Telekinesis?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255051 by
Replied by on topic Telekinesis?
I have moved this thread as it was posted in the Additional Courses forum, which is for the teaching of, well, Additional Courses, as agreed by the Council.

Carry on :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255059 by

sNe1a wrote: I have believed in telekinesis all of my life. I try to practice it when I can, but havent had much luck lately due to my lack of energy.

What are your thoughts on it?

(Please be respectful of other's beliefs in this)

I believe our minds are a power force capable of spanning: time, distance and space. You're clarity of thought, focus, intent and emotions fuels your ability to have influence in/on the world...but not in the sense of telekinesis.

If telekinesis was possible it would be obvious outside of the movies.

More
7 years 8 months ago #255062 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Telekinesis?
Aleister Crowley wrote in his book Magick in Theory and Practice that magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.

This means that even mundane acts such as turning the doorknob to open a door are acts of magick.

In any given scenario, we look for the most effective and efficient way of doing something, so it is likely more "useful" to spend two years as a toddler learning to turn a knob, than a lifetime as an adult attempting to swing that door open using telekenesis. Thus the question here stops being "is it possible?", and becomes "is it worth the effort?"

Of course, no one can definitevely rule out telekenesis. Have I had experiences that were "paranormal"? Yes. Have any involved telekenesis? No.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: , sNe1a

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #255069 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Telekinesis?
Do I believe I can move things with my mind?

Tsst.

Three answers -

One, I don't believe there are things to move.

Two, I do believe my mind (and by extension my hands...) can make systems that can move things with forces invisible to the human eye (they can be detected by the human ear, and felt by human skin) but let's not be picky, it's invisible, so that's cool.

Three, I do not believe in the impossible, but I believe there are so many things that are possible that you have not imagined yet.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 8 months ago #255070 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic Telekinesis?

tzb wrote: I have moved this thread as it was posted in the Additional Courses forum, which is for the teaching of, well, Additional Courses, as agreed by the Council.

Carry on :)

Now that's the kind of telekinesis I can believe in :P

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Codama

More
7 years 8 months ago #255072 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Telekinesis?

sNe1a wrote: I have believed in telekinesis all of my life. I try to practice it when I can, but havent had much luck lately due to my lack of energy.

What are your thoughts on it?

(Please be respectful of other's beliefs in this)

I do not think its likely but I do not believe it totally impossible. However I have a question for you. If telekinesis is actually possible why is it that it is never and has never been able to be replicated under test conditions? Why is it that when anyone with these claims is put to the test they either fail or some sort of cheat is found? And in light of this why should a skeptic believe in it? This is not mocking you, this is not discounting the possibility, this is just me asking things based on historical evidence.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
7 years 8 months ago #255085 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Telekinesis?
When you say you're dealing with a "lack of energy", what do you mean by that? Also, when you say you aren't being very lucky with that wizardry lately, it sounds like you are saying that you used to have more luck before. Setting aside whether magic is a matter of luck or of skill (that'd be for you believers to debate amongst yourselves, if you care), I'm curious: What exactly were some successes you think you had earlier?

As for what I think of "it"... I think there is a rather impressive lack of evidence. Impressive enough, in my opinion, to render the idea frankly laughable at this point.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255115 by
i dont really bother with it , for reasons of evidence , and the "evidence" that i have seen takes so much out of people that i dont think its worth it , for me i would rather spend my "energy" on other things than moving a piece of paper around but that just is my opinion.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #255126 by Codama
Replied by Codama on topic Telekinesis?
As time goes forward, Humans have def been able to accomplish much more. The more we learn, the more we push our limits. I don't rule out Telekinesis being a possibility. I don't think that I will put much effort into tyring to tap into my telekenisis potential just as won't put effort into walking a tight rope. I currently think that my focus should be on pushing the limits on my service to Humanity by trying to be a "better" person and continue building my career and family. But, if you feel that you can tap into it...don't focus on anyone else's opinion. Go for it. study on mind strenghtening techniques or any other feild that may bring out that ability. research, invest in it. That could very well be your big contribution to Humanity.

I can hear my GF now
"Oh, So you can move blocks and bricks with your brain. But, you can't remember to take out the trash or even remember my middle name...here, move this pillow into the living room"
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Codama. Reason: punctuation
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, ,

More
7 years 8 months ago #255133 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Telekinesis?
I've only just thought of something really cool. Pardon my rather infantile grasp of this for the purpose of illustration:

I pick up my phone with my left hand, but I do more than that in the second it takes to physically do it.

I decide (mind)
I move muscles and joints (mind)
I use the sense of touch (mind)

So in reality I can move things with my mind :D

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Edan, , Codama

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi