Eating meat.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281142 by
Eating meat. was created by
first of all, if I've posted this in the wrong forum then please remove/move it.

Okay now to the topic, What is your opinion on eating meat? Do you find it ok/don't you? please tell me why you feel the way you do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #281143 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Eating meat.
I personally eat meat. It's something humans have been doing forever, it's natural to our species. I do what I can to support more humane ways of raising animals (e.g. by restricting my meat intake to organic varieties whenever I can, by not eating more than is necessary etc.).

As a side-note: plants are also living organism. They may not feel pain as animals do, but they still show defence mechanisms when harvested and consumed.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figment

More
6 years 11 months ago #281146 by Figment
Replied by Figment on topic Eating meat.
I personally do not eat meat, but that is my personal choice and don't mind if others eat meat. I believe that all life is sacred and try hard to avoid harming or taking life. Living in balance with my natural surroundings is important to me.

Also I enjoy growing the food I consume, which are usually plants that produce a fruit that doesn't involve me killing the plant, such as tomatoes, eggplant, beans, squashes, etc. I also grow a variety of greens, but only take what I need and leave the plant to continue to grow. (This is probably more information than you wanted.) :)

Whatever you choose to do, do so with complete awareness and mindfulness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281148 by
Replied by on topic Eating meat.
I love meat. I eat meat plain (Meaning I often eat the burger off the grill without the bun and added nonsense) I try and incorporate more meat less starch.

Life and Death is a natural part of life both to sustain ourselves and others. Frutes, Veggies, Plants....They all die. When you pick an apple that apple dies. When you snap off a squash you snap off it's life. Just because it dosn't scream out to the frequency that you can hear dosn't mean it's not been lost just as the deer or cow.

At the end of the day. Do you. Be happy.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #281149 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Eating meat.
I believe that all life is sacred [strike]and try hard to avoid harming or taking life.[/strike]

Sacred might be pushing it (for me), but I believe that all life is life, and life is a messy thing :P

I eat meat, it's delicious, but I am not ungrateful to the cows (and pigs, and emus and crocodiles and camels and rabbits and sheep and fish* and chickens and probably others) that died for my continued glory.

*sorry fish, you're all just going to get lumped into one big ol' generic group of...fish

When it comes to accepting my place (at the top of) the food chain, I maintain a Jessica Rabbit-esque philosophy "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"

Edit: Oh, and for the OP - You might find the whole meat issue has been discussed before, hit up the ol' searcheroo https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/search to see previous threads on the matter.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by JamesSand.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #281150 by

JamesSand wrote: I believe that all life is sacred [strike]and try hard to avoid harming or taking life.[/strike]

Sacred might be pushing it (for me), but I believe that all life is life, and life is a messy thing :P

I eat meat, it's delicious, but I am not ungrateful to the cows (and pigs, and emus and crocodiles and camels and rabbits and sheep and fish* and chickens and probably others) that died for my continued glory.

*sorry fish, you're all just going to get lumped into one big ol' generic group of...fish

When it comes to accepting my place (at the top of) the food chain, I maintain a Jessica Rabbit-esque philosophy "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"

Agreed. Life is beautiful, and I find that beauty is equally appreciated from within the chasm that is my stomach.

Then again, is it life after it becomes noms? :ohmy:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281156 by
Bacon = meat candy!

More
6 years 11 months ago #281189 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Eating meat.
I love meat, but choose to not eat red meat on ethical grounds. I went about 3 years with none until recently trying out a new sauce with new gluten free pasta. I do though eat chicken and fish... at least until I can find a suitable and palatable alternative. Generally speaking I think consumption of foods overall is too high, with it now being done instead for taste and entertainment rather then sustenance.. considering the difference in accessibility from prior generations to current. A work in progress for me to find the best balance.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281191 by
I eat meat. Meat of all varieties that I find available. I eat it because it is tasty, but more so because I feel that as steel sharpens steel so too does the consumption of meat produce meat on my bones during training.

Also I was raised up eating the proverbial steak and potatoes as the evening meal.

More
6 years 11 months ago #281195 by Hitira38
Replied by Hitira38 on topic Eating meat.

TheFriendlyPirate wrote: first of all, if I've posted this in the wrong forum then please remove/move it.

Okay now to the topic, What is your opinion on eating meat? Do you find it ok/don't you? please tell me why you feel the way you do.

I believe eating meat is okay. I also believe we should avoid eating needlessly, not just meats but all types of food. I don't always agree with or support the conditions of housing for the animals. I often question the quality of life experienced by the animals before they are killed. I've heard stories of animals enduring cruel lives as livestock to a slaughter house or whatever they are called.

HN

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi