Telekinesis?

More
7 years 7 months ago #255137 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Telekinesis?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I use to do that with my NCOs in the military.

"Turn off the light with your mind"

*walks over, switches light switch* :P lol

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255144 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Telekinesis?
I like trying to exercise extrasensory perception, which for me is more psychology then anything - subtle alterations in perception. But telekinesis for me really runs out of steam beyond imagination, hallucination or delusion... not inherently bad but probably counter-productive to fool ourselves for fun too often - as it might water down and reduce the effectiveness compared to even normal perception and motor skills. Beyond that I guess there is no harm in trying, unless you drop a rock on someone or something.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
7 years 7 months ago #255172 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Telekinesis?

sNe1a wrote: I have believed in telekinesis all of my life. I try to practice it when I can, but havent had much luck lately due to my lack of energy.

What are your thoughts on it?

(Please be respectful of other's beliefs in this)

The temple is beautiful. On an ideal day, we're all respectfully challenging each others' opinons.
I, along with every person I know of who's done research on it, believe telekinesis by human means to be completely impossible within the realm of natural forces. That doesn't discount something supernatural happening, but again, the supernatural isn't natural so you'd be trying to play "force of the gaps" theory.

Why do you believe in telekinesis? From the context of this, it sounds like you have had success - what does that mean?

I respectfully think telekinesis is bunk, and wonder why you disagree I guess. If you want to get into the science of some pseudo-psychic powers, there was a thread a while ago that discussed them as previously mentioned.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
7 years 7 months ago #255179 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Telekinesis?

Rosalyn J wrote: I've only just thought of something really cool. Pardon my rather infantile grasp of this for the purpose of illustration:

I pick up my phone with my left hand, but I do more than that in the second it takes to physically do it.

I decide (mind)
I move muscles and joints (mind)
I use the sense of touch (mind)

So in reality I can move things with my mind :D

Exactly! We tend to forget how magical our mind really is. :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi