats? And why? ;)

Also, how did you come to Jediism?

Dogs. But not all dogs. Just this dog

Attachment FB_IMG_1499626964216.jpg not found

I'm not much of a pets person, to be honest. I don't like pets in mass groups like "dogs" or "cats." I like then on an individual basis. The dog above is Zoe, my pure border collie service dog. She is literally and really my best friend. I adore her.

As for how I cam to Jediism: I do a lot of research and learning and such, mostly online. I was just kinda idly googling things like "how to be of service to humanity" and "meditation practices" and other words and phrases related to my personal values and beliefs. Somehow, in the wormhole of following links and opening tabs, I ended up here. I read the doctrine first (that's the first page I stumbled upon) and my brains went "Yes, please! This! We want more of this!"
Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi