Deeper meaning

More
7 years 7 months ago #259288 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Deeper meaning

Seiten Taisei wrote: A question to whom it may be of interest to partake...

Do you find that the philosophy of media such as Star Wars is lessened because it is "fiction"?
Would you find it to be more relevant if it was somehow "fact"?

In this instance, are you referring to the philosophy of the Jedi?

If that is the case in regards to your question, my answer is, not at all. In fact coming here has given me a whole new perspective of the movies, and has added immeasurable value to something I allready treasured.

The Jedi in the movies were based on several real world philophies, like Buddhism, Taoism, the Bushido and the Samurai. There's more there, for instance; honor and chivalry, which I also take from the Arthurian legends which I also am rather attracted to.

So no, Star Wars and the Jedi within it being fiction doesn't mean any less because it's fiction, but rather holds more meaning to me since I've learned that the fiction is based off of our historic myths and real life philosophy that is still alive and thriving today...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259290 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Deeper meaning

Do you find that the philosophy of media such as Star Wars is lessened because it is "fiction"?

Media makes me sad. I keep no focus on the mass media. That being said there is available many story's and myths worth taking a closed look to. Star wars wasn't a media thing the way I read it. Search the struggle to produce the movie he first created. Such struggle to get his idea on screen was a battle. No one financed him and he used his own money even. Some "movies" have meanings far greater than others. The Joy, one of them , is our syncritism ability to freely choose where WE ourself give value. It's a Jedi s choice to or not to.free will n all! The simple fact is SW was created as many movies are for entertained with a bit of common themed struggle , his was The Every Myth. ( Carlos ology there) More to it than Light sabers and cool masks! Stick around long enough you will see what I mean . May the Living Force be ever with you!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259292 by
Replied by on topic Deeper meaning

MartaLina wrote: To present Myth as Fact sounds like a contradiction in terms to me ? So no , the philosophy of SW is not lessened because its fiction. I assume most Myths to be Fiction. Including all books of religion.

When does myth become myth? Can it begin as such? Or does it at some point cross from belief?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259293 by

Zenchi wrote: In this instance, are you referring to the philosophy of the Jedi?

If that is the case in regards to your question, my answer is, not at all. In fact coming here has given me a whole new perspective of the movies, and has added immeasurable value to something I allready treasured.

The Jedi in the movies were based on several real world philophies, like Buddhism, Taoism, the Bushido and the Samurai. There's more there, for instance; honor and chivalry, which I also take from the Arthurian legends which I also am rather attracted to.

So no, Star Wars and the Jedi within it being fiction doesn't mean any less because it's fiction, but rather holds more meaning to me since I've learned that the fiction is based off of our historic myths and real life philosophy that is still alive and thriving today...

So what makes these stories relevant isn't there accuracy or perceived factual nature, but the truths they offer?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259294 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Media makes me sad. I keep no focus on the mass media. That being said there is available many story's and myths worth taking a closed look to. Star wars wasn't a media thing the way I read it. Search the struggle to produce the movie he first created. Such struggle to get his idea on screen was a battle. No one financed him and he used his own money even. Some "movies" have meanings far greater than others. The Joy, one of them , is our syncritism ability to freely choose where WE ourself give value. It's a Jedi s choice to or not to.free will n all! The simple fact is SW was created as many movies are for entertained with a bit of common themed struggle , his was The Every Myth. ( Carlos ology there) More to it than Light sabers and cool masks! Stick around long enough you will see what I mean . May the Living Force be ever with you!

Mass Media is a broad brush for mediation as a concept. By media it is meant to say wellsprings of stimuli for intellectual consumption.
I find your presentation of "simple facts" amusing, as what we choose to give value would include such simple facts.
Whats simple to you might be the most profound doe someone else.

...And also with you, brother

More
7 years 7 months ago #259297 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Deeper meaning

Seiten Taisei wrote:

Zenchi wrote: In this instance, are you referring to the philosophy of the Jedi?

So what makes these stories relevant isn't there accuracy or perceived factual nature, but the truths they offer?

Well, its open to Individual interpretation, (which makes Jediism appealing to so many) but for myself, yes. Also, understand how much of an influence Joseph Campbell was to George Lucas, and how large a role that influence played out in the writing of Star Wars.

It is essentially a modern retelling of the Heroes Journey, and this itself is relevant to many people as it can be interpreted as a journey into adulthood. This isn't just a physical process, but a psychological one as well as an Individual awakens to the responsibility that comes with the power with being an adult. "With great power comes great responsibility."

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 7 months ago #259298 by Carlos.Martinez3

Seiten Taisei wrote:

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Media makes me sad. I keep no focus on the mass media. That being said there is available many story's and myths worth taking a closed look to. Star wars wasn't a media thing the way I read it. Search the struggle to produce the movie he first created. Such struggle to get his idea on screen was a battle. No one financed him and he used his own money even. Some "movies" have meanings far greater than others. The Joy, one of them , is our syncritism ability to freely choose where WE ourself give value. It's a Jedi s choice to or not to.free will n all! The simple fact is SW was created as many movies are for entertained with a bit of common themed struggle , his was The Every Myth. ( Carlos ology there) More to it than Light sabers and cool masks! Stick around long enough you will see what I mean . May the Living Force be ever with you!

Mass Media is a broad brush for mediation as a concept. By media it is meant to say wellsprings of stimuli for intellectual consumption.
I find your presentation of "simple facts" amusing, as what we choose to give value would include such simple facts.
Whats simple to you might be the most profound doe someone else.

...And also with you, brother

I concur. Such are the joys of Jedi ism to me. Be well friend

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259299 by

Seiten Taisei wrote:

MartaLina wrote: To present Myth as Fact sounds like a contradiction in terms to me ? So no , the philosophy of SW is not lessened because its fiction. I assume most Myths to be Fiction. Including all books of religion.

When does myth become myth? Can it begin as such? Or does it at some point cross from belief?

It does not necessarily come from belief imo. And although some myths can be accounts of actual events, they have become transformed by symbolic meaning or shifted in time or place, played out , ending up as Myths , it can even be facts turned into Myths , its a lot harder to turn Myths into facts again though , hm good questions thank you :)

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259307 by Carlos.Martinez3
To me, I think, is of the many, many, psibilities this Temple helps each and every one of fnd out for themself. So yes... there is and can be so much a deeper meaning !
If W e choose. Or not. U know

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259328 by j.ward
Replied by j.ward on topic Deeper meaning

Do you find that the philosophy of media such as Star Wars is lessened because it is "fiction"

I honestly believe that if it had been fact I would find it less relevant for to find my own path I had to search for a larger meaning that a man simply cant see and when I became to eat these fruites of knowledge that the meaning offered an continued in my path to search for more :)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by j.ward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi