Professor J Peterson Against Political Correctness

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262939 by Adder
The change in the Act seems to require "evidence that the offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on" which to me seems to say its not the inadvertent misuse you have to worry about, but rather the intentional misuse enough to generate evidence of those motivations.

But despite that, I mean, its never been wrong to say they're, their, or your etc - as its just non-specific in regards to sex or gender. It's only been wrong to say the wrong sex or gender specific pronoun.... not to use the generic one. I'd be surprised if all of a sudden it was wrong to use the generic and suddenly it was required to avoid the generic one as well!!

Having too many students and trying to teach complicated subjects together would seem to be a good actual reason to repeatedly get some individual students preference wrong. If everyone can basically come up with their own pronoun then I guess it comes down to being worse then remembering someones name, which I'm hopeless at. At least names are sorta limited to common types most of the time. The rise of 'they' and 'their' I guess? Funnily enough is the freedom of gender going to spell the beginning of the end of gender itself!!

Otherwise, the can of worms of a topic... knowing gender and sex to be different things, its clear that gender seems to be shifting away from sex as where once mainstream dynamics had them overlaying pretty much completely, it seemed simple to most people - but gender fluidity means there can be not only different examples, but that it can change!!

So if gender disconnects entirely from sex, then yea I guess I'd have to consider that might not eventually need gender as a concept, anymore!!! Replace with 'human', they and their. I'd guess the only reason it existed was because it is integral in many relationship dynamics, such that many like to pair combinations of behavioral sets that seem compatible in some way. Such that in the mainstream model, places of privacy were for refuge from the other team, to allow that social interplay to exist at a higher level of interaction. If the concept of teams no longer exist, then the concept of refuge needs to change.. as its just becomes individuals. Gender fluidity seem to reference those mainstream models in some way mostly anyway seemingly, but by becoming individualized would seem to do away with it as a concept and replaced with just different types of expression.

But there is still the attribute of sex which can serve where required to impart refuge for those who want it, there is undeniable evidence in regards to reproductive dynamics in regards to possessiveness of mates. So I'd probably need to take a biological approach, have a look at nature etc, and IMO looking at human behaviour and history, the partnering pressures on reproduction tend to create a requirement for the choice of the male sex to be kept apart from the female sex. Of course this cannot be enforced, but as a rule it provides a legal landscape to promote lawful conduct which tends to have the desired effect most of the time. So with all that considered, and I cannot help but this segways into the highly emotional bathroom debate. If we were to end up using a standard non-gender pronoun then it makes me think the 3 bathroom types approach might be best, the mixed, male, and female. Just my personal opinion of course, and I know its an vexed topic with good points all round.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 4 months ago #263034 by ren
Better start stockpiling the popcorn for the end of civilization. It'll be well funny when the allahuakbars show up and no-one's there to help.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #263083 by OB1Shinobi
a correspondence from Prof Peterson
October 18, 2016,
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/civil-rights/301661-this-canadian-prof-defied-sjw-on-gender-pronouns-and-has-a

Warning: Spoiler!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 4 months ago #265056 by OB1Shinobi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8tVB7sNxc&t=5s

People are complicated.

More
7 years 4 months ago #265057 by OB1Shinobi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHv5K1YLGqE

People are complicated.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265461 by OB1Shinobi
the debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NHUV5me7Q

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #267098 by OB1Shinobi
an amazing interview, many in the comments are saying this is the best JRE ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #267100 by
I can see your point of view here and it is 100% correct. I just feel that there should be new set pronouns so people do not go around making up random words as OB1Shinobi has stated. I'm not saying this out of hate but from a real world scientifically standpoint as having people make up where own pronouns would mess up science and organization of public records. I do agree with you Goken on not calling them their preferred pronoun should be a hate crime as long as it is the correct pronoun. To sum this up the law should go forth but be revised so that one can pick out of new set pronouns for organizational purposes.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by . Reason: spelling problem

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #267101 by
I think ppl have the right to call others whatever they want, but i also think ppl have the right to or not to associate with whoever they want.

what happened to being satisfied with your friends using a nickname for you?.
this kind of thing in my mind shows that western culture has gotten to point where it can no longer absorb its subcultures.
and that is not good for the society as a whole, unless either side can give and take.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #267103 by OB1Shinobi
why should it be considered a hate-crime to say a mean thing?

i think that using the law to impose social nicety and punish infractions thereof is a guaranteed road to authoritarian tyranny

heres a guy who doesnt want to be an adult anymore, so he has decided that he identifies as a six year old little girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgePxidFt7k

sabbaticals are great thing for everyone from time to time, but this guy has created a shelter of fantasy to escape from reality, and left his real family (wife and children) behind in doing it

what i see is a man in a wig, what do you see?

am i using hate speech?

i dont hate the man, i dont want anything bad to happen to him, i would even stand up for him if someone attacked him

but i dont see a woman when i look at him, i certainly dont see a six yr old little girl
i see a man is a wig whose exact words were "i dont want to be am adult anymore"

should i be jailed or fined or have my assets seized because i have an opinion that people dont like and i speak it honestly?

is it more important that no one say anything which might hurt this mans feelings or is it more important that society be able to speak to each other honestly about what we think and what we see?

i do recognize (trans) blaire white as a woman, partly because she actually LOOKS like a woman, and partly because shes not a complete idiot

but as a result of the law thats been passed in canada and in new york, and similar legislation which is sure to follow, it is conceivable that she (an actual trans woman) could some day be fined or even jailed for hate speech against trans people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9WqfBDjRF8

if youd like to hear more from blaire white on this topic, id like to recommend her video " There Are Only 2 Genders, Get The F**k Over It "

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi