Why are you here?

More
7 years 1 week ago #280503 by Breeze el Tierno
It's not a trick or a challenge. It is not a veiled invitation to leave. I'm being sincere. You didn't come for drama or stress, so why did you come?

What do you want to do here?

Warning: Spoiler!

It doesn't matter what I don't want, not in this moment. This is what I want, and I want it for more than simply my own benefit. I want it more than anything. And when I come short of this, I want you to tell me. When I'm here, I don't want to do anything else. I know I'm not alone.

Tell me what you want; as a Jedi, as a human being in the world. Look into every corner of yourself. You could go a lot of places, but you come here. What do you really want here? What you don't want in here, don't bring in here.

Tell me about the Jedi you are working to become. Leave everything else out. Tell me how you pursue it. Tell me what you want to learn. Read the answers of others, not to debate but to see if you missed anything. And when you know what you want, don't lose focus.

This is sacred space, and I am here, in part, to help keep it so. Brighten these halls with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3, Cyan Sarden, OB1Shinobi and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280504 by
Replied by on topic Why are you here?
i came to study te teach and to be of service after all a core tenant for me as a jedi and i hope it is to all jedi no matter what jedi community they belong to is that of being of service to others.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280507 by
I am here because I wish to become the best person I can be amongst a group of like minded people. I wish to build bonds with amazing people from around the world and be a friend to those that need it.

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280508 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Why are you here?
I came as a Sith hoping to change myself for the better, and have done that in spades. I have changed in ways I'd not thought possible...

I believed in people, I looked up to them, and now that I am a Jedi, looking back I realize what they presented were mere illusions...

I am still Jedi, and I refuse to drop the name because of a few bad examples. I wish to be of service to others and see them change as did I, and hopefully assist them from becoming bitter when they too awaken...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280510 by
This temple has nothing but bad memories for me. And to this day I stand by everything i said in the past about it. I was here when it was a crappy....crappy....design. The people back then were self absorbed in their supposed "Better Program" I was here when it changed to a newer format...and got banned because god forbid I vehemently disagree with people slandering my own personal "Jedi Intentions" I am a passionate person when it comes to my own beliefs, and I don't step down or bow out just because it makes you (General) uncomfortable. And then I got banned again because I didn't realize old allowances changed to new elitism.

But

Time changes things and sometimes things that was once good and perfect and working.....can become a festering and painful wound. And old grudges can turn into a needed sanctuary.

I was given a generous gift from someone here....despite my opinions of this place....and I felt I owed them at least a (Third?) Chance.

To be perfectly honest I am at a stage in my life where the "Lessons" and "Learning" of this place is far too old school and mind numbingly repetitive. I hoped that if i worked with the rules and became a Knight here I could access the "Lessons" and "Learning" I am really searching for which is the ability to teach others in a formatted method and style (Instead of my random words of wisdom when saught out for)

I am a mother of two beautiful daughters and while I know my "ABC's of Jedi studies" I sure wouldn't mind stepping things up a notch.

Buuuuuuut

I also have my own moral and spiritual compass to keep in mind. And that compass is not this temple (Oaths and vows ect ect). This temple is just a stop in the road. A place that welcomed and accepted me when everyone else I knew went on with their lives without me.

I stay

Because for now the people here arn't half bad to hang out with from time to time.

Sure....it has it's fair share of drama but trust me when I say.....it is nothing compared to other Jedi places I've been to.

For now.....Im here because this....is really all I got now.

Just Jedi is empty save a member count of Me. and...Me. Gatherings are now a heart ache of the past im still clinging too against my better judgment. And every other Jedi place is a reminder of how far Jedi has fallen.

At least here....there is somewhat of a structure and community left in it's halls. Not like it used to be in other places. But...better than nothing at all.

As for what I want as a Jedi? To raise my two daughters up as strong and spiritually confident individuals, to have a better understanding of the mysteries in life and the Journey you take to live it.......better than what I had. I started my life out with "No Religion" and a whole lot of questions that left me crippled and behind on so much. I hope that my experiance, learning and understanding through my Jedi Journey will help them be good sisters to eachother and others.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280512 by
I like your question, Cabur Senaar. While it could be answered superficially, is has the potential for quite deep and heart-opening consideration.

I am here for several reasons. Within my own little sphere, the Jedi path encourages me toward an ever-broadening commitment to a life of service based on a balanced blend of compassion and courage. It does all of that with room for expressions of art and humor, and also a focus on staying fit and healthy so we remain viable in the world. And its endorsement of meditation supports us in strengthening our connect to the Force, or whatever one wishes to call that awareness which transcends our limited, 3-D existence.

Reaching beyond myself, I find the social interaction in these forums very enjoyable and helpful. A reality of the Jedi way is that it appears kind of peculiar to the prevailing culture. That culture asks, "What ... you're structuring your life around a science fiction movie? Do you dress up in robes and play with lightsabers? Do you really think you can levitate things?" But I am a peculiar person by nature, so that is one reason this is my place. I also am grateful that those with whom I have directly interacted in this Temple seem to be more insightful, broad-minded, and even kind than most whom I encounter in conventional institutions.

That is why I am here. I'll close with this quote, since the topic has brought it to mind:

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

More
7 years 1 week ago #280515 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Why are you here?
I am here for cookies, I stay because I am stubborn :)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna, OB1Shinobi,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280516 by
I'm here for my Apprentices.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280519 by
I am here for the challenge. I want to be a better Jedi everyday, and people here push me to do that. I also appreciate that people here call me out on my crap, but also offer a helping hand when I stumble. This Temple is where my spiritual education takes place, and it also offers opportunities to test my convictions.

So often I hear people disappointed with this or that and being judgemental when we should really be focusing on ourselves. I may not be the Jedi you think I should be, but I am here trying to be better. When we denounce the name Jedi or cast blame on others for what we don't like here, we are really just revealing that we have much more work to do ourselves.

This Temple belongs to all of us and we will each use it for our own reasons. We will grow and change along our paths and our needs will change as well. For my part, I do my best to remain patient with myself and others because being Jedi is not an overnight transition or one time thing. It is a long and grueling process of tearing oneself down and building back up that happens day in and day out. Throughout this process, we need to remain positive and committed. This Temple provides the environment I need to do so.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280520 by
Cabur: ,,Wat do you want to do here?''

I was, on a search towards stability and realizing that I do not know what I want to do with it. One of the first things that made me doubt my search seems to be one of the key elements I needed. Would be more in place to say I am walking my Journey and not wanting to do it 'alone'? Would it be more in place to say that one connected world creates being alone when not thinking in puzzle pieces?

How rhetorical I like to make my questions sometimes.. :blink: Things come and go, and it find that interesting; it keeps me hooked and it releases me in the same moment. Being part of the Temple family is for me an unconditionally way of life and one of the most influential aspects of the Temple towards myself. The feeling and urge to be here till I decide otherwise, is a mystery for myself. A lot of people who do not know me do misunderstand me so easily, and when I first entered this church I sensed the aura of coming home. Being home is maintaining and fixing doors, paint it every now and then, add some more, all other things do not matter. :blush:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi