Brother John on EvilTwin Podcast!

More
8 years 2 months ago #228593 by Zenchi

Trisskar wrote:

Zenchi wrote: I don't give a rats hairy behind as to "who" came first,

Whether you care or not is Irreverent. What are YOU doing about it? Or are you jut adding to the Hate Spamming?

I don't hate spam, I also don't feed the flames. Who came first has little relevance to this discussion. You have a problem with my opinion, pm me and stop derailing...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228594 by Adder
Not that anyone asked my opinion LOL, but I tend to prefer the truth. So if existing systems of information are being abused to mislead, then corrective action may have to be non-traditional.

As for me apathy is only an excuse so long as one is not a stakeholder in the impact of the mis-truth. I don't know enough about this particular circumstance to take sides either way, but on the surface I side with Br John on listing known inaccuracy, not because it supports my opinion though - but because its where my particular view on this sort of thing sits on balance looking at all available information to me (about accuracy), and the understanding of the different points of view of people more impacted by that circumstance.

On the issue of an Office holder making a personal statement, I also tend to think its fine and encouraged, though conduct through the Temple should be shaped in line with the purpose. Since the site only linked to us, among others, I didn't have a problem with it.
:side:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228595 by
Replied by on topic Brother John on EvilTwin Podcast!

Zenchi wrote:

Trisskar wrote:

Whether you care or not is Irreverent. What are YOU doing about it? Or are you jut adding to the Hate Spamming?

I don't hate spam, I also don't feed the flames. Who came first has little relevance to this discussion. You have a problem with my opinion, pm me and stop derailing...

As I recall. One of the key, major complaints in this whole mess was that Danial Jones was claiming to be The very first to Found Jediism and the Church layouts. This claim is what lead to everything else and, regardless, does have a whole slew of relevance. Which was what I was commenting on and pointing out that neither orders has right to this boastful claim and that all this bickering over who has this and who did that...is only causing heated emotions.

I feel that you, Zenchi, are being a bit too passionate and emotional in your posts. I do not feel that I have done anything wrong here in any of my comments to this thread.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #228597 by Zenchi

Trisskar wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

Trisskar wrote:

As I recall. One of the key, major complaints in this whole mess was that Danial Jones was claiming to be The very first to Found Jediism and the Church layouts. This claim is what lead to everything else and, regardless, does have a whole slew of relevance. Which was what I was commenting on and pointing out that neither orders has right to this boastful claim and that all this bickering over who has this and who did that...is only causing heated emotions.

I feel that you, Zenchi, are being a bit too passionate and emotional in your posts. I do not feel that I have done anything wrong here in any of my comments to this thread.

Emotional? Nope, just trying to keep things on topic, which you keep detailing BTW. The fact of "who came first" is a petty subject, and if that's what really motivated this mess than we have indeed problems. As usual, its not nearly as BIG a deal as you try to make it...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
8 years 2 months ago #228598 by rugadd
The problem is if one thinks the discussion is beneath them...they should not participate in the discussion in order to demonstrate that. By virtue of posting, one announces their opinion as relevant to the discussion.

So we have two choices: Let it go on...or don't.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

More
8 years 2 months ago #228599 by Br. John
I said that of the currently existing Jedi Churches that JediChurch.org was the oldest, we came next, then TOTJF then CoJUK. There was JediSanctuary.org. It's for historical interest. I've never claimed we were first. My direct inspiration was JediSanctuary.org. I've said they are not the first and we are not the first and we have been around almost three years longer.

http://youtube/fXW1iI5dC0k?t=1m

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228607 by
Replied by on topic Brother John on EvilTwin Podcast!

Br. John wrote: I said that of the currently existing Jedi Churches that JediChurch.org was the oldest, we came next, then TOTJF then CoJUK. There was JediSanctuary.org. It's for historical interest. I've never claimed we were first. My direct inspiration was JediSanctuary.org. I've said they are not the first and we are not the first and we have been around almost three years longer.

http://youtube/fXW1iI5dC0k?t=1m

It was concerning that EvilTwin claimed you said we were the first, and at that point I knew that they were just trying to stoke the flame.

Honestly, I don't care who comes first, i don't care how many member they have,I don't care that they charge for training (though I don't think they should), I just hate that the truth isn't being told, and I am sure there would be much forgiveness if the truth was told. I don't think people would leave their church or anything, so i don't see why it has to be this hard.

I think both sides should step down, the bashing and everything stop, and we let time heal this.

Br. John, I commend you for defending us, and just wanting justice.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 2 months ago #228610 by ren
Aren't we the first church of jediism with its own clergy and stuff? Jedi Sanctuary were ULC weren't they?

CoJ didn't even claim to be doing "jediism" at first, and the NZ jedi church was just a census thing; nothing to do with Jediism or even jedi realism.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
8 years 2 months ago #228611 by Br. John
We are the first Jediism Church to ordain its own Clergy and the first Jediism Church to have its Clergy sign marriage licenses in the United States.

Founder of The Order

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228620 by Edan
How about we stop being concerned over who did what where when and how and remember that the only thing that matters is what we the temple are doing right now.

Let's close these damn threads and move on.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Zenchi, Brick