Why are you here?

More
7 years 1 week ago #280524 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Why are you here?
I had many questions. I have now many different questions. The ability of this place to keep a constant flow is one thing I love. That flow keeps the questions brewing. As life and time happen , I can ask all the questions I've ever wanted to know . The ability to create this in my life the ability to not controll my life but craft it and .... Help others with their "craft" is a wonderful idea I keep and maintain not only in this Temple but in my real life as well.
I am not where I am when I first enters this place. Spiritually and mentally as well as many other things. my life my stress and faults are real but I never bring them to my focus. All the things I find here I find not here . I come here to share . I come here to grow . I come here to build . I come ! If I can give and get , damm then I'm down ! I'm glad for this place and still am. May the Force we all share Be with us where ever we seek it !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #280529 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Why are you here?
Can I be honest?
Sometimes I dont know. I know I came here looking for a new religion and found a deeper respect for the one I cast aside.
Im here because 95% of the time I like it.
I can manage the other 5% I dont like by remembering that this is a very human endeavor. If Im looking for something perfect, just the way I like it, I can go to the cemetary

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 1 week ago #280534 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Why are you here?

Cabur Senaar wrote: You didn't come for drama or stress...

Oh, but I did. ;)

Drama is not the end-goal, of course. But it is instrumental in unveiling deeply rooted mental models, cracking them eggs open to make an omellette.

I am here because I have realized my own power to mold my world through the manipulation of those mental models I did not even know were there before.

Controlled conflict accelerates the process. Offline, people feel more exposed, so you often have them making up excuses for you, defending your vulnerability and mood in a well-intentioned but ineffective cycle of enabling bad behaviors.

Online, people are more honest, so conflict ensues, inconsistent thought processes are unveiled and real growth occurs. All through the safety of your monitor. :)

I am here to keep growing, and in the process help others unveil their own models so that they too might come to true power over their destinies. This, in my opinion, is service.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 1 week ago #280535 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Why are you here?
I came for the TotJO logo, I stay for Leah Starspectre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Zenchi

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280538 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Why are you here?
When I first came here, I was emotionally and spiritually adrift. I’d be floating on work, sometimes going under, then resurfacing. My entire 30s are one big blur. I switched jobs a few times, we moved across the country, back to college, debt, another job - for many things I don’t even remember details. Towards the end of my 30s I started having doubts. The lack of focus in my life was starting to drag me down. I had completely ignored my spiritual life, the development of my personality. I was a superficial father, a superficial husband and a superficial employee. I was just a thin sheet of ice.

I essentially felt I had a choice of taking charge and finding myself or of losing it. I found this place after I’d heard about it on the BBC. I find it to be appealing on so many levels; the people; the message; the community. Joining marked a massive turning point in my life - I come here to learn every day, to grow, to expand myself both inward and in the world. Studying and interacting has left me dramatically happier, more positive, more productive. It has given me focus and understanding and the tools to cope with stress and pressure. I’ve only just reached the point where I feel like I can begin to enable others to find their reason for being here and for coming back - and for helping those around me both here and elsewhere in my life. This is a sanctuary to me and I hope I can help keep it a force of good.

Of course, this isn't an idealist island - differences exist. But overcoming difficulties and handling them with dignity and prowess is part of what we're learning and teaching here - let's put that knowledge to good use and build up.

Thank you for this thread Cabur.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 1 week ago #280544 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Why are you here?
Why am I here…

I was led here because this is where I am supposed to be. I believe that. What I want to do here is continue a spiritual journey, explore the Force and be of service. I love the people here; even when we disagree. I love the journey we take and the opportunity we have to become so much more than we start out when we first arrive in these virtual halls.

I want to uphold my oaths and fulfil the needs set before me… but I can’t do it alone. I would like to involve as many Jedi as possible in these tasks and with all those willing, take our service to others in need. Rather it is a warm plate of food, an ear to listen, assistance in some endeavor or a sense of security during a troubling time each person has a need that we can fill. And I would love for us to be in a position where we could and want to meet those needs and be of service to others.

And it is through our spiritual growth that these needs are met. Our tribulations show, teach us how to navigate the road before us. And I would like for us to go on this journey together. A journey that we each travel every day and are constantly learning from.

I want to practice what we believe in and help it to become a reality for others to be a part of if they choose.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280556 by
Replied by on topic Why are you here?
On the contrary, I came because of the drama and the conflict. It is through adversity that we grow and evolve. When we challenge ourselves we find our true character. These challenges come in a vast array of forms, lessons, debate, interaction, pushing our "safe zones". If we don't do this every day... truly set out and embrace something that terrifies us every single day... we have missed an opportunity.

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280641 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Why are you here?
ive come very close to NOT being here anymore tbh, but a i had a conversation with a friend that helped me change my mind

ultimately, its a community that i feel i have benefited from being involved with, and in which i think that i have been of some benefit to some others

and because as "un-jedi" as it may be, im attached to this place lol

and people here often inspire me
that sounds cliche lol but its really true

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Amaya, Zenchi

More
7 years 1 week ago #280812 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Why are you here?
There is a fair amount of concensus in these answers. I see people loking for a comunity in which to grow. I see people who want to learn. I see people who come to be challenged. To be clear, I draw a disctinction between the challenging of ideas and the debate that comes and drama as the personal conflicts and nonsense we inflict on each other.

Whatever else we may not be able to agree on, we seem to want a very focussed envorinment in which to pursue the Path.

So, why do we settle for less?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Avalon, Cyan Sarden

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280815 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Why are you here?
I came here seeking a path to improve myself. Which I more then found and its what kept me here. However now as much as I want to improve myself I want to help others as I am able along their path. I want to give back what I am able as so many have given to me as I walk the path here.

To answer your question on why do we settle for less. I do not think its so much settling for less as it is the natural outcome of a demanding broad path. The conflict while not ideal is something that is bound to happen when people are passionate about ideas and come from such a large and diverse group.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by MadHatter.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi