Jediism in the news :{ this is not good

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #126373 by Adder
It's a case of grin and bear it, and hope it slips off the news cycle soon. It is not very positive for the community here I'd imagine... as even I've had someone ask if I had anything to do with it
:( :S

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Adder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 5 months ago #126462 by ren

Avalonslight wrote:

ren wrote:

Vesha wrote:

ren wrote: Couldn't watch the video... I don't understand, what crime are they being accused of?

Sending lewd emails to female Soldiers.

that's a crime?

Since he's part of the armed forces, yes. It qualifies as sexual harassment, which is punishable under the UCMJ. Although, since this isn't in the US, it's not the UCMJ per se, but anyone in the US military to do so would have been charged under that. I'm sure Australia has an equivalent.

Still:

Recently the ADF discharged six soldiers alleged to be at the centre of the Jedi Council ring.

They are alleged to have produced and distributed offensive material and imagery including filmed sex acts, dating back to 2010.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/20012225/man-arrested-over-offensive-adf-emails/

another article for ya

Strange. You'd think something like this would be handled internally. I understand why commandment doesn't want people to have relationships, but to put your soldiers on trial for every political incorrectness seems like a very good way to destroy your military's spirit.

"shoot when we tell you to even if you don't want to or you'll rot in jail. PS: Don't perv on your colleagues whilst doing it or you're not getting a pension."

Let soldiers be people. Didn't israel have a go at some of their female soldiers not long ago for the same thing? They don't even choose military service over there.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #126484 by Adder

ren wrote: Strange. You'd think something like this would be handled internally.

I think it was, but perhaps the civilian victims complained to the Police and charges were laid there as well.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126491 by
Unfortunately I am part of the ADF and watching that on the tv at work was not good. Everyone in the room want quiet when it was on. Some people were not happy about that. The accused are from Sargent to Major. These members have been removed from the ADF. Further investigation will come.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 5 months ago #126505 by RyuJin
Shortly after I joined the navy the USS eisenhower earned the nickname "the love boat" because of a certain video of a married female lieutenant and a married male junior enlisted (not to each other) partaking of each others essence so to speak circulated amongst the crew until the xo saw it...then lots of people got punished....

The UCMJ is no joke...trust me, I spent some time in max security, then med security brigs under UCMJ punishment...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126527 by
Bullying is never a joke...

The sort of people that would use this against Jediism would purposely be looking for something to use against Jediism... So we don't really lose out much, bigots will be bigots...

Not that this helps us at all of course but I shouldn't think too much of it.