The Jedi Path

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #272085 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic The Jedi Path

Anison wrote: Response to Kit: refer to Trisskar's post (below).

Trisskar said:

I use The Jedi Path as a guide for some of my lectures at Just Jedi. Its a good book. One just has to look between the lines

Exactly Trisskar. That way of going about things will always yield better knowledge. It is important to realize that though something might be fiction, it was not written to be discarded as such (something that is stressed in the IP). There is a useful meaning, as you say, "between the lines".

HAHahaha I don't think you realize how important fiction is to me. Search my journal for Kamizu's stories if you're curious (in fact, here is his introduction .) I've said often enough, he's saved my life. All of the 'people' I looked up to growing up were fictional. My daughter is named after one of them.

Now, that being said. If you read what I wrote I said I didn't find value for my daily practice. If you find value, that's all well and good, enjoy. But I would caution on lecturing other people on what they do or do not find useful or applicable (or assuming they're tossing it aside simply because it's fictional lol). Half the struggle in Jediism is finding out what works for you and what doesn't, since there's very little set mandate. And what works for one person, may or may not work for another. :)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Kit. Reason: can't code today lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #272092 by
Replied by on topic The Jedi Path

Anison wrote: I have a fundamental issue with this statement. The first sentence is fine. I would say most of us love Star Wars and thus would/should read The Jedi Path for that reason alone. However, there is no one source for Jediism. If there is one source it is Star Wars, as I mentioned above. Sure, the IP is a phenomenal way to learn and understand many fundamental principles that are helpful for any Jedi (I would even argue it would be helpful for anyone, not just Jedi). Though, it is one way to learn about Jediism. No matter how great it is, it alone would not yield a great Jedi. Jedi should seek knowledge from many sources. The Jedi Path is one of the better sources, much like the IP.

Steamboat sums up how I feel about this. I concur there are a vast number of similarities between Star Wars jedi and Jediism Jedi but, as I see it, they are separate branches from the same trunk in that Star Wars is based upon the same foundation that (TotJo) Jediism is founded on rather than TotJO being founded upon Star Wars. In much the same way that Taekwondo and Hapkido were derived from Taekkyeon and Subak (and other influences) despite popular impression that Hapkido derived from Taekwondo.

For me personally, I find benefit in defining a separation of fiction. If you are more comfortable amalgamating them then by all means do so. After all we are each on our own path even if the direction is the same. That is why I qualified my statement with "In my opinion". Far be it from me to dictate what anyone else should believe. It was exactly that approach that turned me away from mainstream religion. I do however find it interesting to see just where each of us draw the line that separates the fiction from the non-fiction as much is open to interpretation.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272094 by
Update: I have recently mouth as we the book! It is everything I expected :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272099 by

J. K. Barger wrote: there is a 200-level course over at the Institute for Jedi Realist Studies that is basically a walkthough or bookstudy for TJP.

Maybe we could get it over here since so many folks have been mentioning it?

Are there objections if you or we do it over there? I mean i see lovely things on other Jedi websites and study them there as well as futher my study here :) I am not saying its a wrong idea just trying to think out loud , when its accesseble why not ? :)

More
7 years 2 months ago #272100 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic The Jedi Path
There are no objections at all. I visit other Jedi sites. Speaking personally, I hope this is the year The Order has a joint-venture with a few of the other long standing stable Jedi organizations. Having different points of view and different ways of doing things is good.

I'm not talking about unifying all the Jedi or making everyone the same. Only a particular project with a well defined purpose that several of the Jedi groups could come together and produce. It'd be fun. I'm sure it'd be enriching. So if anyone has any ideas my PM button is right here over on the left.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, J. K. Barger,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272101 by

Br. John wrote: There are no objections at all. I visit other Jedi sites. Speaking personally, I hope this is the year The Order has a joint-venture with a few of the other long standing stable Jedi organizations. Having different points of view and different ways of doing things is good.

I'm not talking about unifying all the Jedi or making everyone the same. Only a particular project with a well defined purpose that several of the Jedi groups could come together and produce. It'd be fun. I'm sure it'd be enriching. So if anyone has any ideas my PM button is right here over on the left.

I know you dont Br John , i am just pointing out that we can go "there" instead of stuffing everything in OUR library loll

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi