Australians urged not to pledge ‘Jedi’ as their religion in Census

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #250564 by Adder
Cough splutter, as an Australian it's a bit sad to read the article. I've never put Jedi on a census, but I will be this time.

Previously I'd put Buddhist, but I went ahead and contacted the Census agency and confirmed Jedi is a valid entry, it will be counted, but its classification will be bundled with all the other 'non-defined' smaller religions outside of their half a dozen main categories.

I wish that article had talked about real Jediism, and I had sent a link here to that bloke earlier in the week when he made a broadcast request on a local FB group; https://www.facebook.com/jedifaith/home

The real Jedi in Australia can go ahead and put Jedi and perhaps one day enough will do so that it will be recognized for the right reasons!!!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 8 months ago #250566 by ren
They don't realise there aren't actual jedi out there because the census phenomenon and the media made sure of it. People who aren't jedi shouldn't say they are such on the census. It should be noted that jediism has no deities, so we are an atheistic religion, like Buddhism, confucianism, taoism, jainism, etc... Jedi realists may sometimes believe in one or more deities, but they don't put "jedi" as their religion because they don't believe it is one either...

If anything Australian members should make it so that their government does not discard the result like they did the last time for jedi. Having a locally-registered chapter of totjo would probably help toward this goal.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250601 by
Offended. Let's have a senior member of the clergy, or maybe Adder, perhaps, him being Australian, write to the Australian religious secretary or whatever it is and show them totjo.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250607 by
I will , for i am Jedi and very proud to be. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250608 by

Deno wrote: I will , for i am Jedi and very proud to be. :)

Best answer :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250609 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: 70,000 isn't a joke nor does that sound like a typo.... that's ALOT...

What if the 70,000 who put it see it as a joke?

Zenchi wrote: People can be pretty superficial. We're also primates. Give a monkey a typewriter and paper then tell it not to make a mess, see what happens.

We've had typewriters a long time and we still haven't reproduced Shakespeare :P

Silas Mercury wrote: Offended. Let's have a senior member of the clergy, or maybe Adder, perhaps, him being Australian, write to the Australian religious secretary or whatever it is and show them totjo.

Why are you letting this offend you?

This campaign did not come from the Australian government.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250615 by
Problems of white people... In Russia there weren't even any census phenomena :unsure:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250619 by

den385 wrote: Problems of white people... In Russia there weren't even any census phenomena :unsure:

Nice indepth unbias comment loll , care to elaborate on that friend ? :lol:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250649 by
I mean, there are areas where Jedi way is similarly needed but is not culturally available.

Maybe I'm biased and superficial, but if so - that's because I'm a bit heartbroken about my country. Here, I'm the only representative, so automatically I have a responsibility to express geopolitical point of view time-to-time.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250684 by

den385 wrote: I mean, there are areas where Jedi way is similarly needed but is not culturally available.

Maybe I'm biased and superficial, but if so - that's because I'm a bit heartbroken about my country. Here, I'm the only representative, so automatically I have a responsibility to express geopolitical point of view time-to-time.

I understand :)