Chakras, human electromagnetic field and Qi circulation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311524 by
Super interesting article OB1, thanks! So Chakras are more like a mental image you can use to help move or give texture to an energy anywhere you want in your body, but basically you can do it any way you want.

It would seem so Rugadd, it seems to have been successfully recorded in 1963 and it is very low a million times lower in intensity than earth's magnetic field. Talk about subtle energy! :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #311525 by OB1Shinobi

Atticus wrote:

MadHatter wrote: I thought I would add this to see what people thought of the article

http://www.thewayofmeditation.com.au/blog/6-facts-chakras/

I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether the author's claims are completely accurate, but I can't disagree with the fundamental point that for many the chakras are better seen as a meditative aid than as quasi-physical structures. About a third of the argument seems to be "well, it ain't scriptural," and truthfully that doesn't hold much weight for me.

I think the crux of the argument is that the people who invented the chakra system know more about it than the people who made up some alternative chakra systems based on misunderstanding and conjecture. Like if i read some misinformation or mistranslation about medicine wheels or runes and then make up my own system/s based on them that are fundamentally different from the originals. I can call it a medicine wheel system or a rune system but is it really? If i never properly understood what the original was then how could i create a system based upon it that is credible? I cant believe im gonna say this but isnt that just a "cultural appropriation"?

(Its the inaccuracies inherent in such a thing that i consider important, more than the "injustice" of it. You could take the phenomenon of "cultural appropriation" and just as accurately call it "cultural evolution" or "cultural syncretism" imo, but that is another topic)..

I find the critique plausible, personally- BUT id also say that for those who believe in and practice energy work, there is always room for the imagination and if somethings working for you then cool, go with it.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
6 years 3 months ago #311551 by Adder
I tend to associate chakras into either targets for mindfulness on the endocrine system (5-7), or more usefully as tension pumps (4) to modulate spinal balance - and therefore build a physical relationship with the nervous system (going in rather then out as per usual). So I tend to take a psychosomatic approach for it and base it on science and personal experience only.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311675 by
Thank you adder! Could you be more specific about your practice please? Also, what do you use it on your endocrine system for?

More
6 years 3 months ago #311684 by Adder

Flojade wrote: Thank you adder! Could you be more specific about your practice please? Also, what do you use it on your endocrine system for?

Being a set of non-consciously controlled systems that end up playing a big part to influence mood (and health) it has some interest to me.... as when a fair bit of calm abiding meditation is done one can sorta shift a refined resultant attention (as a finer scale of 'awareness'), possibly to track it in regards to changes in behaviour and diet - no doubt aided to some extent by imagination to make it coherent/useful (at least initially in theory).

I tend to do my own thing but based on research, and apply techniques and perspectives in novel ways to try and find things that work, so to approach that it would require an interest in those particular systems and their impacts partnered with the techniques to manipulate Qi etc to resolve a functional improvement in ones health and potential :side:

It's an interesting way to learn and explore as well!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi