Forum App?

More
7 years 1 month ago #277454 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Forum App?
I have an iPhone 5s with a small screen and part of my problem is I have huge chunky hobbit fingers. So the first thing that happens when I login is the chat pops up and I cannot get it to close, I could use a stylus but if I get it to close if I even tap near it again it opens right back up. Then the forum when I try to click on that does not show up correctly and I have to scroll through pages and pages to get to look at any of the recent forum posts.

It might just be me too. It just seems to not be very user friendly on my screen. On my iPad and of course on my labtop I have no problems.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #277455 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Forum App?
Roz have you tried it in landscape mode? I have a cheap phone I use when the tab is occupied and it seems to work in landscape. It ain't perfect but it works...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
7 years 1 month ago #277457 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Forum App?

Avalonslight wrote:

Br. John wrote: If those having problems would please post their phone model, system version, and browser that might help in figuring out what's going wrong.

I'm on a Galaxy s7, Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), and also use Chrome when on my phone. And like I said, for me it's not a matter of non-responsive display (it displays very much the way it would if it were an app, I'm sure). It's a matter of probably 75% of the time, it doesn't read me trying to open a link, no matter how many times I try or refresh the page. Nor is it a matter of it not having an internet connection, because it doesn't even try to load the page. But when I switch to "desktop version" it opens all links, all the time, just fine.

It's always the same threads that either work or don't work, meaning regardless of if I get the thread to open under desktop version, it won't ever open unless under desktop version. For example, most recently I couldn't open one of the deacon announcements (I can't remember which) without switch to desktop version, and even though I've looked at it once now, it still won't open unless I switch views.

To pre-empt, yes all the cookies and cache and every single other stereotypcial troubleshooter techniques have been conducted. It just doesn't read as being requested to open.

Zoom in or zoom out by so much of a pixel or two and it fixes that, just have to do that on each page you want to click a link, sometimes when it resizes on page load it doesn't draw the hit boxes for clicking correctly, I think it's likely associated with the Javascript that manages the hover over for the first few lines of a thread post preview.

More
7 years 1 month ago #277458 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Forum App?

Tellahane wrote:

Avalonslight wrote:

Br. John wrote: If those having problems would please post their phone model, system version, and browser that might help in figuring out what's going wrong.

I'm on a Galaxy s7, Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), and also use Chrome when on my phone. And like I said, for me it's not a matter of non-responsive display (it displays very much the way it would if it were an app, I'm sure). It's a matter of probably 75% of the time, it doesn't read me trying to open a link, no matter how many times I try or refresh the page. Nor is it a matter of it not having an internet connection, because it doesn't even try to load the page. But when I switch to "desktop version" it opens all links, all the time, just fine.

It's always the same threads that either work or don't work, meaning regardless of if I get the thread to open under desktop version, it won't ever open unless under desktop version. For example, most recently I couldn't open one of the deacon announcements (I can't remember which) without switch to desktop version, and even though I've looked at it once now, it still won't open unless I switch views.

To pre-empt, yes all the cookies and cache and every single other stereotypcial troubleshooter techniques have been conducted. It just doesn't read as being requested to open.

Zoom in or zoom out by so much of a pixel or two and it fixes that, just have to do that on each page you want to click a link, sometimes when it resizes on page load it doesn't draw the hit boxes for clicking correctly, I think it's likely associated with the Javascript that manages the hover over for the first few lines of a thread post preview.

Been there, done that, no luck. My pages start zoomed out all the way the mobile version allows, so I only have the option of going in and much to my frustration, it just doesn't do the trick. :(

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

More
7 years 1 month ago #277474 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Forum App?
The new site is definitely easier to use on mobile devices, but Tapatalk is in a wholly different category when it comes to user-friendliness on devices with smaller screens. So +1 for Tapatalk from me.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 1 month ago #277501 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Forum App?
The problem with tapatalk is that it doesnt support most totjo features and adds an additional layer of stuff to worry about. I know chat can be a pain for mobile users and it still is the plan to make something better.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #277502 by
Replied by on topic Forum App?

ren wrote: The problem with tapatalk is that it doesnt support most totjo features and adds an additional layer of stuff to worry about. I know chat can be a pain for mobile users and it still is the plan to make something better.

Chat in a different window is not an option?

More
7 years 1 month ago #277504 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Forum App?
I've found that the new site is very cluttered on mobile... have to scroll down a lot to find what I want to look for.
When I first turn up I don't really want to see a load of random wall posts I have no interest in.
Someone has clearly blocked me from chat which I am eternally grateful for though because until that happened TOTJO was a complete no no for me on mobile.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #277515 by
Replied by on topic Forum App?

Edan wrote: I've found that the new site is very cluttered on mobile... have to scroll down a lot to find what I want to look for.
When I first turn up I don't really want to see a load of random wall posts I have no interest in.
Someone has clearly blocked me from chat which I am eternally grateful for though because until that happened TOTJO was a complete no no for me on mobile.

Yes Edan , i blocked you from chat , i thought that was what you requested a while ago :lol: ..

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 1 month ago #277520 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Forum App?
The thing is totjo has got quite a lot of functions. Some people format their posts weirdly, then expect it to somewhat not affect anything on anyone's device. I can't stand the chat, but other paid products don't offer anything better. Otherwise everything looks fine on my phone.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi