The Jedi Order...?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259345 by
The Jedi Order...? was created by
What is expected of a Jedi Knight? Does this title have some significance within the temple or does it mean that one has simple gone through the motions? Do the ranks have any real point besides being a symbol of time spent on the site?

Do you have some awareness or practice beyond that of an initiate?

In any religion there are rites and performances that one experiences and performs that can deepen the connection to the divine source of the religion. It would seem that through this time spend and the modes and methods shared from the masters, one would gain insight unattainable to the uninitiated. Is this the case for jediism?

Is your connection to the Force made more so in your time here? Or is it something to do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259347 by
Replied by on topic The Jedi Order...?
Whew, that's a lot of questions. I can only answer for me.

The significance of being a Jedi Knight can be quite profound. To me it means that I weathered a guided introspective journey that made me question myself in ways I had not previously. This questioning, examining, gave a new perspective on my life up til then. It would be pretty easy to delineate my life by 'pre jedi' and 'post knighthood', it has meant that much to me.

On a chest of drawers in my bedroom, there are items collected over a lifetime. Degrees. Certificates. Medals. A swprd from my dearly departed father. And a certificate proclaiming that I am a knight of the temple of the Jedi order. not many know it's true significance. What goes into that certificate.

I know I havent answered all your questions. Like I said, I can only answer for me, and just one or two of the list of questions at that. Perhaps others will chime in.

More
7 years 6 months ago #259349 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Jedi Order...?
In this place there is the ability we all share ...to do, it's called the human potential. It's not solely in Jedi ism but here it's payed a bit more attention to i think. The ability to live your own life is called free will. This place can give u the opportunity to join the ranks of some who have shared their own path with others and have taught others. To be a Knight is the same as some great martial art or some great truth... what r u doing with it. ? Some people sit and have it on a shelf, that's OK, if I ever get a Mustang 68 convertible there WILL Be a time I just look at it and don't drive it. That OK too. This place is sometimes or can be a place to be... what ever u want it to be. Wanna be a fan, there are plenty here, put name in that hat, looking for more, welcome to the Temple. Pm me any time u want if u have any more questions, I look forward to hearing from u more friend. I intensively didn't answer all your questions cut let's face it, most of those are really up to u.
May the Living Force be with you

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Tarran,

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #259350 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Jedi Order...?
For me it as an opportunity to refocus my path, being a sharpening of focus in an established path, such that I was always a Jedi even if I didn't know it. So it didn't make me a Jedi, it just allowed me to accelerate off the runway, pull up the landing gear, retract the flaps and leave the ground. An aircraft is meant to fly after all, not just taxi around with its lights flashing looking pretty... though the analogy only goes so far because an aircraft has to land eventually, but ya know what I mean...
:silly:

But flowery language aside; dedication & genuineness, yes but has room for growth, meant to, hopefully, tends to be more personal so not so much but possibly, yes, don't understand the last one.

Like all things it will really be what one makes of it. It's relatively new though, and has great scope for growth IMO. But change cannot be forced, generally speaking. Better to come from within then something external be clung too. Don't have much time on weekends, but hope that helps a little.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Carlos.Martinez3,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259357 by
What is expected of a Jedi Knight?
"To be Zen. That is all. To be one with the Force. More importantly to be your true self. To release the ego to finally see and accept who you truly are."
Does this title have some significance within the temple or does it mean that one has simple gone through the motions?
"To each his/her own."
Do the ranks have any real point besides being a symbol of time spent on the site?
"The ranks have been earned in accordance to the established requirements of TOTJO."
Do you have some awareness or practice beyond that of an initiate?
"Yes Zen more specifically Zazen. (Meditation)"
In any religion there are rites and performances that one experiences and performs that can deepen the connection to the divine source of the religion........Is this the case for jediism?
"Did not understand this question"
Is your connection to the Force made more so in your time here? Or is it something to do?
"I have been away from this Temple a long, long time and it keeps bringing me back. I share something in common with everyone here. The Force. The Tao. Enlightenment. Pure realization that we are all one. I just can't stand ignorant people but I have learned to tolerate. No my connection with the Force has not been made more so with my time here... But it is nice to hear from like minded and dare I say deep hearted people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259358 by
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi