Sith?

More
6 years 11 months ago #284778 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith?

Magnus Staar wrote: I think that is what was implied in the original Star Wars trilogy. Vader not as someone in a different ideological path, but someone who had simply lost his way, a dark Jedi.

Which is why I like the quote. Most of us are simply concerned with living, with enjoying ourselves and branching out that joy to those around us. Passionate. Loving. Laughing. Suffering towards our goals. Alive... So sitting down to contemplate which ideological path is best seems to me a bit of a moot point... the objective is there. You are either working towards it, or you are not.

I think that is the biggest misconception about aspects (certainly, we could blame the fictional EU for it) :laugh: There's plenty of ideological clashing and posturing, but in the end, what matters is what works. And that which does not work, tends to fall away on its own (or with heavy work by the user, depends on the individual). That is why you see plenty of "selfless" Jedi eventually discover they need to take some time for themselves, without the guilt trip. It is also why you see the super poignant in your face "selfish" Sith eventually bring down their tone and discover they CAN work with others and play nice, tossing away their spooky Sith persona without losing anything at all.

I feel we've both said the same things, just using different words. :P

Sure, the Yoda character would seem to love the 'do or do not, and take responsibility for which one you decide' angle. But I feel compelled to defend ideological contemplation though, LOL, I mean they represent preferred systems of action to me in essence, being that they can relate directly to making better decisions rather then simple do or do not. Unless your taking about the fictional ideology.... in which case I agree completely plus some.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284787 by
Replied by on topic Sith?

GrayPredator wrote: Ah, I see. Before I joined the temple, I was one of them, so I needed to know if that would cause any trouble.

Thank you for your answers!

Where abouts?

More
6 years 11 months ago #284794 by ghost of the mist
Is there any truth to it. I mean it could be the beginning of something I don't have the wisdom or the foresight to predict. But I and I'm sure others want to know, I'm just worried about what it could spell out in the future.

More
6 years 11 months ago #284795 by ghost of the mist
Replied by ghost of the mist on topic Sith?
But can we be sure that is all. I mean if history has taught us nothing there are always factions that feel things differently. I think we should still be wary and trust in the force.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #284796 by Adder

ghost of the mist wrote: But can we be sure that is all. I mean if history has taught us nothing there are always factions that feel things differently. I think we should still be wary and trust in the force.

Yea sure there are. They've been around for awhile and many of us have been members of them from time to time, including myself!! Just do a bit of a search on the web for the unimaginative keywords real sith temple website etc. It'll bring up some good places, and some dubious places. The 'Force Academy' seems to have the most active self processed 'Sith' that I know of.
Unless you mean the fictional type of Sith.... remember we are not based on the fiction very much, and most of the Sith I know aren't either. If your looking for criminals who call themselves Sith, then I do not know, and wouldn't tell you if I did :silly: :D

Edit: Topics merged, same topic.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284836 by
The Force Academy and the Order of the Sith are the only Sith groups currently active that I know of. I don't believe Temple of the Sith Order is active anymore.

More
6 years 11 months ago #284851 by FTPC

Williamkaede wrote: The Force Academy and the Order of the Sith are the only Sith groups currently active that I know of. I don't believe Temple of the Sith Order is active anymore.

wrong I found 3 sith temples online

http://www.sithholocron.com/main.htm

http://sithacademy.com/

http://thenso.forumotion.com/

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284879 by
#1 is a dead link
#2 are a cult and criminal trash
#3 seems to be a split from #2 and stolen content from the Dark Aspect but I'll need to be at my desktop to navigate through the spyware and tech heresy at play.

As far as I'm concerned, my statement still stands, though I could certainly clarify to state that "the Force Academy and Order of the Sith are the only Sith training orders worth the time of day who are still active."

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #285482 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Sith?

It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale
Uncle Iroh, from Avatar the last airbender

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Yugen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi