IP Q and A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319161 by
Replied by on topic IP Q and A

Twigga wrote: We can link to individual posts?!? I don't know how to do that! Can you show me? I keep referring people to "fourth page in, third down"! :laugh: I think it could save everyone some spoons... In fact, that might be a nice way to get my journal in order for ease of reading - an "Index" with the links in...

See the post number 319160 at the top of your post? That's a link to the specific post. You can right- click and copy that, then link it like:
Code:
[url=https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/ip-study-hall/121084-ip-q-and-a#319160]Twig's question about linking posts[/url]

Which looks like:

Twig's question about linking posts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319165 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319166 by
As we are working through the IP if at some point we feel like we're losing direction or something similar, is there anyway we can ask for someone to review over what we have written so far? Just like a quick look over, to get some feedback?

More
6 years 1 week ago #319167 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic IP Q and A

Lizzy wrote: As we are working through the IP if at some point we feel like we're losing direction or something similar, is there anyway we can ask for someone to review over what we have written so far? Just like a quick look over, to get some feedback?

Hi Lizzy, we do have an IP-Team available, of which I am one (others can be found here ), and we are available to help with this sort of thing :), you can also ask any of the knights if you wish

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Rex, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319169 by
Thank you!

More
6 years 1 week ago #319220 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic IP Q and A

Twigga wrote: The guidelines for the IP are pretty clear; however we all come from vastly different backgrounds. One person's best efforts will look quite different from another. Some will have given their all, but not have met requirements. The heart can be true Jedi, but the writing skills are just an insurmountable effort; particularly where English is a second language, or Specific Learning Difficulties are involved. How are those cases handled? On the other side, some of us may have met the guidelines, but it's clear to a knight-reader there's potentially more juice left in us. Do we, as Initiates, gain the benefit from all that reading and reflective work the knights do, and actually get questions for consideration and feedback on items, even when they are "Done"?

The IP Team was built around giving folks some more individual attention and help where needed. But when I made it, I didn't realize the number of Novices we actually have!!

On ESL, or learning difficulties, we actually have arranged one time that I know of, special attention to a Novice. The plan was to hold a conversation with them after they had gone through the material to help reenforce what they learned. Then they could write out their response. There were two Knights who volunteered to help them with it.

The problem with a web pressence is the written word is the most convenient form of communication. Easiest way to record for a vast majority. But that doesn't mean we won't consider video journals or audio ones. Or recorded conversations in text or audio/video. These mostly depend on what Knights are available to provide dedicated time to walk a Novice through the lessons. I got the impression that what we offered for that Novice was new ground. They haven't made it through the IP yet so I can't say how that trial worked, but since it was offered once, I don't see why it couldn't happen again :3

The IP team can provide feedback as well as Knights. But it's up to the Knight if they are going to message you or write in your journal. You are always welcome to ask anyone to read over anything in your journal for some feedback too. When I send out messages to Novices on their final journal, I usually will praise a few things I really liked or sometmes comment on a half-formed thought. I just haven't had the time to do them in a long while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319221 by
It sounds like time and hands are short Kit. Can you tell me more about the IP team, what the responsibilities are, and how we can participate and help?

More
6 years 1 week ago #319222 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic IP Q and A

Twigga wrote: It sounds like time and hands are short Kit. Can you tell me more about the IP team, what the responsibilities are, and how we can participate and help?

That's actually something I've been wondering; I'm not yet a Knight -- can I be a part of the IP team?

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319223 by
If im not mistaken it's Initiates and above that can volunteer for IP team (Gotta complete the work before you can help others. ;) )

More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #319225 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic IP Q and A
I've searched the Forums and picked out a couple of bit and pieces that relate to the IP Team from previous threads. Hopefully this answers some of the basic queries without Kit having to type it all out again:

Kit wrote: The IP Team was built to help Novices through the Initiates Programme. Our purpose is to read your IP entries, and offer helpful guidance, answer questions, catch where the minimum standards aren't met (such as word count), and act as your cheer-leading squad! Our goal is to provide you with the support you need to complete the IP and hopefully minimize the questions the Knights will have when you submit it for approval.

You won't be seeing messages from us for all of your posts, but if you have a specific question about your journal or would like a review, please feel free to send one of us a message!

If you would like to opt out of the IP Team's attentions, please send me a PM and I'll make a note on our spreadsheet!

Kit Later wrote: I'm excited to announce that we are testing a new way to run the IP Team that involves our team members sponsoring Novices. This'll give Novices a little more individualized attention and quicker turn-around for final review submissions.

Kit Further wrote: The IP team is looking for volunteers! We're looking for people to fill the following roles:

Heralds (2-3 positions):
-message new novices to introduce the IP Team.
-Required rank: Initiate or higher

Sponsors (no limit):
-review an assigned caseload of IP journals (includes updating a checklist/spreadsheet) - minimum caseload is 5 journals
-answer questions from assigned novices
-advise IP Team Delegator of inactive or plagiarized journals
-Required Rank: Apprentice or higher

It's important to know that commitment and communication is key.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi