Force Realist TV

More
7 years 2 months ago #272425 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Force Realist TV
I spent 20 minutes shouting at the show, "but we consume things, we eat things, We absorb energy just as much as we give off in many ways". Then you said we eat things and my I quickly raised both arms in the air and shouted "YES!" and then quickly put both hands back on the steering wheel as I almost went off the interstate while listening to a youtube video...

So if there is one thing I've learned from biology and healthcare being a provider myself, is yes we consume food and energy we also absorb energy via sunlight to a degree(not a lot) we also absorb heat from the environment if its warmer then we are etc, but we do leak a lot at the same time.

It seems to me though from my experiences and some of my own limited testing(and by no means complete), I do my best to only eat as much as I Work so I don't always eat 3 meals a day or have big meals on days when I'm off and resting and so forth and eat a lot more when I've been doing a lot of work or about to do a lot of work and that has actually stabilized my weight quite a bit from where I was steady on the increase before.

I think the more energy that transitions through us, the healthier we tend to be, but also the longer generally people live, I mean there's this big push for being active etc, you can be over-active and get yourself sick, you can be under-active and get yourself sick, but if you balance the energy you bring in with the energy going out and keep that energy transfer up to a reasonable minimum amount, that is the ideal solution? but that requires more testing too but I've been trying to keep to that kind of pattern. (I got a tai chi class coming up i'm joining in on for a better regular exercise technique to improve some of that.). So will see how that goes I plan on documenting that as I go in my apprenticeship journal but just tossing a different viewpoint in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272465 by
Replied by on topic Force Realist TV
I’m so glad you took the time in this last video to explore some of the concepts with Khaos that I was speaking about in my earlier posts. Many times people are not open enough to explore both sides of an issue such as this and it’s always nice to see this more unbiased approach to presenting information like this. Khaos pretty much nailed my views of the force, with a few caveats. I happen to have a background in Astro-Physics so I like to think I know a little bit about Quantum Science lol. :P In any case when Khaos speaks of the ice cube melting in the glass leaking energy, this is not a one way process of energy going from the ice cube to the water. In fact energy goes from the water to the ice cube as well. This is the process of warming the ice cube (adding energy to the ice cube) to transform it from ice to water. The ice cube still exists in the glass, just in a different form, now with actually more energy than it had before. In kind the water actually has less energy than it had before because it is cooler than it was before the Ice cubes were introduced to the system. So instead of thinking of the water sucking energy, it’s more of a mutual exchange of energy that facilitates and equilibrium between ice and water.

This is the difference between a closed energetic system and an open energetic system. An open system is one where new energy is constantly infused into it. An example of this is our solar system. The sun constantly infuses new energy into our planet and thus our open system does not go from order to disorder. Instead it goes from disorder to greater order. In this process life does not struggle or fight against existence, it actually thrives and progresses easily to greater complexity. However this too is finite and will eventually one day cease to function as the energy of the sun runs out.

Closed systems, on the other hand, such as the ice cube and the glass (and each of us and our environment) strive for an equilibrium in their states. This is the very definition of entropy. In this case a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work. Once the ice is melted (heated) and the water is cooled, equilibrium is achieved and no more work can be done. This is not only the fate of each of us individually but it is also the eventual fate of the universe itself. A state of equilibrium where no more work can be done. We observe this process as the universe (and us individually) gaining greater and greater disorder.

This is a process that we have no control over because we are an integral part of it. In this I mean we can’t manipulate the energy under our own terms. We can’t direct it for healing or telekinetic’s or other pseudo-scientific practices. We can only accept the natural process for what it is under the laws of quantum physics. I think this eloquently describes my worldview which is one of balance of both the “dark and the light” (for lack of better terms) in all things. This function of the universe is one I think we see reflected in our lives - one of finiteness. As Khaos says, there is no after life, no such thing as force ghosts, or the continuation of consciousness after death. (at least there is no evidence for this) It’s this aspect of our existence that makes our lives even that much more valuable. We only have a limited amount of time in this reality to achieve the things we want to achieve. Why not take every moment and work to that versus making excuses as to why you can’t do this or shouldn’t try that. (That may or may not be based in some invented religious paradigm)

If we are to get anywhere close to spiritual truth it is paramount that we keep reality separate from fantasy. We should always explore our place in the cosmos from a position of skepticism. In this we should never reject the possibility of the existence of anything but also never just blindly accept that existence without proper evidence. And when extraordinary claims are made they should require extraordinary evidence. There are many more sheep in our world than there are critical thinkers and I have always found it curious as to why this is. I don’t understand why people would rather blindly believe by putting that responsibility of faith into the hands of others than evaluate these things for themselves. I think part of it must be the unwillingness to face the prospect that the truth of reality is one that they would not prefer. But this is not the way a rational mind works. We should never fall into the trap of pretending something is real just because it is comfortable or we want it to be real. Instead we need to always strive to face and accept the most accurate truth of reality possible. We need to learn to see it for what it is, not for what we want it to be.

It’s because of my worldview that I reject all religion and doctrine. No single religious paradigm even begins to encompass the majesty of existence. As I posted previously, I think there is a difference between religion and spirituality. Religion is something you do while spirituality is something you are. Spirituality is actually living this limited life we have to the fullest potential possible because is the only one we get! The alternative is chasing after illusory religious ghosts or imaginary powers that are not in evidence and really have no bearing on reality at all. They only serve to distract you from the mission of living your life!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272466 by
It is usually a common belief of mine (with some exceptions) That there is a grain of truth in just about everything and not one of them is more right or wrong than the other.

Myself, for example, use electromagnetic energy as a Basic methodology of teaching the Force to new Jedi. It's a fantastic way with perfect props.

But, as I tell people often....

It is just one Grain of Truth to the whole.

Steam.

Khaos

Connor

Kyrin

Ally

Tellahane

We all present a peace of the pie and with all the peaces together we can roughly find an overall and encompassing belief and practice :)

More
7 years 2 months ago #272705 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Force Realist TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SXUPxVV6Ps

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272708 by
Aaaah........Charles......

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272715 by
Okay. My kids and my pets have....I think....calmed down. (keeps the armor on just in case)

I love you Charles!! We have been good friends for very many many years!! So I am sure you already know....I disagree XD <-- Yup. Thats me. I always disagree. Right here!! The Disagreeing meanie Trisskar Ar'ran!!!!!!

Ok....Joking aside XD

First Point

You are not a professional wizard. There is no such thing as a professional wizard. There is no standard of rule on how one becomes a professional wizard and you won't get any tax paying credit for said job XD Its not like your the Wal Mart of Wizardry XD haha

You did not go to a Wizard School

You did not get a Wizards Dagree and....

You did not progress through a structure of Ranks to reach "Professional" status.

You simply took a few energy working classes from some friends (Who are great people!!!) and some Reiki "Training" which is a debate we have already had....XD and then decided to call yourself a Wizard. The things you do....are only real to you and those who chose to believe in your works.

You. Like the Jedi. Is all origional self proclaimed, self created and self manifested....Wizard of you. Its all you. You are a professional of YOU.

Just like each Jedi within the community is a "Professional" of their own self creations and beliefs.

AND THAT IS OKAY!!!!!!!

What is not okay is you saying you have a higher authority on the viewpoints of "The Force" because of what you do.

"The Force" Is purely FICTIONAL and extreemly Open Ended.

If a Christian wants to say The Force is God....he can say so.

If a Pagan wants to say it is the Godess....She can do that.

If a Buddhist or Eastern Philosopher wants to say it is Chi or Qi or Parana or....whatever provance we are in calls it.....THEY CAN!!!! They DO!!! They WILL!

And not a single version is more right or wrong than the other. Every single one of them are "Professional."

Second Point

I also liked Khaos's interview. And I actually did like his Ice Cube anology. Obviously there are some points id argue....There are some parts im not in agreement with...some parts that could be tweeked up a little bit....But hey! I have the right to that!! Or...do I? Im not a professional by your standards ;) haha But I would never go so far as to say its horrible and wrong..... I guess that's what makes being a Jedi and a Wizard different though.... ;)

which leads into

Third Point

Obviously we all have our own unique view. I certianly have my own.....

But

Lets not kid ourselves and sit here proclaiming our views are more professional than anothers.

Integrity folks....

I enjoy these shows when I actually get a free....Hour >_> to watch them....But one of the reasons why I like them is because all of the bullshit online forum drama of "Im right your wrong" is usually not present. Its just the host. The Speaker, and interesting topics to concider based on one spectrum of viewpoints.

Anyways....Im off to bed. Love ya!! Thank you Ally

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #272738 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Realist TV

Trisskar wrote: There is no such thing as a professional wizard.

Bull. If he claims to be a wizard, and people pay him for what he claims is wizarding, he's a professional wizard. That's what "professional" means.

If a Christian wants to say The Force is God....he can say so.

Not theologically, they can't. There are a whole host of issues with this notion and I wish people would quit equating the two like they're the same when they don't even have a fully-formed God concept to start with.

Obviously we all have our own unique view. I certianly have my own.....

But

But, they are not equally correct. In fact, some of these "unique views" are demonstrably false. Because of this, they don't necessarily deserve equal consideration. The best we can do is give folks the benefit of the doubt, but if folks are wrong, they're wrong. No shame in being wrong, only in staying that way in the face of new evidence or knowledge.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by steamboat28.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272754 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Trisskar wrote: There is no such thing as a professional wizard.

Bull. If he claims to be a wizard, and people pay him for what he claims is wizarding, he's a professional wizard. That's what "professional" means.

Simply making a claim and being paid does not make you a Professional. There are Standards and Progressions required to achieving these "Professional" Goals. If he wants to be a wizard, all power to him! He knows that I support him $100% (He also knows that when we disagree it's towards a progress of knowledge and no hard feelings in the process XD) But adding "Professional" is a stretch of the ego there XD and he knows it.

Anyone can go collect rocks and sea shells, claim to super charge them with spirits and sell them on Etsy and Ebay. That dosn't make them a professional though.

steamboat28 wrote:

Trisskar wrote: If a Christian wants to say The Force is God....he can say so.

Not theologically, they can't. There are a whole host of issues with this notion and I wish people would quit equating the two like they're the same when they don't even have a fully-formed God concept to start with.

You think that. I think that. Many others think that........That does not change the fact that SOME People Can, will and do claim the force to be God and still be concidered Jedi. Until we come up with a strict and unifying set of standards and regulations of progression in the "Profession" of Jedi.....Yea. We get to put up with "Christian Jedi" and sucks to be us ;) (Love you Ally!!!)

steamboat28 wrote:

Trisskar wrote: Obviously we all have our own unique view. I certianly have my own.....

But

But, they are not equally correct. In fact, some of these "unique views" are demonstrably false. Because of this, they don't necessarily deserve equal consideration. The best we can do is give folks the benefit of the doubt, but if folks are wrong, they're wrong. No shame in being wrong, only in staying that way in the face of new evidence or knowledge.

Correct. Does not change the fact that they can, do and will make these claims regardless, and the only right any of us have to say towards right or wrong is our own personal opinions. (Which does not equate to "Professionalism")

More
7 years 2 months ago #272758 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Realist TV

Trisskar wrote: Simply making a claim and being paid does not make you a Professional....Anyone can go collect rocks and sea shells, claim to super charge them with spirits and sell them on Etsy and Ebay. That dosn't make them a professional though.

It literally does, though, because--say it with me--words. mean. things.. A professional is someone who makes a living at a thing. Period. Any certifications or schooling or training required to do that in certain fields falls under a different word, but simply being paid to do something as a job makes one a professional. And if you don't believe me, and we still disagree on this, there are a few dictionaries you can look to for guidance.

You think that. I think that. Many others think that........That does not change the fact that SOME People Can, will and do claim the force to be God and still be concidered Jedi...Yea. We get to put up with "Christian Jedi" and sucks to be us ;) (Love you Ally!!!)

This isn't an issue with "Christian Jedi." This is an issue with Christians making claims that are unsupported by their own doctrines and not understanding their own theology.

steamboat28 wrote: Correct. Does not change the fact that they can, do and will make these claims regardless, and the only right any of us have to say towards right or wrong is our own personal opinions.

I think you missed my point on this one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272804 by
You are right. Words do Mean things.

Professional

1. relating to or connected with a profession

Google Prompt

1 a : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession
b : engaged in one of the learned professions
c (1) : characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession

Marriam Webster - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/professional

----

1. following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain:
a professional builder.
2. of, relating to, or connected with a profession :

Dictionary - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/professional

----

1. Person formally certified by a professional body of belonging to a specific profession by virtue of having completed a required course of studies and/or practice. And whose competence can usually be measured against an established set of standards.

2. Person who has achieved an acclaimed level of proficiency in a calling or trade. See also professionalism.

Business Dictionary.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/professional.html

Profession

a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification. [Google Prompt]

1. the act of taking the vows of a religious community

2. an act of openly declaring or publicly claiming a belief, faith, or opinion

Marriam Webster - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/profession

----

1. a vocation requiring knowledge of some department of learning or science:

Dictionary - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/profession

----

Occupation, practice, or vocation requiring mastery of a complex set of knowledge and skills through formal education and/or practical experience. Every organized profession (accounting, law, medicine, etc.) is governed by its respective professional body.

Business Dictionary - http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/profession.html
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So yes. By one definition an Individual can have a PROFESSION by the claim and pay idea's presented here.

But to become a PROFESSIONAL in said PROFESSION one must progress through a set of formal education and structures in said Profession. And since there is no real Hogwarts for Witch Craft of Wizardry or any O.W.L's to complete....It is only by ones own personal opinion that one has reached "Professional" status. Thus...Only gives said person the "right" to speak only on their own behalf.....and not the behalf of a community said person dosn't even practice in.

So on the one hand yes, you are right, I am wrong. Charles IN THEORY (by the streach of ones imagination) could be a "Professional Wizard" if he really really wants to be because geee...he said so.

That still does not give him any right or say to speak on behalf of Jedi on the accurate definitions and meanings of "The Force" as an authority base of right way or wrong way.