A path before/alongside jediism?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227007 by
Replied by on topic A path before/alongside jediism?
Atheist > Hindu(ish) > Taoist > Jedi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #227155 by Manu
I was raised a Catholic, as most people are in my country. I'm not sure if due to the fact that religion is so homogenous where I live, or exactly why, but it's not usually a big deal as it is in the US. Most people I've met just assume you are Catholic, but no one pushes the values down your throat.

For some reason, I became sort of the exception, taking my Catholic faith too seriously while growing up. I eventually reached a breaking point, and from there I moved on completely from Catholicism to agnosticism. I eventually realized the problem was not the religion itself, but how my mind had perceived it to be.

Since then I don't cling to any particular religion, which is why I like Jediism, it is so flexible and inclusive.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
8 years 2 months ago #227166 by Figment
For me Jediism is more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a religion. I consider myself a Pagan, more specifically a Greek Pagan, but I do "borrow" things from other faiths and practices that best suit me and where I want to go in life. Jedi code and philosophy work well with my Pagan beliefs.

Honestly I can't think of a faith where Jediism would contradict any religion's core beliefs, I think it would enhance your spiritual practices more than take away from them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yugen

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227290 by
The closest I have to a religion is some sort of conglomeration between the teachings/scholarship of Carl Jung and the writings of a few philosophers - Gottfried Leibniz (monadology), Rene Descartes (taken with a grain of salt), Nietzsche (some of the basic ideas, though not necessarily the writings themselves). I feel a deep connection and appreciation with nature, which I feel connects me to the "religions" of many groups of "native" peoples around the globe. I have lately been exposed to and studying along the lines of the Taoist tradition - Qi Gong, etc. - but I do not consider this a religious endeavor.

Mostly, I feel this is encompassed in Jungian psychology. Jung has all of the essentials there - the hero's journey, the anima/animus, confrontation with the "dark side", the spiritual mentor -- all on a journey to find one's own higher self. This is what resonates for me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227370 by
How many paths can one walk? Just one.

Their all the same path.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi