Misconceptions ? "Everything happens for a reason?

More
7 years 3 months ago #272833 by Carlos.Martinez3
My own personal view is regardless of my... Side...choice ...direction...things will happen and are avalible in any extream possible...now. Some where loss , and winning are present. My difference I add is my determination of me. How I would do it, or want to, like to, hope to...all those and then some. I like Steven. Sometimes. Lol everything is present, always, do we see that or just see what we want? Most tomes I know I used to just .....click click c
Click bing.... And react un mind fully. Now is not that time. My reactions come from my cognitive reframing .
Everything happens.... I believe...I subscribe. Life happens. The reason and actions... ctionsthats up to us...individually.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272845 by

Zenchi wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

Gisteron wrote: In my opinion what to make of the phrase depends on - unsurprisingly - what is meant by it. If we mean to say that there is a thought somewhere at the root of everything that happens, I'd be very curious to see how anybody could possibly know any such thing. If this means that every effect has an identifiable cause, then that is as well something logicians have yet to prove using what ever colloquial meaning is typically used for cause, effect, and having, respectively. Nuclear physics would beg to differ with a statement like that, too.
But of course one might also take apart what it is we mean by "everything". Does that mean literally every event as a subset of a probability space? Does it only mean things that can happen, or perhaps only those that already did?
And in the same breath, what does happening mean? Are we talking about actions people take or just occurrences, instances of events from the aforementioned probability space?

So in the end, if someone says they do think that everything happens for a reason - or indeed if they say they do not - what have you learned about them from that statement? I say they would need to explain what they mean when they say it before I can take anything away from that conversation. Likewise, a simple yes or no, be it with or without explaining why, may just be that little bit too simple for a question phrased in a way that can be used to mean so many different things.

I understand what you are saying , i just wonder , does it have to be one or the other , does everything that happens have to have a reason , except from the fact that it seems comforting its not really adding anything to the things happening.

Does it need too? Again, individual interpretation. What's the purpose of searching for one answer that applies to everyone, when it ultimately comes down to the Individual in question. Unless we are only referring to cause and effect that begins outside of that individuals sphere of influence...

Nope it does not , i am just trying to discover why people say stuff like that ^_^

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272846 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: My own personal view is regardless of my... Side...choice ...direction...things will happen and are avalible in any extream possible...now. Some where loss , and winning are present. My difference I add is my determination of me. How I would do it, or want to, like to, hope to...all those and then some. I like Steven. Sometimes. Lol everything is present, always, do we see that or just see what we want? Most tomes I know I used to just .....click click c
Click bing.... And react un mind fully. Now is not that time. My reactions come from my cognitive reframing .
Everything happens.... I believe...I subscribe. Life happens. The reason and actions... ctionsthats up to us...individually.

Do you mean that shit happens and in stead of asking ourselfes why , or trying to find meaning we work throught it and become what we are suppose to be ?

More
7 years 3 months ago #272850 by Carlos.Martinez3
Shit happens tells regards to ones interpretation, focus, idea of, relivence to... So I say things do happen. The relevance is how I ..myself discribe and act. I my self don't label things shit or crap. When I find things difficult mindfulness is often a great solution. One of many.
What is supposed to be? Who's idea? Yours or mine. Its up to us each what to take in the buffet of life and how we eat it so to speak. Our sword our way. Everything happens for a reason is so little to me. Who's reason? I have a much higher way avalible. I encourage all... ALL to find their own ...reasons, not the automatic ones! Smiley face!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272941 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Shit happens tells regards to ones interpretation, focus, idea of, relivence to... So I say things do happen. The relevance is how I ..myself discribe and act. I my self don't label things shit or crap. When I find things difficult mindfulness is often a great solution. One of many.
What is supposed to be? Who's idea? Yours or mine. Its up to us each what to take in the buffet of life and how we eat it so to speak. Our sword our way. Everything happens for a reason is so little to me. Who's reason? I have a much higher way avalible. I encourage all... ALL to find their own ...reasons, not the automatic ones! Smiley face!

Sorry Master i understood " Shit happens" as a popular way for saying " Things Happen " haha but i understand what you are saying its about where we put the focus :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi