Sith?

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #284736 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith?

Williamkaede wrote: Ooh you got me beat by a couple of months but I came along not long after you.

You actually looked it up, lol!

Yes, I joined in February of 2012, yourself in August, hardly a "couple" of months. Almost, but no cigar my friend :evil:

TOTJO's been cool with Dark Side members, as long as those members respect the Temple and it's rules.

Aw, Marta, do I annoy you? Q.Q

Think that honour goes to someone else as well... :whistle: :evil: :lol:

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Zenchi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #284741 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic Sith?
Perhaps GrayPredator want to become a force ghost later in life and Not a sith Shell,
in other words Redemption

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284743 by
Replied by on topic Sith?

FTPC wrote: Perhaps GrayPredator want to become a force ghost later in life and Not a sith Shell,
in other words Redemption

Perhaps.. Or just learn about both ways. ;)

More
6 years 11 months ago #284766 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith?
For what it's worth, I think there are more parallels than differences between the two. I particularly enjoy this quote:

David Edge wrote: "Path" means preferred bullshit. Living already has a name, and comes with its own distinction. It's not until you stop living that reality seems vanilla. Yet, instead of living the fool seeks another (novel distraction) to chase down. God how I'm sick of hearing the word "path".

Let's not mince words here; there is only one path. It is called living in the moment, and you are either walking it or not.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 11 months ago #284768 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sith?
Hehe, that is a funny quote. For me a path denotes a coherence in ones living (effort leading to results in accordance with the goals). I also apply the term 'ground' to represent the interaction between my path and the environment, and light as analogous to 'fruit' - being the ideal or best outcome result. So in that context dark becomes deliberate deviation from that for some reason, which generally fits with the notion of self sacrifice - which when done as part of a path denotes a phase of forcing changes to either ground or path to better actualize the result. As such that dark side would be part of a Jedi's journey, but 'falling' to it is a type of risk within the context of the path as it originally stood. So if the path (truly) changes it usually means the goals have changed and in which case the whole shebang recontextualizes and what was dark becomes light anyway :D
Unless one prefers to use the light and dark concepts to morality, in which case it might fall outside of the doctrine here as in its ingratiated state is highly illegal in most countries.
Or unless, someone views them in terms of subconscious or conscious control... which is where the path is most 'interesting' (risky) because a dark practitioner in that context really has to wear whatever outcomes emerge despite their own conscious objections to have done it.
I'm guessing the fiction is a blend of those, and perhaps others.
Just my opinions though. .

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 11 months ago #284769 by Zenchi
Right, path is merely a word we (usually) use for frame of reference or a state of focus, try not to restrict yourself to that alone. Again, people confusing the model for the genuine thing, lol.

I use the word often, a quarter and a tissue for anyone offended... :laugh:

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #284770 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith?

Adder wrote: Hehe, that is a funny quote. For me a path denotes a coherence in ones living (effort leading to results in accordance with the goals). I also apply the term 'ground' to represent the interaction between my path and the environment, and light as analogous to 'fruit' - being the ideal or best outcome result. So in that context dark becomes deliberate deviation from that for some reason, which generally fits with the notion of self sacrifice - which when done as part of a path denotes a phase of forcing changes to either ground or path to better actualize the result. As such that dark side would be part of a Jedi's journey, but 'falling' to it is a type of risk within the context of the path as it originally stood.

I think that is what was implied in the original Star Wars trilogy. Vader not as someone in a different ideological path, but someone who had simply lost his way, a dark Jedi.

Which is why I like the quote. Most of us are simply concerned with living, with enjoying ourselves and branching out that joy to those around us. Passionate. Loving. Laughing. Suffering towards our goals. Alive... So sitting down to contemplate which ideological path is best seems to me a bit of a moot point... the objective is there. You are either working towards it, or you are not.

I think that is the biggest misconception about aspects (certainly, we could blame the fictional EU for it) :laugh: There's plenty of ideological clashing and posturing, but in the end, what matters is what works. And that which does not work, tends to fall away on its own (or with heavy work by the user, depends on the individual). That is why you see plenty of "selfless" Jedi eventually discover they need to take some time for themselves, without the guilt trip. It is also why you see the super poignant in your face "selfish" Sith eventually bring down their tone and discover they CAN work with others and play nice, tossing away their spooky Sith persona without losing anything at all.

I feel we've both said the same things, just using different words. :P

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Manu.

More
6 years 11 months ago #284773 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Sith?

I use the word often, a quarter and a tissue for anyone offended.

a quarter doesn't get you as much phone time as it used to. I might need extra to really talk about my feelings....

More
6 years 11 months ago #284774 by Zenchi

JamesSand wrote:

I use the word often, a quarter and a tissue for anyone offended.

a quarter doesn't get you as much phone time as it used to. I might need extra to really talk about my feelings....

Better make use of that tissue then, lol...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284775 by
Replied by on topic Sith?
If the Dark Side is something we succumb to in times of weakness (going off the movies) then lets face it, the Dark Side is KFC and tequila. Or a recipe for an awesome night.

Magnus is on point here. There's plenty of parallels but also considerable ideological differences. The quest for strength is exclusive to neither though, and should be our prime focus.

Magnus: David is so damn quotable. I bet he knows, too.
Zenchi: I joined July 25th, 2012. But also not so active over the last few years.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi