Brother John on EvilTwin Podcast!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227556 by
I can't believe this wasn't posted here (if it was, mods delete!)

Br. John was featured on a podcast! http://www.eviltwinpodcast.com/the-evil-twin-podcast/2016/2/1/episode-042-jediism

Go John!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #227560 by Br. John
Oh My Dear Lord!

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227601 by
Replied by on topic Brother John on EvilTwin Podcast!

Br. John wrote: Oh My Dear Lord!

:woohoo:

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228465 by Edan
Forget it, once I have listened to today's 'response' podcast then I'll comment.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228517 by

Edan wrote: Forget it, once I have listened to today's 'response' podcast then I'll comment.

Ask and you shall receive .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228524 by

Jamie Stick wrote:

Edan wrote: Forget it, once I have listened to today's 'response' podcast then I'll comment.

Ask and you shall receive .

@27:30 "We're completely transparent, we tell this to everybody we know" - then where are the financial records?

Jones, if you want us to trust you then prove to us you can be trusted.

More
8 years 2 months ago #228532 by Br. John
I listened to it and counted several more lies.

ChurchOfJediism.org is registered with a domain registration proxy. It does not show the owner. He said it shows me. And this domain was registered Creation Date: 2007-08-16T00:01:46Z while ChurchOfJediism.org[dot]uk was registered 07-Apr-2010 - almost 3 years later - but he said he registered it first then I ran to get a similar domain.

Where are the public financial records anyone can look up?

He counts everyone who's ever put in their email address for a newsletter as a member even if that's all they ever do.

Their Facebook page has 2,300 members - only a few post - and there's only 1 to 5 posts on any given day.

Founder of The Order

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228539 by Proteus
Daniel rephrased what he says in the interview regarding being the first church.

First he said that he looked online and there were no other Jedi churches at all, so he decided to start the first one.

Later on, he then says "there were no other Jedi churches doing what we wanted them to do so we made CoJ", and then began trying to use the phase "we are the first to do WHAT WE DO" to replace the (now obviously false) notion that they were the very first Jedi church period.

He essentially went back on what he thought he was going to feed them at the beginning.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 2 months ago #228541 by Br. John
I made mistakes. I did that podcast on a very bad day. I'd just received some bad and sad news the day before and was in a horrible state. Nonetheless I should not have said some things or said them the way I did. Several people here are crossing the line on abuse and I will not have it.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: , rugadd,

More
8 years 2 months ago #228544 by Avalon

Br. John wrote: I made mistakes. I did that podcast on a very bad day. I'd just received some bad and sad news the day before and was in a horrible state. Nonetheless I should not have said some things or said them the way I did. Several people here are crossing the line on abuse and I will not have it.

If it was a bad day, if you were in a horrible state... Then perhaps you should have rescheduled. Hindsight....

Yes, mistakes were made. And as has been said in the other thread, certain people are going to be held to higher standards with mistakes. You happen to be one of those people. Comes with the position.... *shrugs*

Time to figure out how to fix it. I personally don't think continuing to go on about them within a thread on the site is the best way to work on that....

BTW, that "publicly judging" thing applies to everyone commenting on that podcast response. People don't really need other people to point out things like the guy back tracked, or what have you. It'll be obvious enough to anyone who's paying attention.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Lykeios Little Raven, Zenchi