Pokemon Go! A generation lost in 1 day....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247565 by
I think it would have even more value if it had the trading and PVP battles that the original ad promised. I have a feeling that those features will come out in a future update. I think that those features will increase the desire to interact with other people and they'll need to be face-to-face too since it should only work based on physical location.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247566 by
I just loaded it on my phone. The very first thing it tells you is to "Stay Alert and Observe your surroundings!" The game itself has plenty of warnings and reminders in it to look up from your phone.

Sadly i am currently stuck at a friends house and cant go walking about right now. Maybe later tonight....

More
7 years 9 months ago #247567 by Carlos.Martinez3
To me personally a lot of things available today seem like a great big laser pointer for attention. Do I own pokemon...I have a ds and yes I am a fan. That's a tough one. My gaming rarely gets me in any discussions. Reminds me of a lesson I learned about garbage in and garbage out. What we place inside us will eventually come out. Guaranteed.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #247569 by

Goken wrote: I think it would have even more value if it had the trading and PVP battles that the original ad promised. I have a feeling that those features will come out in a future update.

I think so too. I think they'll also make the pokemon themselves more individually trainable, and expand what you can catch to all of the other generations to increase how long people will stay interested in the game. Give me the ability to get a Gengar to level 100 and catch legendaries and I'll exercise for decades to get there xD
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

More
7 years 9 months ago #247573 by Kit
I'm sorry but this is the Pokémon Go loading screen and I love it and just had to share

Attachment hd0f11d8.png not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: , rugadd, Avalon, , MadHatter,

More
7 years 9 months ago #247580 by Adder
Augmented reality IMO is meant to overlay reality, not just populate it with imaginary objects. So AR should be an addition but not as a replacement. If you can walk around looking down at the map then it seems a bad idea, but if you have to hold it up so it serves as an overlay, then I think it is a sign of things to come. So long as we can turn it off!! Persistence of augmentation would annoy the heck out of me!!!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 9 months ago #247582 by Proteus
Ever seen that Star Trek TNG episode, I think it's called "The Game"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is12anYx2Qs

:P

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

More
7 years 9 months ago #247583 by Kohadre

Proteus wrote: Ever seen that Star Trek TNG episode, I think it's called "The Game"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is12anYx2Qs

:P

The plot was of an alien civilization whose plans were to overthrow the federation through the distribution of a video game that stimulated the "pleasure centers" of the brain which eventually lead to mind control of the entire crew.

I'm curious how you find this relates to the release of this video game.

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
7 years 9 months ago #247584 by Avalon
I get it. That game easy extremely addictive. It's just talking about the escapism of it all. Which I understand as a concern.

But like others have pointed out, this is meant to force people outside. You have to go around from location to location to progress.

That said... the game has been down basically all day! Grrr :angry: lol meaning I don't see how anyone could've wasted too much time on it.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #247585 by Alethea Thompson
I'm not even a fan of Pokemon, but I have to admit, this was just too cool XD!!!

That said, I've only got two...I'm doing homework today.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi