Deeper meaning

More
7 years 7 months ago #259164 by j.ward
Deeper meaning was created by j.ward
I'm sure I can't be the only person who has taken up jedism an also are star wars fans since the beginning of my training I have discovered a deeper meaning in the story line for my self I am curious if anyone has had similar thought or even different ideas !!!! May the force be with you all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #259213 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Deeper meaning
Yes, you'll find lots of Star Wars fans here... :)

Although, many members actually refer to it very little in their studies and interactions as the ideas that we tend to focus on here are not by any means exclusive to Star Wars, although it does present a wonderful modern myth for conveying those ideas (more about that in the Joseph Campbell part of the Initiates Programme ;) )

Were there any particular thoughts/ideas that you were asking about?

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259218 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Deeper meaning
I am a fan. I get giddy when I just today purchased a toothbrush for my son with his request and I quote, dad can I have a Kylo Ren toothbrush instead. Duh.. I said yes and the thing is timed AND is in the shape of Kylo s light saber...which lights up red and had quotes from the movie. I also understand things not only the movie side but the value attempted to give characters so we can see how this one played out for them with their silent choices. Hmm some of those seemed saimilar to my own choices.... come to find out, by the beard of a Wookie, I wasn't alone.

Welcome friend you are with like minded people here. We all represent our own path here. Thanks for letting ours meet.

*edit
And may the Living Force be with you friend.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
7 years 7 months ago #259242 by j.ward
Replied by j.ward on topic Deeper meaning
@vtog actually you almost read my mind Lol I lost my collection so I have to just catch them when I can and through what I have studied in my IP I have learned about transcendece.....and it shed light onto someone that actually always pondered my mind as a star wars fan and that's how one becomes a force ghost and what it really means I have conveyed that as a version of one achieving transcendent :) what about you what your think?.......@carlos.Martinez yess my friend!!!...I am currently searching for jedi robes however much of them are pricey haha...and that is a good thought on it as well almost off the top of my head I can connect anikan skylwalkers choices that led him to darth Vader

More
7 years 7 months ago #259245 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Deeper meaning
Get with some of the others about robes, some have purchased and some have made their own. There's great stuff here friend, enjoy!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 7 months ago #259248 by j.ward
Replied by j.ward on topic Deeper meaning
Thank you my friend may the force be with you

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259249 by
Replied by on topic Deeper meaning
Oh yes I am a HUGE Star Wars fan, but that is not how I found my way to Jediism. I always felt a connection to the deeper teachings in the stories, especially Yoda's teachings, but never really understood why or that I should research it further. Over the years I have had a particular connection to the Dalai Lama, Bruce Lee, and Lao Tzu's teachings but did not put together how similar they were to Yoda. As I have grown as a person spiritually I realized they were essentially the same, at least in my heart, and I began looking for a community that shared my beliefs...and that led me to the Temple.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259269 by
Well , it might seem weird but everybody else in my family is nuts about Star Wars , and me , i am a Trekkie :laugh: , and yet i am the only one following this path untill now , i love the philosophy behind Star Wars and studying here as truly made me a Star Wars fan to great joy of my daughter. She knew i had it in me , lol.

What i find most exiting is to watch the Saga and seeing things that i have learned here , i look at them a lot different now !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259272 by
A question to whom it may be of interest to partake...

Do you find that the philosophy of media such as Star Wars is lessened because it is "fiction"?
Would you find it to be more relevant if it was somehow "fact"?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259281 by

Seiten Taisei wrote: A question to whom it may be of interest to partake...

Do you find that the philosophy of media such as Star Wars is lessened because it is "fiction"?
Would you find it to be more relevant if it was somehow "fact"?

To present Myth as Fact sounds like a contradiction in terms to me ? So no , the philosophy of SW is not lessened because its fiction. I assume most Myths to be Fiction. Including all books of religion.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi