DONT heal yourself!!!

More
7 years 5 months ago #264530 by Carlos.Martinez3
Its funny I don't have social media, for so many reasons, sanity mainly. I try not to think like most of what im "flashed" from billboards to media to news. (my own personal convictions) My wife often drives for me and the man cub. Near a HI way in a gass station lot there is this billboard. I try honestly here lately to look at the colors of the trees and the sky than depictings on signs. Now as im looking, something grabs my attention quick so I look. This 200 foot plus billboard states and I quote "DONT HEAL YOURSELF" big bold letters right there. It was a advertisement for a local hospital. My brain got so confused and hurt and just blown I had to say something. we are encouraged by this idea to NOT heal ourselves? The more I thought about it the more I was noticing the advertisement and noticed the idea, come see a doctor and make sure is the idea, I think lol. It has come , I think to the point where the sighs are up friends and its your choice...will you or will you not...Heal yourself.
Im an old medic so I can luckily have sick call for my own family and basically tend to what comes about from basic every day to day. Anything major we go to the hospital. Flu s , colds, things of that nature are carefully monitored, mentored, and fed. Am I encouraging Jedi to train them self's some how some way to have a better understanding of basic medical knowledge, I think I am. Better yet, I encourage ALL Jedi to look around and see whats really being said. As I learn I notice the need to return "HOME"
We used to play this game in school called BASE. Im pretty sure its nothing official but one persons called the base or a tree or what ever we pick that day and when you get near it and touch it you yell "base" and your safe from the evil people who are "it" and they have to go some where else or stare you down till you run.lol
The return to your HOME place is some times needed. Sadly some of us do not have a "base" to go to. That's ok. I read the Tao and many books on change and the basic is every time you get lost, every time you get to far , every time you've felt a disturbance in the Force (pun intended) go home. Our definition's of home WILL differ friends but we need a spot some where we call home to return to.
Do you have one? Many ? Whats your idea of home? if you don't have one can u make one?
Obviously home is not the actual physical location. Where do u feel at home?
I think more in this day and age we need more people moving "home" and turning to themselves to figure things out, we can and will.
I encourage you today, some how some way Jedi to heal yourselves. See what happens. Be well and may the Living Force be with yall as you do!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, Brontyn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264546 by
Replied by on topic DONT heal yourself!!!
My home is in the chambers of my heart :)

More
7 years 4 months ago #265969 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment 3b610c53d2330769c1e625e6f944682e.jpg not found

Bump

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #265976 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic DONT heal yourself!!!
My home is wherever my shelter, however temporary or permanent, is set up for me to sleep, eat and rejuvenate myself. Because of this I have had many different homes, some of which include homeless shelters, tents, libraries, workplaces, personal vehicles, apartments, homes of friends and family, a backpack, and sometimes simply a blanket laid upon a patch of bare earth.

Obviously, some of my homes have been more elaborate than others, just as some are suited better for short term stay and others for long term residency. I have learned however, it is a hazard to become too comfortable in one "home" as to think that you will always belong there / always reside there. I have had to move to a new home multiple times in one day, and at times the only possessions I had resided within my backpack (My one truly cherished possession, guilty pleasure)

After a certain point of living this nomadic lifestyle, I came to learn and accept that any sense of security a permanent residence provides is at best a temporary illusion. Physical residences can flood, catch fire, be burgled, be foreclosed upon, or otherwise made uninhabitable due to environmental or societal factors. This isn't intended to cause anxiety or panic or fear, but instead to encourage thinking from a critical point of view.

At the present time, my home is at a family members residence, where I am saving up to be able to purchase a truck and attachable truck camper. At that point, my home will become my truck camper and whatever patch of ground I happen to have it placed on come sundown. I do not make enough income each month to be able to afford the monthly rent on a local apartment, so in order to live within my means I have come to this option.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 4 months ago #265981 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic DONT heal yourself!!!
Two bivy's, a sleeping bag and a pack!? I've always told myself that is all I need. The rest is just playing the game. Not very realistic but it serves as a grounding to avoid attachment to material possessions at least! Now, its probably my partners attention that defines being 'home'.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 4 months ago #265993 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic DONT heal yourself!!!

Two bivy's, a sleeping bag and a pack!? I've always told myself that is all I need. The rest is just playing the game. Not very realistic but it serves as a grounding to avoid attachment to material possessions at least! Now, its probably my partners attention that defines being 'home'.

You had a sleeping bag?

LUXURY!

Heh, my home is about 7.7M km2, and it's easy to tell if I've strayed too far - I'd get wet :P

There are parts of it I prefer to others, but put me down anywhere here, and I'll be alright :)

It might only be 1.5% of the earth, but it's enough for me :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi